Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2022, 11:39   #451
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Similar things used to happen in a Friend's Swift D in 2018-19. ABS light on, steering hard, Range ---, Check Engine Light on etc. It was mid variant Vdi so didn't have a start-stop button. The MASS told us that its was Faulty ABS sensor that needs to be replaced. They quoted Rs 27k plus. After multiple visits to various MASS FNGs; burning 5k for a used module; Finally the module was replaced with a new one and his car has been running fine since. The culprit was faulty ABS Module. Costed him 27k plus.

I hope you have extended warranty on your Ertiga.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 15:08   #452
BANNED

I would not expect maruti to have proper diagnosing skills. Write an email or talk to the manager to assign a senior technician. It is not normal, simple as that. Start by changing battery is what I’d say if you can’t get proper diagnosis
Old 9th April 2022, 18:16   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post

After lots of searching, Blaupunkt had the camera I was looking for.
Replaced the Maruti camera with
https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...s/BC-DH05/302/

Thanks to Procrj posts
Learnt about Mr. Suresh from The Bass club, Devegowda petrol bunk, Bangalore. Mr. Suresh helped install the camera.
The camera didn't fit in the slot provided, so an adjacent hole was made and the camera was installed.
As the wiring harness was all installed, swapping the camera was quite easy.
I too own Auburn Red Zxi AT, 2019Mar. It has run only ~12k kms. What is the FE you are getting out of it? Mine is nowadays 7.4kmpl. Pretty dismal.

Reg reverse camera, Can you please pictures of this after installation? How much did Mr. Suresh charge for installing? What would be the cost of the harness? Also what display you are using currently to view this camera output?
I too am yet to buy an entertainment system. Please share any suggestions.
Old 12th April 2022, 18:43   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Hi All,

Both the times it is after long drives, warnings for all critical components like ABS, STEERING and Engine is worrying.
how do we find the cause, did anyone else face similar issues?
Well, after checking both the DTC pics, it seems to be electrical in nature. Lost communication points to some ECU disconnect/communication issue.

Could be loose earth/ground points and faulty couplers. At times, rust/corrosion can also cause similar issues. Would recommend getting all earth points removed, cleaned and fitted. Check all the ECU couplers and refit them. Ensure the power relays are functioning as well.

Electrical issues require skill and patience. Hope there issue gets resolved soon.

Last edited by John P Daniel : 12th April 2022 at 18:44. Reason: Formatting
Old 15th April 2022, 19:44   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
What is the FE you are getting out of it? Mine is nowadays 7.4kmpl. Pretty dismal.
The MID shows 13.4 KMPL, And I generally tend to fill up the tank once I cross 400kms, Approximately 30ltrs of fuel goes in till auto cut off.
70% of driving has been on highways with AC on for all the 30K+ kms.
I have disabled the MID FE reset, so the MID FE stays even when the fuel lid is opened
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Reg reverse camera, Can you please pictures of this after installation? How much did Mr. Suresh charge for installing? What would be the cost of the harness? Also what display you are using currently to view this camera output?
I too am yet to buy an entertainment system. Please share any suggestions.
In 2019, installed a Maruti accessory with JP Nagar Mandovi motors,
It costed me ~8K including installation:https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m56r09-040

This is a set of IRVM with Integrated display + Harness + Reverse camera, which is installed by drilling the bumper

The display quality isnt great, and on sunny days its not bright enough
This option is expensive, given that we get Android HU for ~10K,I went ahead with this option as this felt a cleaner setup and I have plans to install Sony XAV 9500 ES , as soon as its available in Bengaluru
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220415-7.04.06-pm.jpeg
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220415-7.04.20-pm.jpeg

The camera costed me ~3k, Purchased and installed at The Bass club, An additional hole above the number plate was drilled as the existing place dint fit the Blaupunkt camera
Link to the camera: https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...s/BC-DH05/302/
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220415-7.04.45-pm.jpeg  

Zeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 22:20   #456

Quote:
Hi All,
My 2019 Ertiga has done about 19k km, most of it were on highway runs with family and friends and all drives were without any incidents except the 2. On 2 occasions, I have had all the warnings on the dash lighted up, like check engine, abs, power steering and both the times it was after traveling atleast 300+ km.
1st occurrence April 21, ~15k km:We were returning from Mysore, stopped for dinner, everything was normal till then. After dinner, I start the car and it indicates all the warnings, refer the screenshot. Attachment 2288142
Steering was hard, I try switching off the car but the start stop button was not responding. All electicals were working including headlights and AC, got everyone out, opened the bonnet, everything seemed fine. After 5 min or so, stop button worked and car was finally off. Restarted the car after 15 min call with Mandovi, warnings were gone and we were able to drive back without any issues.
Next day visited ASC, obd scan captured multiple issues including ABS.
Attachment 2288139
Physical inspection revealed nothing, histories were cleared, they suspected it could be battery. I was told it was fine to drive and it was till Mar 22, ~18k km: we were returning from Melkote, after a quick stop, started the car and all the warnings were on. Start stop button didn't respond for 10 min, it was the same issue repeating. Next day at ASC, obd scan revealed same errors as before.
Attachment 2288143

this time they checked battery voltage, water level in all 4 cells, all was normal and returned the car saying everything is good.
Both the times it is after long drives, warnings for all critical components like ABS, STEERING and Engine is worrying.
how do we find the cause, did anyone else face similar issues?
Update: Issue reoccured today. Was near Mandovi ASC, Scan revealed same errors as before. Most of the connectors were removed and checked, visually they looked okay. Left the car at the service center, hopefully they find the cause.

Appreciate all, for the suggestions. It helped while discussing with service folks. Yes I do have the extended warranty, not sure what is covered by it.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220415_175921.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2022, 23:59   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate all, for the suggestions. It helped while discussing with service folks. Yes I do have the extended warranty, not sure what is covered by it.
I hope your issue got resolved? If so can you share what was wrong and if they fixed it under warranty? I just bought a preowned Ertiga and I believe the previous owner had taken 1 additional year of warranty. I am contemplating if I should purchase 2 more years. I have asked the dealer but they don't seem to be in a hurry to sell it!
Old 24th April 2022, 10:31   #458

Hi,
Well, Car is back with me. I am told that were able to replicate the errors by pulling a pin in the ABS. It is tightened now and issue shouldn't reoccur. I was not convinced with the loose pin explanation as the issue was intermittent, they seem reluctant for a warranty claim.
Based on the boot struts and front right shocks warranty claim, It is clear, they really don't want to go for warranty claim for ABS. I had to visit multiple times to get the replacement done for struts and shocks.
Now all I can hope, it is fixed for good and I don't have to haggle with them for another warranty claim.
Below was the last reading from scan, before the pin was fixed.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220415_173317.jpg
Old 25th April 2022, 18:34   #459
Senior - BHPian

Need some help with weird noise from the brakes.

This issue started coming after a long drive from Pune to Goa. There is a soft whistling sound coming somewhere from the front when I press the brakes. It comes only for a fraction of second when the pedal is depressed initially and goes away ONLY if the car is motion. Does not occur at standstill. This is a whistling sound like a guy whistling [pheww] when he sees something unexpected and not the usual squealing if the brakes are dirty.

I did the usual testing of seeing if the brakes harden when car is off and depresses smoothly when switched on. Nor has it affected the braking performance, but it is a major irritant now along with the thud sound coming from front suspension.

My car is due for annual service soon, so any inputs will be appreciated.
Old 1st May 2022, 10:54   #460
BHPian

My driver crashed my 7 month old Ertiga in such a manner that the driver side door has gotten torn. Should I get the panel repaired or should I go for a replacement? Considering the below quoted post by Leoshashi, will a replaced door be susceptible to rusting? Can this sealant not be applied on the replacement panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Why didn't I go for panel replacement?

Well many people think replacement panels are same as Factory panels. Atleast in case of Maruti, they are not! There is sealant applied in factory panels along the folded seam. Not so in the replacement panels. That was the biggest bummer and this causes rusting along the seams.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-dad9bba0003b498fa7ec1b85543be91d.jpeg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-89f45050e1804c38b6b8e857776b75ce.png  

Old 1st May 2022, 11:01   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
My driver crashed my 7 month old Ertiga in such a manner that the driver side door has gotten torn. Should I get the panel repaired or should I go for a replacement? Considering the below quoted post by Leoshashi, will a replaced door be susceptible to rusting? Can this sealant not be applied on the replacement panel?
Sad to see your Ertiga in this state. I'd strongly advise replacing the panel for longevity. Before it goes in for painting, apply two masking tapes around the entire seam such that the seam lies between the tapes, distance between tapes being maximum 1cm. Then apply a thin layer of body seam sealant all around the panel. Flatten thick blobs, if any. Then remove the masking tape to reveal a sharp straight seam line, like that applied from factory.

This way, there will be no downside to panel replacement.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 00:23   #462
BHPian

New gen Ertiga 2022 CNG update:

Since there is no thread for New gen facelift 2022 Ertiga official review as we have dedicated one for 2022 facelift XL6, I'm posting this info here.

Snapshot credit to respective YouTube channel:
Snap shows No temperature gauge in new gen Ertiga 2022 CNG model.

There are seperate fuel gauge for Petrol & CNG (Left one for CNG & right side for petrol), but not for temperature? Any more info about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220502_230301.jpg  

yoscenario2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:46   #463
BHPian

Has anyone fitted GoFar Roof carrier on their 2018 Ertiga? Please share feedback on whether it is worth the money. It is quoted at 22500/- by authorised dealer of M-Tek in Bangalore. Is there any alternatives which you can suggest?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190513wa0007.jpg  

Old 11th May 2022, 01:17   #464
BHPian

My wife commutes in an Ertiga cab (CNG) for office. This happened on Friday (6th May) around midnight near sector 46 crossing which is well guarded by police. The traffic light was green and the Ertiga was at about 40-50 kmph at the crossroad. A lunatic, suicidal 3 wheeler tempo carrier came at 90 degree (the signal light must be red for the tempo), the Ertiga cab driver couldn't stop and hit the tempo. Nothing happened to the tempo except some scratch like marks. Condition of the Ertiga is visible in the attached photograph. It seems the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is made of thin paper, some frame was bent like a ribbon. No airbag was deployed. My wife was at second row and didn't have any major injury except some sudden jerk and neck and shoulder pain appeared after 2-3 hours once she was out of that trauma. The cab driver and guard were saved due to seat belts.

My query is, whether there is any improvement of structure or body shell in the new Ertiga or XL6 released recently or they are of same structure like this earlier model?

Next query, whether Brezza and S-cross are of similar fragile structure? Or little better? Or substantially better?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20220506wa0012.jpg  

RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 06:30   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
My wife commutes in an Ertiga cab (CNG) for office. This happened on Friday (6th May) around midnight near sector 46 crossing which is well guarded by police. The traffic light was green and the Ertiga was at about 40-50 kmph at the crossroad. A lunatic, suicidal 3 wheeler tempo carrier came at 90 degree (the signal light must be red for the tempo), the Ertiga cab driver couldn't stop and hit the tempo. Nothing happened to the tempo except some scratch like marks. Condition of the Ertiga is visible in the attached photograph. It seems the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is made of thin paper, some frame was bent like a ribbon. No airbag was deployed. My wife was at second row and didn't have any major injury except some sudden jerk and neck and shoulder pain appeared after 2-3 hours once she was out of that trauma. The cab driver and guard were saved due to seat belts.

My query is, whether there is any improvement of structure or body shell in the new Ertiga or XL6 released recently or they are of same structure like this earlier model?

Next query, whether Brezza and S-cross are of similar fragile structure? Or little better? Or substantially better?
No more Maruti cars in my opinion. Newer cars on heartect platform seem to have even thinner shell. I switched to Tata and will stick with them or Mahindra. It is simple as that. Let's keep the only life we have in proper shape..
I heard all of the new Maruti cars are based on heartect including Brezza and S cross, so goodbye to Maruti from my side.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 14th May 2022 at 06:33.
rajivtelang is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks