Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 12:38   #421
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
1. Due to covid, the car has been driven only 4500 km in the last one year, and the oil needs to be changed. Can I ask them to put mineral oil instead of synthetic oil ?(Ertiga needs 0W-20) as I know this year too it wont be driven much and don't want to waste money on Synthetic oil.
Slightly OT but I thought the K15B engine required the 0W-16 grade of oil which, according to some members, is only available in a fully synthetic form. Pretty sure there was a discussion on this somewhere on the forum as it is a very unusual grade of engine oil in the Indian context.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2021 at 23:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th August 2021, 13:45   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
The CNG tank accommodates 8.3 kilos of gas and runs about 170-175 kms in the city.

I would recommend this over i10 grand for the reason of seating capacity and boot space, which certainly is handy.
Thanks for the reply @MaG.
Amazing! That brings the cost to around Rs 2-2.25 per km! More than 50% savings in terms of fuel costs as compared to my current diesel car & more on maintenance (Tata Zest(ran around 155k kms).

Can you share about the maintenance cost for Ertiga? What is the average service cost every 10k kms and are there any major expenses that should I plan for?

Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2021 at 23:31. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th August 2021, 22:59   #423
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Amazing! That brings the cost to around Rs 2-2.25 per km! More than 50% savings in terms of fuel costs as compared to my current diesel car & more on maintenance (Tata Zest(ran around 155k kms).

Can you share about the maintenance cost for Ertiga? What is the average service cost every 10k kms and are there any major expenses that should I plan for?
Hello,

You're right. The per km cost is below 3 Rs. It would be lower as the CNG is cheaper in Delhi than in Pune. CNG is way cheaper than Diesel/Petrol vehicles. For every 10k, the service cost is ~5k-7k.

Points to note:

1) Do keep the tyre pressure as recommended by the OEM and they will last longer. My stock tyres lasted for 1 lakh kms!!

2) Stock headlamps are hopeless. You will need an aftermarket upgrade if you travel long distance.

3) Expect the middle row smaller seat vibration noise if not immediately, then in the future. And the Maruti guys have no solution to it.

4) Beautiful steering. Weighs beautifully at lower and higher speeds.

5) Spacious cabin for all occupants.

6) This is Maruti Suzuki and no Tata/VW/Skoda in terms of build quality.

Hope this helps in your buying decision.
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:30   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post

Hope this helps in your buying decision.
Tyres lasting for 1 lakh kms! That's incredible. I think Maruti recommends 29psi without load for all tyres.

Thanks for inputs, you have helped in making an informed buying decision! I think I'm going ahead with it.
Old 4th September 2021, 15:54   #425
BHPian

Hello all!

Need some help. 1 week old Ertiga Bi-fuel model (Petrol + CNG) is showing a warning light which seems to be the coolant level warning. Is this normal?

Please see the attached image. I am talking about the blue warning light: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-de15a43eefa94a46811ff50b3529d22a.jpeg

Thanks
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:41   #426

The blue symbol comes up as soon as you start the engine indicating that engine is cold and it should go off after few minutes once the engine warms up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Hello all!

Need some help. 1 week old Ertiga Bi-fuel model (Petrol + CNG) is showing a warning light which seems to be the coolant level warning. Is this normal?

Please see the attached image. I am talking about the blue warning light: Attachment 2202279

Thanks
gpbs11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 08:25   #427

There is a recall for Ertiga including xl6, Ciaz. No clarity on which part though. This is second recall after the Hybrid components.
https://apps.marutisuzuki.com/Information10.aspx
Zen_forever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 19:06   #428
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a query on the Smart infotainment replacement on the Ertiga ZXi AT and the reverse camera as well. I could not find a response on this thread, I could have missed and apologies if I have.

Maruti does have some option from its accessories to replace, anybody has any suggestions on this with respect to the various options that Maruti offers and is there any other suggestion to change the infotainment unit (Outside of Maruti Genuine accessories) without messing up with the Warranty.

Since I am looking for a seven seater, I am not able to think of XL6 for my above requirement and not clear if XL7 will come to India any soon.
Old 13th October 2021, 18:47   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=yEJRSgLF6iU?feature=share

Uploaded the video of sound coming when going over sharp bumps.
(Please see above posts for more info)
Maruti Service center was not able to diagnose this issue, so I decided to do some research myself

Here is what I did:

Raised the right front wheel using the jack and did the usual left-right, top-down shake to see there was any noise coming from the suspension. It all felt nice and tight. This gave me confidence that nothing was wrong with the suspension as the noise was not metallic, nor was I feeling any vibrations or change in suspension behaviour (the car has been driven about 9900 kms with utmost care). The noise, as can be heard in the video is like some rubber hitting somewhere.

Then, I tried shaking the car up and down and found the exact source of the sound. It was coming from the rubber covering inside the spring that covers the shock absorber's piston. Ideally, it should be sticking to both the top and bottom end of the shock absorber, but the top end has come off, in the sense, I can easily pull it down with my hand and when I leave it, it goes up and bangs against the top side of the shock making a 'bop' sound.

So what is happening is, when the spring compresses when going over a bump, the rubber covering hits the top end of the shock absorber, and since the bottom end is sealed, the resulting 'bop' sound is amplified by the fact the it also throws out air when it hits to top end (similar to hitting a drainage rubber plunger on ground). There is nothing wrong with the mechanicals and I can sleep well now.

P.S. Maruti's service center told me that the issue is due to loose engine cover, which he had apparently tightened and told me that the issue is resolved which was not the case. Instances like these help lose faith in authorised service centers.
NiInJa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 17:16   #430
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but need some info if an android auto based music system can be installed on my 2016 VXI Ertiga from Maruti genuine accessories. I don't have any plans to sell it for atleast 5 more years but since I travel a lot, gmaps appearing on a bigger console will help than on a much smaller handheld mobile screen.
If this is possible any info on part number would help since the Maruti folks can order and install. Not interested in third party systems since they mostly tamper with the wiring.
Really appreciate any help on this.
Old 17th October 2021, 17:19   #431
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but need some info if an android auto based music system can be installed on my 2016 VXI Ertiga from Maruti genuine accessories. I don't have any plans to sell it for atleast 5 more years but since I travel a lot, gmaps appearing on a bigger console will help than on a much smaller handheld mobile screen.
If this is possible any info on part number would help since the Maruti folks can order and install. Not interested in third party systems since they mostly tamper with the wiring.

PS: Another option is to use a big tab with a sim card and get gmaps on it. There are big mobile holders for cars. I will go with that if there is no support from Maruti.
Old 17th October 2021, 17:27   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post

PS: Another option is to use a big tab with a sim card and get gmaps on it. There are big mobile holders for cars. I will go with that if there is no support from Maruti.
OE system will be insanely expensive.

I upgraded my Kenwood BT system to Android Auto one (Blaupunkt New York 750) last year and has been working fantastically ever since.

You can find more details here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4914354 (DIY: Steering-Mounted Audio & Bluetooth Controls (1st-Gen Ertiga))

And just so you know, this can very well be fitted in your 2016 model too without slicing or skinning a single wire.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th October 2021 at 17:30.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 17:29   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
OE system will be insanely expensive.

I upgraded my Kenwood BT system to Android Auto one (Blaupunkt New York 750) last year and has been working fantastically ever since.
Any specific location in Bangalore you got it installed from?
Old 17th October 2021, 17:31   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Any specific location in Bangalore you got it installed from?
I always install every accesory myself. I have shared the link to the thread where you can find details in my earlier response.
Old 17th October 2021, 17:36   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I always install every accesory myself. I have shared the link to the thread where you can find details in my earlier response.
This specific one does not seem to be available anymore, need to search other one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks