Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2019, 13:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG Launched at Rs.8.88Lakhs, based on the VXi model

Source

Quote:
Pricing for the Ertiga CNG starts at Rs 8.88 lakh, while the Ertiga Tour M is priced at Rs 8.83 lakh.

Maruti Suzuki has just launched CNG variants of the Ertiga and taxi-spec Ertiga Tour M MPVs. The Ertiga CNG has been priced at Rs 8.88 lakh, while the Ertiga Tour M CNG has been priced at Rs 8.83 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

When compared to the Ertiga VXi, the Ertiga CNG costs around Rs 71,000 more and the Ertiga Tour M CNG costs around Rs 66,000 more. Both versions continue to be offered in 7-seat configuration with the factory-fitted 10.86kg (60-litre water equivalent) CNG tank positioned under the luggage bay floor. The claimed fuel efficiency on the CNG variants is 26.2 km/kg.

The CNG variant of the standard Ertiga is available in the mid-spec VXi trim-level, while the Ertiga Tour M is only offered in a single trim level based on the standard VXi trim.

In terms of features, both cars get power steering, front and rear power windows, remote central locking, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, coloured MID, an audio system with AUX, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, steering-mounted audio and call controls, four speakers, first and second row 12V power outlets, head rests in all three rows, and a dual-tone dashboard. The Ertiga Tour M also gets speed limiter that restricts the speed to 80kph.

The Ertiga CNGs are powered by Suzuki's 1.5-litre, K15B petrol engine that produces 105hp and 138Nm of torque on petrol, though on CNG, these figures reduce a bit as the output comes down to 92hp and 122Nm. The engine is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Maruti does not offer the CNG kit with the SHVS smart hybrid system engine option.
Old 27th July 2019, 19:55   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Next Gen Ertiga tops the chart as market leader- Becomes India's India’s best-selling MPV.

- Grows 60% post launch of Next Gen Ertiga in November 2018

- Over 8,000 units average monthly sales in the past four months

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India today announced sale of over 61,000 units of Next Gen Ertiga, since its launch in November 2018. This is 60% growth compared to the same months in the previous year. Surge in sales of Maruti Suzuki’s Next Gen Ertiga has helped the urban MPV achieve the pole position in the segment. With an average monthly sale of over 8,000 units, the next Gen Ertiga is India’s best-selling MPV
Source: MS Press Release
Old 27th July 2019, 21:27   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
That's odd. I have already flipped the tyre in the bracket and the air inlet is now facing downwards. I have made sure to have the inlet is at closest point from rear end of car.
I have tried and I could not flip. I was not able to position it properly if I flip because there is a rod in the middle which turns upward which is hitting the front side ( flat surface) of the rim. If the front side faces upwards then this it fits properly.
Old 28th July 2019, 00:35   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have tried and I could not flip. I was not able to position it properly if I flip because there is a rod in the middle which turns upward which is hitting the front side ( flat surface) of the rim. If the front side faces upwards then this it fits properly.
Sorry to hear that. My vxi 2016 model allowed me to flip it very easily. Looks like there us a big change in the bracket underneath. Wonder how maruti expects to put air in spare tyre in new ertiga?
Old 28th July 2019, 21:14   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. My vxi 2016 model allowed me to flip it very easily. Looks like there us a big change in the bracket underneath. Wonder how maruti expects to put air in spare tyre in new ertiga?
Looks like in New Ertiga they made it this way. Not sure what Maruti has thought on this. It's a risky one as I am not checking the spare wheel air often due to this issue. In fact only once in the last 5 months of ownership.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 28th July 2019 at 21:15.
Old 28th July 2019, 21:49   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Looks like in New Ertiga they made it this way. Not sure what Maruti has thought on this. It's a risky one as I am not checking the spare wheel air often due to this issue. In fact only once in the last 5 months of ownership.
Perhaps you need to remove spare tyre at home and then carry it in car to petrol pump. Get it filled there and get it back and put back in place. Even if you fill the air at home you need to carry out this tyre removal and putting back exercise. That's awful.
I make sure to check this tyre before any long drive without failure.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 28th July 2019 at 21:51.
Old 28th July 2019, 22:13   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps you need to remove spare tyre at home and then carry it in car to petrol pimp. ....
I make sure to check this tyre before any long drive without failure.
You are spot on! This is what I did. Very tedious job if you ask me and I go for long drives once in a month. :(
Old 31st July 2019, 07:11   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti launches BS VI compliant version of petrol powered Ertiga.

The revised ex-showroom price of the model in Delhi/NCR now varies from Rs 7.54 lakh to Rs 10.05 lakhs.

Link
Old 31st July 2019, 07:23   #249
BHPian

Guys. A weird problem in my Ertiga zxi+. Offlate the lock unlock sound has stopped . It works just fine in silent mode . Any thoughts on this ? Maybe some settings related . Thanks in advance
Old 31st July 2019, 08:13   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Guys. A weird problem in my Ertiga zxi+. Offlate the lock unlock sound has stopped . It works just fine in silent mode . Any thoughts on this ? Maybe some settings related . Thanks in advance
Check the coupler to the hooter inside the bonnet. It may have got disconnected or rats may have chewed a wire leading to this.

Old remotes allowed silent lock unlock but only for that one occasion when you want to lock or unlock by pressing 2 buttons simultaneously and then either press lock or or unlock and it would do it silently. But after this it was normal beeps.
Old 31st July 2019, 17:34   #251
Senior - BHPian

BS-VI compliant Maruti Ertiga petrol launched at Rs. 7.55 lakh

The Maruti Ertiga petrol now complies with the BS-VI emission regulations that will come into effect on April 1, 2020. The updated Ertiga is priced from Rs. 7,54,689 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ertiga-bs6.jpg

The Ertiga is available with a BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104 BHP and 138 Nm of torque and is paired with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.

The MPV is also offered with a 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 89 BHP and 200 Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 94 BHP and 225 Nm of peak torque.

Earlier this month, Maruti also introduced a CNG variant, which is priced at Rs. 8.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

LXi - Rs. 7,54,689

VXi - Rs. 8,26,689

ZXi - Rs. 9,09,689

VXi AT - Rs. 9,28,689

ZXi+ - Rs. 960,689

ZXi AT - Rs. 10,05,689

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 17:55   #252
Senior - BHPian

Re: BS-VI compliant Maruti Ertiga petrol launched at Rs. 7.55 lakh

ZXi AT is poor pricing IMHO. They could have kept it under 10 lakhs saving road tax for buyers. For 5K increase in price buyers will have to pay a lot more on road
AkMar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:00   #253
BHPian

Can those Ertigas bought at launch also be made bs6 compliant? Or is this a completely different configuration?
Old 2nd August 2019, 11:23   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Can those Ertigas bought at launch also be made bs6 compliant? Or is this a completely different configuration?
"Can?" - In theory of course yes. Its not impossible at all.

"Will anyone do it for a customer's car?" - mostly not. The workshops won't have standard operating instruction manuals for such a modification & the mechanics and service advisors don't do anything outside their prescribed procedures and trainings.

So if this needs to be done - you'd have to have contacts at MSIL plants who would help you get it done from their "experts".
Old 14th August 2019, 07:16   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3 diesel discontinued

The MPV is now available with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options only.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the only diesel engine on offer now is the new 95hp, 1.5-litre unit that’s paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. However, this engine will also be discontinued by April 1, 2020 when the BS6 emission norms kick in.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th August 2019 at 07:18.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks