Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 11:59   #466
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Hi all,
Recently, in last few months I came across this error while I was stationary. The SA or the works manager is not giving a convincing response. Does anyone know what this issue is and is it serious to be fixed immediately? Mine is AT Ertiga Petrol and has run around 14k kms in last 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-mvimg_20220511_110909.jpg  

Old 14th May 2022, 19:00   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Has anyone fitted GoFar Roof carrier on their 2018 Ertiga? Please share feedback on whether it is worth the money. It is quoted at 22500/- by authorised dealer of M-Tek in Bangalore. Is there any alternatives which you can suggest?
Perhaps the price is debatable but if you go for it make sure you get its entry on RC. You might be stopped by cops and RC will be inspected for its entry. Something similar happened in family and a handsome fine was collected from my relative for not having an entry for a carrier. Interestingly that carrier was put 6 years ago and was in use since then. It is just a bad luck. But in any case make it legal.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 17:37   #468
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I have booked an Ertiga Zxi and I am waiting for the car to be allotted.
I had a question regarding fitting a rear camera for Zxi. The Zxi+ variant comes with it but not the Zxi model.

Is the Zxi+ camera different from the regular MGA camera?

Can we fix the Zxi+ camera in Zxi?

When I enquired with the car dealer, they are saying they can fix a regular MGA camera in the center of the rear bumper. Is there a better solution - like fixing the Zxi+ camera onto the Zxi model at the same boot-door-slot.
Old 29th May 2022, 18:02   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
...make sure you get its entry on RC. You might be stopped by cops and RC will be inspected for its entry.
Hi Rajiv, do you know what's the process in Bangalore for making this entry in the RC? I own a 2019 Ertiga and was planning to get a roof carrier for those loaded long trips. Is this something that can be done online?
Old 29th May 2022, 18:43   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Hi Rajiv, do you know what's the process in Bangalore for making this entry in the RC? I own a 2019 Ertiga and was planning to get a roof carrier for those loaded long trips. Is this something that can be done online?
I am not very sure. Please check with a good driving school if they can help. I will check with my relative who faced this issue and update you, not sure whether he did anything about it or just relying on luck again until next time
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:15   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post

I had a question regarding fitting a rear camera for Zxi.
Interested to know if you were able to find a solution to this. Ideally this camera should be a good fit for Zxi
Old 25th July 2022, 09:38   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga gets a price hike with added features as per this article. But there is no clarity regarding the presence of features in the manual variant.

Quote:
It is now also offering new features as a standard part of the package across the line-up. These include features like ESP (electronic stability program) and hill hold assist. These features not only improve the safety kit but are also expected to help in achieving better safety ratings if the Ertiga is again subjected to any crash test in the future.
Edit - It does get hill hold and ESP in all variants, manual as well as automatic.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20220725_094155.jpg

Ertiga_Brochure.pdf

Last edited by BoneCollector : 25th July 2022 at 09:44. Reason: Adding confirmed information.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:43   #473
BANNED

It's great to see Maruti updating their lineup with active safety features, inspires much more confidence in people looking to buy their cars.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:56   #474
Senior - BHPian

Need expert advise on this:

My 2019 Ertiga (15,000 km) has this weird sound coming somewhere from the engine bay after the car runs for 10-15 minutes. If I switch it off and let her cool, it will subside for a few minutes and then resurface.

You will need headphones to hear the high pitch 'currrr' sound, similar to dot matrix printer.

The car runs fine, no loss of power or anything. I even did the basic test of spraying water on the belt so see if belt is the issue, but the sound did not go.

P.S: I am starting to get irritated by the number of niggles (though a bit harmless) the Ertiga is having. It started with the replacements of ISG, then the suspension noise (which did not get resolved completely), rear brake noise (not resolved at service center) and now this weird noise starting in third year of ownership. Showed the same video to my SA and he could not identify the sound so asked me to bring the car at the service center.
Old 6th August 2022, 19:29   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

Coming to NVH levels, the engine is silent while idling and acceptably refined at low revs. However, it is audible above 2,000 rpm. You can always hear the motor when you are accelerating. It starts getting loud post 3,500 rpm, and a lot more so after 4,500 rpm. On the highway, wind noise is present and even tyre noise starts earlier than you would expect. In the city as well, exterior sounds are easily heard inside the cabin. We actually thought once or twice that a window has been left open (it wasn't). The cabin's sound insulation is overall poor.
Has cabin sound insulation improved in 2022 Ertiga? According to official review of 2022 XL6, sound insulation is better with the latest XL6. Is it also the case with the latest Ertiga?
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 02:07   #476
BHPian

Can someone please help me by uploading a pdf or sharing a working download link of the Owner's Manual of the current generation Ertiga?

Maruti's official web-page to download the owner's manual leads me to nowhere, and currently there is no way that anyone can download anything from that page.

It seems like there is some serious error on their web-page, and they have not bothered to correct that error for the past so many months.

All other sites which I found by googling, offer the manual of the older 1st Gen Ertiga only, but I am searching for the 2nd Gen Ertiga's manual (i.e, the newer 2018 - present day model, with the K15 Petrol engine).

I had posted this in the owner's manual Pdf thread, but since I didn't get any reply, I thought that I would post it here too, as there is a better chance of getting a reply.

I would be so grateful if someone can upload a pdf of the same.
Old 16th August 2022, 21:09   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Can someone please help me by uploading a pdf or sharing a working download link of the Owner's Manual of the current generation Ertiga?
I am assuming you are asking for the previous gen model (2018 - 2022). Here is the link.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 21:40   #478
BHPian

Is there any option for continuous fuel economy/fuel range display on MID for Ertiga ZXI CNG 2022?

OT: Currently I'm owner of Ertiga ZXI CNG 2022 since a month with odometer over 1100 kms.

To brief about background, I've upgraded from 2011 Wagon R VXI Petrol 65k km driven appx. Only personal city use with occasional highway trips to hometown. But I felt on highway that even my 2011 Wagon R's 1 ltr K10B engine was much smooth, refined, more powerful than this 1.5 ltr K15C ertiga 2022 engine. And I'm mentioning this after driven 500+ kms on Petrol & CNG as well.

I understand power drop in CNG but I was expecting more punch with 1.5 ltr petrol engine.

Is it only me or this is the same experience of any of our fellow members?

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 18th August 2022 at 21:56.
Old 18th August 2022, 22:14   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I had a question regarding fitting a rear camera for Zxi. The Zxi+ variant comes with it but not the Zxi model.

Is the Zxi+ camera different from the regular MGA camera?

Can we fix the Zxi+ camera in Zxi?

When I enquired with the car dealer, they are saying they can fix a regular MGA camera in the center of the rear bumper. Is there a better solution - like fixing the Zxi+ camera onto the Zxi model at the same boot-door-slot.
Yes. It's possible to fix reverse camera on boot door slot. I had received same answer from dealership to drill hole on bumper. But got it fixed on boot door aftermarket.

Hope this helps.

Yes. We all are expecting such little niggles fixes in new thread for ertiga 2022, since we do not have any dedicated official TBhp review for ertiga 2022 facelift & that's surprising.
Old 19th August 2022, 17:16   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Yes. It's possible to fix reverse camera on boot door slot. I had received same answer from dealership to drill hole on bumper. But got it fixed on boot door aftermarket.
Can you please share a photo of how it is installed on the boot door slot?
Which is a better model? The one which comes with ZXI+ or the MGA one? Does it come with harness as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks