Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2019, 21:16   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am finding the OEM lights on Ertiga are very much useless for night driving. One option that I use is to run on high beams and put them to lowest position by healamp leveling dial.
As far as I'm aware, you can't use the leveller for high beams. High beam throw is fixed.
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:18   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
As far as I'm aware, you can't use the leveller for high beams. High beam throw is fixed.
My ertiga is 2016 model and it does have leveller setting even for high beam. Good for me but recent trip to Dharwad showed other limitation. Not sure if it is the wiper blade or the wind shield quality used. It was raining near Davanagere at around 7pm and on highway NH 4 there is all mess due to flyover constructions. With the technique I mentioned about high beam it did not help me at all. The wipers leave a thin film of water on glass which makes you blind when any light comes from other side, no matter if it is low beam or high. I was driving blind occasionally but it was stupid and quite dangerous. I tried all possible temperatures from inside to compensate the film formation but failed miserably.
Does anybody have any idea about it? My old Estilo had same issue but old Santro Xings did not show such stupidity ever. I had tried changing wiper blades for Estilo without any success. Does Maruti use cheaper wind shields to save some money here too? Any solution for this? One solution is not to buy Maruti again which I have already started by buying Tiago.
Old 5th November 2019, 11:23   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody have any idea about it? My old Estilo had same issue but old Santro Xings did not show such stupidity ever. I had tried changing wiper blades for Estilo without any success. Does Maruti use cheaper wind shields to save some money here too? Any solution for this? One solution is not to buy Maruti again which I have already started by buying Tiago.
For sure your wiper blades have hardened and have lived their prime. Replace them to a good set.

Also, wash your windshield thoroughly with a good shampoo OR Colin (or similar). That will take away any residual oil particles etc that the glass accumulates over daily usage. Afterwards, add 5-7 drops of a simple shampoo (I use Clinic Plus) into the windshield washer tank. It will keep on cleaning these residues every once in a while on usage.

If you get your car washed by someone - I suspect the rag/cloth that is being used last on the windshield is loaded with oil/grease. That is mostly the culprit.

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th November 2019 at 11:51.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 14:48   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The wipers leave a thin film of water on glass which makes you blind when any light comes from other side, no matter if it is low beam or high.
Quote:
Does anybody have any idea about it?
Issue apart from the wipers could be related to :

1. Ageing of the windscreen (replace windscreen)
2. Tension on the springs for Wiper Arms (not the blades but the arms),bending won't help.
3. Oily layer on the windscreen (thorough cleaning will help)

Quote:
Does Maruti use cheaper wind shields to save some money here too?
I don't know if this is true but I know you have been an ardent hater of the products from the MSIL stable but let me tell you something more with my experience of owning 2 cars, one from 2006 and another from 2013:

For my WagonR I replaced the windscreen at 150,000 Km in its 6th Year mainly because of swirl marks and that in rainy season it wasn't a great experience to drive. The replaced windscreen is Saint Gobain, the car has run a lakh more after this and the ageing is similar.

For my Ertiga, I recently replaced the windscreen for similar reason but at 178,000 Km. The new one is AIS and is stupidly I can by driving it for less than 5000 Km say It is doing well.

If you notice the examples above, for both cars, the windshield has lasted for at least 150,000 Km and I think that is good life considering the abuse it takes along the highways. Also, note that I replaced the windscreen at my known place (At Rajkot for the WagonR) and Windshield Experts (for Ertiga) and I am more than sure that in another 50,000 Km, the WagonR windscreen will start showing the same symptoms as the stock windscreen. So your assumption that they use cheap quality windscreen may not be true.

Quote:
Any solution for this? One solution is not to buy Maruti again which I have already started by buying Tiago.
Try the options mentioned above. You can always shop for something mightier if things don't work.

Last edited by paragsachania : 5th November 2019 at 14:52.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:24   #305
BHPian

One thing you could try is to apply some white tooth paste (just enough to spread with your finger) on the wind shield, spray some water and then rub using news print. This worked for me most of the times. I used to do this at least once a year for my previous car.
There will be a lot of invisible dirt that accumulates on the wind shield and doesn't go away in normal wash. When it rains, you see them as oily smear that wipers can't clear and impacts visibility very badly.
As an end note, don't blame me if you feel sad about your teeth, which have been bearing the brunt all these years.
igniteddriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 19:43   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Issue apart from the wipers could be related to :

1. Ageing of the windscreen (replace windscreen)
2. Tension on the springs for Wiper Arms (not the blades but the arms),bending won't help.
3. Oily layer on the windscreen (thorough cleaning will help)

I don't know if this is true but I know you have been an ardent hater of the products from the MSIL stable but let me tell you something more with my experience of owning 2 cars, one from 2006 and another from 2013:
1. Hard to believe that the windscreens age after 36000km.
2. I have turned an ardent hater only after they showed the heartect platform and compromised with safety.
3. I have seen same behaviour with Estilo at 40000km as well but never with Santro which ran 90000km.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 5th November 2019 at 19:45.
Old 5th November 2019, 20:22   #307
BHPian

Can anyone please suggest how much practical mileage to expect from new ertiga in bangalore city drive ?
Old 5th November 2019, 20:38   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Can anyone please suggest how much practical mileage to expect from new ertiga in bangalore city drive ?
For me,
in BengaLuru,
New Ertiga, AT VXi,
Run 5k KMS,
Conservative driving,
full time AC,
1:1 free way and congested roads
one person onboard most of time,
regular Shell Petrol,
company recommended tyre air pressure
Mileage is 10kmpl at best.
rich_heart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 12:31   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
For me,
in BengaLuru,
New Ertiga, AT VXi,
Run 5k KMS,
Conservative driving,
full time AC,
1:1 free way and congested roads
one person onboard most of time,
regular Shell Petrol,
company recommended tyre air pressure
Mileage is 10kmpl at best.
Thanks, but company claims 18.7 kmpl, so i was expecting 12. Anyway thanks alot for practical figures.
Old 6th November 2019, 16:19   #310
BHPian

Is Ertiga CNG factory fitted kit or dealer fits it as per company guidelines?
I am asking this because I wanted to see the option whether I can buy AT with CNG.
CNG will be useful for keeping cost down for daily usage.
Old 6th November 2019, 17:03   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Is Ertiga CNG factory fitted kit or dealer fits it as per company guidelines?
I am asking this because I wanted to see the option whether I can buy AT with CNG.
CNG will be useful for keeping cost down for daily usage.
There is no CNG with AT. It will have to be an aftermarket job.
MASS will not do the installation.
Old 6th November 2019, 18:43   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
There is no CNG with AT. It will have to be an aftermarket job.
MASS will not do the installation.
That is why I asked, is CNG kit factory fitted? Or Dealer adds it based for normal VXI CNG orders. Why I am asking, if I am not wrong it was practice earlier that for CNG models dealer used to add CNG kits for original CNG variants of respective models. It did not come factory fitted.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 6th November 2019 at 18:46.
Old 12th November 2019, 13:47   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Diesel BS6 Spied On Test

The source speculates ( FS indicating as Fiat Sourced ?)it is FIAT's diesel engine but it could in reality be Suzuki's 1.5L diesel engine.

The MPV carries the DDiS badge.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertigadieselbs6spied.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertigadieselbs6gaadiwaadi.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertigadieselbs6spiedontest.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th November 2019 at 13:55.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 15:23   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Diesel BS6 Spied On Test

The source speculates ( FS indicating as Fiat Sourced ?)it is FIAT's diesel engine but it could in reality be Suzuki's 1.5L diesel engine.

The MPV carries the DDiS badge.
They have actually vandalized the car with paint-spray instead of using a camo-wrap like others do. So probably picked up any random car from the yard, plonked in a different engine & saved some money on camo-wrapping?? This is a first I'm seeing!

Is the temp registration plate also photoshopped? Isn't the "2017" in it supposed to relate to the year? Or no?
Old 12th November 2019, 15:27   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
They have actually vandalized the car with paint-spray instead of using a camo-wrap like others do. So probably picked up any random car from the yard, plonked in a different engine & saved some money on camo-wrapping?? This is a first I'm seeing!

Is the temp registration plate also photoshopped? Isn't the "2017" in it supposed to relate to the year? Or no?
Cost cutting . Very efficient way. But can one put a newer engine in old chassis? That too temp. registered in 2017? Not sure if Maruti had new chassis back in 2017. I think new Ertiga was launched in 2018.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 12th November 2019 at 15:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks