Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2023, 21:46   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Folks, the Auto start-stop indicator on the console started to blink in my 2019 Eritga (ZX AT). The car was running fine with the smart hybrid working fine and I switched off the car for about 10 mins and then restarted it started blinking continuously. The hybrid battery shows full charge, but the car does not switch off when coming to a halt. It also does not show the charging symbol when braking. But the car works fine without any other issues.

Any idea what this could be?
Old 6th November 2023, 14:39   #572
BHPian

Got the faux wood interior styling kit fitted. It breaks the beige monotony and gives a premium feel to the door trims & rear armrest. MGA seat covers are still out of stock
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-137be7d848164f459e2de5bb9c16c4f2.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-590a403c08d04939b262ca32040d2bbd.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:04   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Noticed 1 tyre completely worn out, rear left tyre. odo is about 31k. Rest 3 seems to have lot of thread.
After 2 days of diagnosis, SA has confirmed that Toe is out and they are sending the readings and will wait for next activity.
I remember reading a post from Leoshashi about Axle replacement but manager says there is no such circular.
Attachment 2525616

Attachment 2525617

Attachment 2525618

Attachment 2525619
Update to the single tyre wear issue.
Thanks to Leoshashi post, I could discuss the possibility of axle issue. Alignment reading were taken, same was sent to approvals. Sure enough it was approved after 2 days. Report below
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20231123wa0004.jpg
Rear axle was procured within 2 days and replaced within half a day.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20231122wa0002.jpg
New axle
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20231122wa0001.jpg
Happy with how it was handled,
Thanks to SA at Mandovi, everyday I was communicated on the progress.
Below report after axle was replaced.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20231123wa0005.jpg

Now I am not sure how to read the alignment report. Request experts here for review.
Have to replace the damaged tyre, thinking of replacing with the Stepney and observe the wear and tear.
Zen_forever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:23   #574
BHPian

Hello Ertiga Owners and Fellow Bhpians,

On my 2019 Ertiga Zdi+ driven for 25,000+ kms, from the last 2 months am observing that whenever the AC is used in 'Recirculating' mode, there is a whistling sound which increases as the blower speed is increased. However, there is no sound from the AC when used in normal [i.e. NON-recirculating] mode. Please note, though there is the whistling sound in Recirculating mode, there is NO adverse effect in cooling. It is just that we cant tolerate the sound.
Has anyone faced this issue with their Ertiga? If yes, what was the resolution? If no one has faced this issue also, please help me with probable issues.

Thank you in advance.
Old 27th November 2023, 20:38   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Noticed 1 tyre completely worn out, rear left tyre. odo is about 31k. Rest 3 seems to have lot of thread.
Quote:
Update to the single tyre wear issue.
Thanks to Leoshashi post, I could discuss the possibility of axle issue. Alignment reading were taken, same was sent to approvals. Sure enough it was approved after 2 days. Report below.
This takes me many years back, to my Maruti Omni days - which had an identical issue and the rear rigid axle with differential was changed on it eventually. HOWEVER - I saw the issue persisted afterwards. Then a while later - I realized I used to drive that car (quite fast!) always alone. I.e. with my entire weight squarely literally on the front right strut. I'm quite sure the car used to get pressed down on that corner, thereby causing the left rear to experience lesser load by a tiny bit. But - enough to cause more wear on the outer edge of that wheel. At least that was my assessment.

I'm not saying that would be the case with your car of course - mine was a car with a rigid axle and leaf springs at the rear, and absolutely no weight / weight distribution to the rear at all .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 22:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Hello Ertiga Owners and Fellow Bhpians,

On my 2019 Ertiga Zdi+ driven for 25,000+ kms, from the last 2 months

Thank you in advance.
@DiMaGo this may be because of leaves from Trees that have clogged up in the internals. Try and avoid Parking under Trees, as far as possible. I know this difficult particularly if you are from Namma Bengaluru.

Discuss with your SA and ask for solutions. This same problem for our 2019 Ertiga Zxi+ was solved during at Nexus Motors.
KHegde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 19:54   #577
BANNED

Can someone guide me if ertiga automatic is a worthy buy if maximum travel is on highway and hills. Reason for buying is comfort of my senior citizen parents who find the bench seat of ertiga comfier than xl6 captain seats? How does the 6 speed tc perform?
Old 3rd December 2023, 22:03   #578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This takes me many years back, to my Maruti Omni days - which had an identical issue and the rear rigid axle with differential was changed on it eventually. .
Thank you for sharing your experience, in my case all long drives are atleast with 4 people on onboard. Traveling to Tirupati tomorrow, this is the 1st drive after the axle replacement, will keep an eye on the rear tyre wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Could be a with out belt or something deeper like water pump. I had to replace both (under warranty) in my car but still having faint noise and vibrations while idling
Not sure, sound still persists. Have taken at 2 different service center and both were dismissive about the noise saying it is normal for 30k run car. Sound is heard during idling and irks me.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd December 2023 at 22:21. Reason: Back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts
Old 4th December 2023, 12:08   #579
BHPian

Has anyone ever used 0W-20 grade engine oil in their K15C Ertiga?

I had a service appointment at MASS for my 2022 Ertiga's 3rd free service today. As the service advisor was preparing the job card, I enquired which grade oil they are going to use. He replied that they use 0W-20. When I told him that mine is K15C engine, and it is specifically mentioned in the owner's manual to use 0W-16 oil only, he replied that they don't use 0W-16 oil, but 0W-20 oil is also just fine, and they are using this oil for all the newer engines. I was not convinced and felt uncomfortable. I said that I prefer 0W-16 oil only, but he replied that they don't have it with them. So I cancelled the service appointment and came back.

Is this the normal practice in all other Maruti service centres? Do they all use 0W-20 oil instead of 0W-16? Then what is the purpose of Maruti mentioning it as 0W-16 in the owner's manual? There would be a specific reason that Maruti switched from the older 0W-20 oil that was used for old Baleno, Swift etc, to the newer 0W-16 oil for their newer Engines. I don't know why the service centres are taking things in such a silly way, and forcing all owners to use 0W-20 only, and not even giving them an option to choose the recommended newer grade.

Those of you, who have done oil change for their new Ertigas from the Authorised Service centres, can you please share your experiences, so that I can decide whether it is alright go ahead with 0W-20 oil, or get the 0W-16 oil itself.
Old 4th December 2023, 17:12   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Folks, the Auto start-stop indicator on the console started to blink in my 2019 Eritga (ZX AT). The car was running fine with the smart hybrid working fine and I switched off the car for about 10 mins and then restarted it started blinking continuously. The hybrid battery shows full charge, but the car does not switch off when coming to a halt. It also does not show the charging symbol when braking. But the car works fine without any other issues.

Any idea what this could be?
Hope your issue with Auto start-stop indicator resolved. I have faced the same issue last week, where suddenly Auto start-stop indicator started blinking and Auto Stop no longer working. When I called my service advisor, he mentioned it may come on if the Lead Acid battery is due for replacement. Initially I did not believe the same because, I thought start/stop functionality solely depends on Lithium ion battery under the seat, however, when I looked in to Owners Manual, it has mentioned the following in case of blinking Auto Stop light:
• There may be something wrong with the ENG A-STOP system or the SHVS system.
• An engine component (ISG) or the lead-acid battery is due for replacement.

Yesterday I replaced the lead acid battery at service center, and now the Engine start stop system works fine.
sreejithkk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:36   #581
BHPian

Guys, one of my friends is planning to buy Ertiga ZXI and booked it. But SA informed that ZXI will take time for delivery and ZXI PLUS is available in stock which costs 85K extra.

Is it worth to go for ZXI PLUS paying 85K extra?
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 23:00   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlover View Post
How does the 6 speed tc perform?
Been driving zxi+ AT for past 3 months. 6 speed tc is lethargic. Power is NOT on tap. You have to really floor the accelerator to get a quick boost of speed. But if you're a relaxed driver who's not in a hurry to go anywhere, you should be fine. No lack of power when climbing hills.
jbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 23:23   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Is it worth to go for ZXI PLUS paying 85K extra?
This is what you get extra in zxi+ - 4 airbags (instead of 2), rear camera, turn-by-turn NAV on MID, wireless android auto, Arkamys sound, auto-retractable ORVMs and leather-wrapped steering.
I thought it was worth the extra money.
jbourne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 23:17   #584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Been driving zxi+ AT for past 3 months. 6 speed tc is lethargic. Power is NOT on tap. You have to really floor the accelerator to get a quick boost of speed. But if you're a relaxed driver who's not in a hurry to go anywhere, you should be fine. No lack of power when climbing hills.
I am a relaxed driver, but coming from a manual after 15+years, a bit hesitant to shift to a torque converter. During test drives i felt i have to use paddle shifters to down shift and keep the car in full control during downhill drives.
What do u suggest.. Stick to manual or shift to an automatic?
Usually long weekend drives and atleast 1 road trip every month specifically from plains of punjab to Himachal/Uttarakhand /j&k.
mountainlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 19:02   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlover View Post
What do u suggest.. Stick to manual or shift to an automatic?
It's a trade-off between the convenience of an automatic and the engaging and "in control" feel of the manual. If you aren't tired of manual, by all means go for it. I for one was sure about the auto this time, especially since it was a TC.
jbourne is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks