Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 20:30   #586
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
It's a trade-off between the convenience of an automatic and the engaging and "in control" feel of the manual. If you aren't tired of manual, by all means go for it. I for one was sure about the auto this time, especially since it was a TC.
I somehow feel that after years of driving a manual, not once has my car rolled back on steep inclines.. Just unsure if the automatic will perform similar since i can't manipulate the clutch,automatic does have the hill hold assist now and so does the manual.. And inching close to 40 years of age, might be the right time for an automatic or may be continue the young side of me for few more years which prefers the manual. But i am the only driver in the family and sometimes the drives are 18 to 20 hours in which the fatigue would reduce with an automatic or i would feel drowsy unsure on that aspect
Old 13th December 2023, 17:10   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
This is what you get extra in zxi+ - 4 airbags (instead of 2), rear camera, turn-by-turn NAV on MID, wireless android auto, Arkamys sound, auto-retractable ORVMs and leather-wrapped steering.
I thought it was worth the extra money.
You missed Cruise Control. Good to have if driving is mostly on highways/expressways
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 01:27   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Has anyone ever used 0W-20 grade engine oil in their K15C Ertiga?
Have used 0w20 in K15C , Cannot go in details but it is absolutely fine. No worry 100%.
Old 15th December 2023, 13:41   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Have used 0w20 in K15C , Cannot go in details but it is absolutely fine. No worry 100%.
It's ok. But since I was unsure about 0W-20, to be on the safe side, I followed the owner's manual and bought Maruti Genuine ECSTAR 0W-16 oil (Castrol 3.5L) from the nearby Authorised MGP store, and changed the oil and filter myself as a DIY last week.

A big Thanks to LeoShashi for guiding me with the part number of the correct oil filter, instead of the usual wrong filter that most of the Maruti Service Centers install on K15 engines saying that it is a direct replacement for the original part number, which is not really the case.
Upon his guidance, I could return the incorrect part and place an order for the correct part, and get it delivered a few days later.
Old 15th December 2023, 23:36   #590
BHPian

As long as i am within tolerance limit, i dont mind. 0w20 is within tolerance.
It not like engine will get damaged.

Regarding filter, yes, i know. K15C has different filter. That filter is not easily available sometimes, so I just use K15B filter. Cut open the filter and let us know if you find any difference!
Old 16th December 2023, 22:39   #591
BHPian

Quote:
As long as i am within tolerance limit, i dont mind. 0w20 is within tolerance.
It not like engine will get damaged.
I didn't mention anywhere that engine will get damaged.
It is just a matter of comfortability and peace of mind. That's all.
When the first recommended grade itself was available, I felt that grade itself should be used, instead of another grade.
If that was not available anywhere, I would have definitely gone for 0W-20 itself.
Different people have different priorities when it comes to peace of mind.
So just leave it at that. To each his own.

Quote:
Regarding filter, yes, i know. K15C has different filter. That filter is not easily available sometimes, so I just use K15B filter. Cut open the filter and let us know if you find any difference!

That is not what I mentioned in my post.
I think you got it totally wrong.
I was not talking about K15B's filter Vs K15C's filter.
I request you to please read my post carefully before jumping into assumptions.

What I mentioned was regarding a filter that is not meant for K15 engines at all, be it K15B or K15C.
This filter is meant for older Maruti cars like Zen, 1st Gen Alto, 1st Gen Wagon R, Versa etc.
The size and shape is exactly like that of K15B/K15C Engine's filter.
The part number of this filter is also exactly like the part number of my K15C ertiga, except for a single digit in the end.
So almost all Maruti Service Centres use this filter interchangeably with K15's original filter.

This seems to be harmless and reasonable at first sight, and even I thought the same when the MGP parts dealer gave me this filter instead of the original part number that I asked.
But that is not as harmless as it appears to be.
Even though the dealer said that this filter can be used interchangeably with the original K15 filter, I was a bit doubtful, and so I asked our Maruti Parts Expert Leoshashi whether this is true.
He said that it is not the case. He strongly objected using that filter in my Ertiga and asked me to immediately return it and get the correct filter.

He said that this is a very widespread practice followed by majority of Maruti Service Centers across the country.
I confirmed this by checking my friend's 3rd free service bill for his 2022 Brezza.
He also got the wrong filter installed, by another Maruti Service Center.

The reason that LeoShashi said for opposing this filter is that this filter has got only 6 holes, whereas K15 filter has 8 holes.
So even though the filters are very identical, they differ in this major aspect.
He said that this issue has already been discussed by him in various threads, where some Baleno owners reported about drop in performance after using this wrong filter.
He also clarified that he had communicated with Maruti regrading the scope of interchangeability of these filters, and Maruti had replied that they are not interchangeable.

So after getting this much information from him, I promptly returned that filter, and asked for the correct filter.
But guess what, that correct filter was not in stock anywhere!
I had to place an order and get it delivered after a few days.

So this what I meant, when I said that I am grateful to Leoshashi for guiding me with the correct information.

And finally, as you said, I don't need to cut open any filter to find the difference.
The difference is too obvious, in the number of holes itself, as I mentioned above.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 01:14   #592
BHPian

Didnt read your entire post, it is too long for me, but if someone was using WagonR filter on a K15, then they should shut down their workshop.
Quote:
Has anyone ever used 0W-20 grade engine oil in their K15C Ertiga?
You asked a question and I have answered. No further discussion required.
Old 17th December 2023, 06:34   #593
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't mention anywhere that engine will get damaged.
It is just a matter of comfortability and peace of mind

That is not what I mentioned in my post.
I think you got it totally wrong.
I was not talking about K15B's filter Vs K15C's filter.
I request you to please read my post carefully before jumping into assumptions.

What I mentioned was regarding a filter that is not meant for K15 engines at all, be it K15B or K15C.
This filter is meant for older Maruti cars like Zen, 1st Gen Alto, 1st Gen Wagon R, Versa etc.
The size and shape is exactly like that of K15B/K15C Engine's filter.
The part number of this filter is also exactly like the part number of my K15C ertiga, except for a single digit in the end.
So almost all Maruti Service Centres use this filter interchangeably with K15's original filter.
You mentioned 'to be on safe side' in your post. A person reading your post 'carefully' would assume that you fear engine damage. For convinience of others, you could have written 'to have peace of mind'.

Regarding your query, the oils are interchangeable and the filters are also interchangeable. There will be no damage, no loss of peace of mind. Trust the service centers. Maruti knows which parts are going in which car. You can mail them and get free replacement of both the oil and the filter if they agree.

While parking my car, I saw a small pebble stuck in the tyre grooves. I can lose my sleep and worry about damage it may have already done or will do on my next drive, or I can ignore it and never think about it again.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 17th December 2023 at 06:36.
Old 17th December 2023, 11:41   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Didnt read your entire post, it is too long for me, but if someone was using WagonR filter on a K15, then they should shut down their workshop.
You asked a question and I have answered. No further discussion required.
No issues. That is exactly what you did for my previous post too.
Answered without reading the full post.
So I don't think there is any further need to continue this discussion, because you won't read this post too.

If you had read my post, you could have understood the reply that you gave about the filter had nothing to do with my context.
But never mind. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing, and I have no time for that.
It just doesn't make any difference to me that you did not read my post, because it was a bit long.

I don't know who should shut their shops or keep it open, but I just know this much that the above interchange of parts is happening regularly on a daily basis.

Even I was unaware of this, until LeoShashi brought this to my knowledge.
I also could argue just for the sake of argument that such a thing won't happen.
But I did a simple fact check, and understood myself that what he said was correct.

It's one's personal choice to accept the facts, or be ignorant of that.
So let us continue with our own perspectives and facts, and end this discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post

Regarding your query, the oils are interchangeable and the filters are also interchangeable. There will be no damage, no loss of peace of mind. Trust the service centers. Maruti knows which parts are going in which car. You can mail them and get free replacement of both the oil and the filter if they agree.
Even I also was of this wrong notion that most of the filters are interchangeable.
Until someone more knowledgeable corrected me.
Please see the below quoted post by LeoShashi to understand what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
No, 68K00 is interchangeable with 68K20 only, not 68K10.

There have been cases where people in Baleno forums have complained of reduced engine performance when 68K10 is installed. People have escalated to MSIL and Maruti have got them replaced with correct filter. So even MSIL acknowledges they aren't replaceable.

Secondly, being a bit more technical, ROOT Part Number of both aren't same and hence not replaceable properly. 68K00 and 68K20 have same ROOT Part number and are same.

Please return 68K10 and get 68K00 or K20.
He had mentioned specifically that these 2 filters are not officially approved to be interchangeable.
But yes, they are identical in shape and size and so technically interchangeable, and that is exactly what the service centers are doing.
I just followed Shashi's advice.That's all.

'Maruti may know which parts go into which cars', but not all Service Centers care about that.
This is what Shashi tried to explain to me in that post.
And that is what I tried to convey in my previous post too.
And I wonder, what this has to do with the pebble-stuck-to-the-tyre analogy of yours.

And yes, regarding the mail to Maruti that you mentioned to get free replacement, it has already happened, according to LeoShashi's post.
I don't need it anyway, because I got the correct part itself.

Anyways, I just tried to share this information that I got from LeoShashi with our fellow Ertiga owners.

You are free to ignore it if you feel it is not relevant.
Old 21st December 2023, 20:46   #595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMM View Post
I am using this car since Nov 2022. Worst FE I got so far in mostly city driving is 13Km/L Only 1st service is completed as of now. I think having 6 speed AT is good to get better FE particularly at cruising speeds
Taking delivery for my Ertiga zxi+ AT next month. Can you please let me know how is the performance om highways n hills? During test drives I felt the need to downshift from paddle shifters while coming downhill. Will it be a good performer in the long run since I intend to keep the car for 10 odd years hopefully. So will AT be a good choice of I should opt for manual?

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2023 at 08:36. Reason: u = you. No SMS language / casual typing please. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2023, 14:39   #596

I cant comment on zxi+ 6AT performance in hills. I saw some feedback here that 6AT performed very well in such terrain. But I can say that this car with cruise control is very good on highway as long as you are a relaxed driver cruising between 80-100Kmph.
Just completed 1 year and so far I am very happy with this car. Absolutely no niggles in past 1 year.
Old 30th December 2023, 16:14   #597

Few days back, I locked my car and was standing 10meters away from it. I got a horror message on my Suzuki Connect app that my car is stolen as an intrusion alert !!

Has anyone got such false alarm from Suzuki Connect ? Imagine what would have happened to my blood pressure if I was not near the car and got this message ! I wonder if these technologies are made foolproof.
Old 30th December 2023, 18:06   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cant comment on zxi+ 6AT performance in hills. I saw some feedback here that 6AT performed very well in such terrain. But I can say that this car with cruise control is very good on highway as long as you are a relaxed driver cruising between 80-100Kmph.
Just completed 1 year and so far I am very happy with this car. Absolutely no niggles in past 1 year.
AT and ghats don't mix well, I tried Creta in some ghats and that was really annoying even after switching to manual. I have driven my first car with CVT back in 2003 but later never bought any automatic. True driving fun is with MT according to me and will stick with it until my left knee gives up
For highways AT or MT really doesn't matter, what matters is the light foot.
Old 5th January 2024, 12:53   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Few days back, I locked my car and was standing 10meters away from it. I got a horror message on my Suzuki Connect app that my car is stolen as an intrusion alert !!

Has anyone got such false alarm from Suzuki Connect ? Imagine what would have happened to my blood pressure if I was not near the car and got this message ! I wonder if these technologies are made foolproof.
Yes, the theft alert triggers if the car moves after the "key fob not detected" warning is displayed in the MID. Also, if the shock/vibration sensitivity is set to the higher values, even closing a door forcefully (ex. boot) or bursting firecrackers or thunder (Thunderstorm immobilizes my Ertiga, puts engine in limp mode) can trigger the alert.
Old 5th February 2024, 14:05   #600
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rajivtelang;5689307]AT and ghats don't mix well, I tried Creta in some ghats and that was really annoying even after switching to manual. I have driven my first car with CVT back in 2003 but later never bought any automatic. ]

Driving an automatic car in hills offers a hassle-free and enjoyable experience, especially in an AT torque converter equipped with paddle shifters. It is very easy to handle, particularly on steep inclines, descents, or tricky hairpin turns. I am not very sure how CVTs handle hilly terrain, but torque converters does the job very well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks