Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 19:13   #481
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Can you please share a photo of how it is installed on the boot door slot?
Which is a better model? The one which comes with ZXI+ or the MGA one? Does it come with harness as well?
I've installed Blackpunkt reverse camera aftermarket which comes with wiring harness.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-videocapture_20220819190643.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220819_182343.jpg  

yoscenario2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:33   #482
BHPian

Princess Size Bed For Ertiga !!!!

Hi All

I am herewith updating a modification of Princess size bed for Ertiga. This was done by our Ertiga WhatsApp group member. I thought it is worth to share over here for DYI enthusiastic of our forum.

WhatsApp Forum Name : ErtigaOwnersClub_INDIA.
DYI Updated Member Name : Mr. Abhimanyu Gupta
City : Bhopal, MP.

This modification will not affect the boot luggage Space. This modification is fully customized and can be fitted back to boot, in case all the seats are required. Let the pics narrate the story father !!

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-1.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-3.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-4.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-5.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-6.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-7.jpeg

Mr. Abhimanyu Used the below materials for this modification.
Total 3 Layers
1. 8 MM Ply board
2. Base Layer foam thick ness 1 inch
3. Upper Layer foam thickness 1 inch

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-8.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-9.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-10.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-11.jpeg

Thank you.

Last edited by RavyaLe : 24th August 2022 at 13:51. Reason: deleted the repeated pics.
RavyaLe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:46   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
Princess Size Bed For Ertiga !!!!

Hi All

I am herewith updating a modification of Princess size bed for Ertiga. This was done by our Ertiga WhatsApp group member. I thought it is worth to share over here for DYI enthusiastic of our forum.

WhatsApp Forum Name : ErtigaOwnersClub_INDIA.
Nice DIY.

Is it possible to join this forum if any ertiga owner desires? If yes, can you please PM?
Old 24th August 2022, 17:28   #484
BHPian

Hi
You can join this group by sending your request to Group Admin, 9952240777
Old 24th August 2022, 18:34   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
Hi
You can join this group by sending your request to Group Admin, 9952240777
If the bed is to be used when car is parked it makes complete sense. Rather it will be very good for kids. If somebody sleeps flat in a running car it is very dangerous. This is the exact reason why we use seat belts to get tied with the seat in case some unfortunate accident happens. Just FYI.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 15:25   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
If the bed is to be used when the car is parked it makes complete sense.
True, completely agree with you. This is very much useful for camping or on long drives. If we can modify it like this, hotel bookings can be avoided for a small nap. We can park at safer places like fuel stations and sleep for a while and proceed to the next destination.
Old 1st September 2022, 15:20   #487
Senior - BHPian

Why I love Maruti again and again - My Ertiga story

This is my short review of my Ertiga which I bought 1 year ago. This is not going to be a long review with all details and loads of photos as we already have T-BHP review for that. I am going to focus on short and crisp review along with why I love Maruti cars and buy them again and again.

This is my 3rd new Maruti in last 12 years. First was Dzire Vxi which I bought in June 2009, it's still in family with more than 75K kms and running absolutely fine. In October 2016 I got Ertiga Vdi (1 gen but new model). After using it for more than 4.5 years & 51K kms, I sold it last year for great deal to Cars24. I had bought it for 9.8 Lakhs OTR and when I sold it after 4.5 years, it was due for tire change, battery change, wiper change & couple of small things. Please note that it was running absolutely fine and had no issues. I never spent more than 7-8 K per year (around 30 K max I spent on service bills in 4.5 years) on that and used to get great mileage with diesel motor. I was expecting around 6.5 Lakhs but Cars24 offered me 7.5 Lakhs. I was very much surprised and happily gave it. I was very happy with it but sold it for some personal reason.

After 4 months I was looking for new car & checked cars like Honda City, Creta, Seltos, Innova, Harrier, Safari etc. City was good but quite low and mainly has capacity of 4+1 people. Frankly I didn't like 5th gen much and I find 4th gen better, strictly my personal view so don't jump on me. New Creta looks I didn't like at all, Hyundai designs are crazy for last few years for sure. Again my personal opinion. Seltos was good but I found it to be costly for what it offers for that kind of money. I was not interested in Nexon, Brezza, Kiger, Sonet, etc. after using Ertiga which is very spacious car for 5 people & carry more in case of need for short distances. I liked Safari and Harrier both but price was 23+ lakhs for the models I was looking for. Safari is good but not a proper 7 seater after giving so much money. So we kept it on hold.

I also checked Innova. Test drive was done and it was good. When asked about prices, I was blown away completely as base diesel model was 23 Lakhs, mid model for 27 Lakhs and top end was almost 30 Lakhs for manual OTR. Also with all rows up, there is no space for luggage. Plus when you drive Innova, you get feeling that you are driving MPV and not car. Gear lever shakes like old Jeeps when you start the car which is very surprising. Its little big for city use as well and has cab image too.

So I was not going anywhere for new car. I always wanted car to be flexible for my needs. Checked new Ertiga with 2 dealers in Pune. Test drove from both dealers and was very surprised with the super smooth engine and very good suspension. Price was 11.5 Lakhs on road for top end which is around 45% of Innova mid variant and less than 40% of top variant. It does 90% of the things which Innova can do for you and do some things better than Innova. I checked for delivery and everyone told me minimum waiting of 3-4 months for top model. Fortunately I checked with Sehgal Motors and they were having one extra car delivered just in time. Fortunately it was top end model and in Grey color which I was looking for. I immediately booked car by paying 10 K. Got delivery in just 10 days with all formalities done and car was delivered to me with number plates and Fast tag as well. I bargained well with them and got car for around 11.3 Lakhs on road after negotiating on Insurance and ICICI for loan (Got 3 k additional discount). Also got discount on accessories from MGA like seat covers, spoiler etc.

Now I have used old Ertiga for almost 5 years and using this new one for 1 year. So I am in good position to tell you the differences and what is good or what is bad. To be honest, Maruti has improved this in every aspect and made it better. Earlier one was good but this is better, in fact much better. I will list down point wise -

1. Space - Earlier was tight fit as a 7 seater. This one is much better and they have improved space everywhere. Space for middle row and last row is better now. If you adjust first 2 rows properly, you can actually sit 3 adults (Average height) one behind each other in 3 rows. Last row is much better now and 3 kids or 2 adults can easily fit in for couple of hours. It has better boot too. With all seats up, you can actually fit in 3 small bags. Under tray also you get lots of space to keep it small small things.

2. Suspension - This is vastly improved. Earlier one was average but this one is really good. You hardly feel any potholes or bad road inside. My friend who is user of BMW and Honda CRV also appreciated that this car has very good suspension. That says it all I guess.

3. Engine - My last one was diesel and this one is petrol, so can't compare. But this 1.5 L engine is really good. It's smooth till 3k rpm, gets little noisy after that but nothing to complain. It has sufficient power to carry 5 people + lots of luggage or 7-8 people.

4. Mileage - I was little worried but it's giving very good average. In city I get around 14 kmpl and on highways it easily achieves 19-20 with light foot. With heavy foot, it comes down to 17-18. For 1.5 L engine and 7 seat capacity car I guess this is really good.

5. Build quality - Good. I will say its much better than previous version and car felt nicely built. Obviously it's not competition with Germans or Europeans, but its sufficiently good. No rattling issues at all. It scored 3* safety ratings I guess.

6. Interiors - This is vastly improved. It's simple yet very elegant. Whoever sat in my car appreciates it's simple yet pleasing interiors. Beige Grey color combo actually make it feel much much better than black. Wooden finish on dashboard looks really classy and gives it rich look.

7. ACC - Till I got this, I was under impression that this is just a marketing gimmick and hardly useful feature. But ACC in this car works like a charm and I am really happy with it. Currently I am setting it to 24 degrees and it cools cabin pretty well. In summers, I set it to 21-22 and it makes car cool quickly. Duel AC makes things better for rear passengers too. No complains at all.

8. Wipers - Really? Yes. Wipers in this new car are really cool and works so silently that you can't hear them at all when they are in use. I just love them. Rear wiper also works well and easy to use. Could have been little bigger though.

9. Looks - Did I miss this? No. This new model looks much much better than earlier. From front it looks much better and has some SUV like elements which makes it look good. From side it's clearly a MPV style but not bad too. Rear could have been little better actually.

Overall Maruti has done tremendous job over old model and they have improved it in all areas. Till now I have not faced a single issue in last 1 year, not even a small one.

I just love flexibility this car offers. It's way too flexible for family needs.

My use cases:

1. 4 people - Me, wife and 2 kids + lots of luggage. Extremely comfortable. Kids open up hand rest in rear seat and enjoy a lot. Lots of leg space for all.

2. 5 people - Above 4 plus my mom + lots of luggage. Very comfortable. No one is complaining.

3. 6 people + Luggage - 5 Adults + 1 kid & luggage is also quite comfortable. Fold down 1 seat from 3rd row to make space for luggage and you get enough space to carry luggage for 6 people for 5-6 days easily. We have done Goa trip like this (1100 kms) with good comfort.

4. My family of 5 + wife's parents - 7 people on board, kids sit on 3rd row. Easily doable for city use for 30-40 mins and saves you from taking another car or 2 wheeler.

5. 8 people including 3 kids is also done few times in relatively good comfort. As I said before, you have to adjust seats properly, that's it.

6. 4-5 people + Airport luggage - With 4-5 people on board and 3rd row folded, you can carry loads of luggage. You can carry 4 big ones along with 4 small ones.

Maintenance costs - Till now I have done with first 3 services and one will be shocked to see the costs. First 2 service were absolutely free and actually bill was 0. Pick up and drop was also free. 3rd service was done recently and oil change, filter change & top ups done for other oils along with other things like tire rotation, multiple checks, cleaning etc. I was expecting bill of around 5 k but bill was only 1570 Rs. I was shocked and super happy at the same time, Really happy with my decision to buy Maruti again, and again !!

When Maruti launched Ertiga they gave it name, "LUV". For me it is "FUV". Here "F" stands for Flexible, Family and Fun. Its really a flexible, true family car and fun driving it. I am just loving it.

Last edited by aniketi : 1st September 2022 at 15:24.
aniketi is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 17:34   #488
BHPian

Re: Why I love Maruti again and again - My Ertiga story

Hi Aniketi, exact reasons why I stayed with Maruti. Sold my 9 year old Ertiga ZXI for 5.4L and shifted to Next instead of Arena. Purchased XL6. Even I was surprised by the resale value. Very VFM
Blr_RK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 19:39   #489
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why I love Maruti again and again - My Ertiga story

Adding few pictures now.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20220901wa0009.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20220901wa0013.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20220901wa0014.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20220901wa0008.jpg  

Last edited by aniketi : 1st September 2022 at 19:41.
aniketi is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:53   #490
BANNED

Can someone please confirm if the 2nd row on the VXi has a separate AC unit or it's basically one unit with the 2nd row being served with vents, torn between the VXi and the LXi.

On the infotainment system, does it offer touch Apple car play and Android auto ? The VXi.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 6th September 2022, 20:10   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Can someone please confirm if the 2nd row on the VXi has a separate AC unit or it's basically one unit with the 2nd row being served with vents, torn between the VXi and the LXi.

On the infotainment system, does it offer touch Apple car play and Android auto ? The VXi.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regarding 2nd row AC unit of ertiga:

I never got a firm answer from different SA's at Maruti. Some said it's a proper AC unit and some said it's just a blower.

But one of our esteemed members, "LeoShashi" has mentioned in his XL6 ownership review that for XL6, there is proper 2nd row AC unit.

Link to the post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4870046 (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)

I'm not sure if it's the same for ertiga as well.

Regarding infotainment system:

VXI does not have full touch screen with Apple car play & Android Auto support. It's available with ZXI & ZXI+.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 14:15   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Ertiga gets a price hike with added features as per this article. But there is no clarity regarding the presence of features in the manual variant.

Edit - It does get hill hold and ESP in all variants, manual as well as automatic.

Attachment 2338075

Attachment 2338076
In Maruti Suzuki Ertiga website (https://www.marutisuzuki.com/ertiga) ESP and Hillhold are displayed only for ZXI+ MT variant. Other MT variants do not show these two features.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ertigavximt.png

Last edited by mohan41 : 9th October 2022 at 14:24.
Old 9th October 2022, 23:01   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
R
VXI does not have full touch screen with Apple car play & Android Auto support. It's available with ZXI & ZXI+.
Even ZXI doesn't have full touch screen unit. Only ZXI+ has it. Atleast that's how it is for Ertiga AT.
Old 10th October 2022, 12:58   #494
RRU
BHPian

Maruti (MSIL) actually added Hill Hold and ESP as standard across Ertiga variants in July 2022. Please refer link below:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr

Also, both ZXI and ZXI+ have 7 inch SmartPlay touch screen infotainment system with android and apple carplay - only difference between ZXI and ZXI+ is SmartPlay and Smartplay pro.
RRU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:05   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRU View Post
Maruti (MSIL) actually added Hill Hold and ESP as standard across Ertiga variants in July 2022. Please refer link below:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr

Also, both ZXI and ZXI+ have 7 inch SmartPlay touch screen infotainment system with android and apple carplay - only difference between ZXI and ZXI+ is SmartPlay and Smartplay pro.
Yes.

I've seen ESP & HHA incorporated even in VXI as well, after I took delivery in July 2022. These features were not included in June manufactured vehicles till then. I missed these two very important features in my vehicle which had mere increase of 6k only in ex showroom price.

Regarding infotainment system, my ZXI 2022 has Smartplay Studio.
Attached Images

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 10th October 2022 at 15:16.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks