Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 12:55   #556
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
The MGA reverse camera is a direct plug and play solution with head unit integration. No wire cutting required. But no guidelines on the display and resolution is not the greatest but it does the job.
The MGA reverse camera cannot be fitted on the boot door, like the ZXi+ camera. It has to be fitted on the rear bumper after drilling a hole.

I'm referring to the reverse camera which comes factory fitted in the ZXi+. If I buy this as a spare (not MGA) part, will it work with the head unit of the ZXi?
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:07   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The MGA reverse camera cannot be fitted on the boot door, like the ZXi+ camera. It has to be fitted on the rear bumper after drilling a hole.

I'm referring to the reverse camera which comes factory fitted in the ZXi+. If I buy this as a spare (not MGA) part, will it work with the head unit of the ZXi?
The smartplay studio HU has compatibility for a reverse camera (MGA). The location og the fitting does not matter.

Check this out: XL6 reverse camera
INstallation video:

In bangalore you can buy it online and ask a local dealer to come install at your home. You should be able to do this in Goa too if you are in the bigger cities like Mapusa, Panjim or Margao.

The other ones comes in 3 colours and has to be screwed on the bumper: Generic MGA camera

Installation video:

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 26th September 2023 at 13:19.
Shrek8421 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:55   #558
BHPian

Last question: is there any Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which integrates with the ZXi's head unit?
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 22:05   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Last question: is there any Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which integrates with the ZXi's head unit?
Not with Smartplay studio. But if you use AA or Carplay then I recommend this: Treel TPMS.

You can refer the 2 threads here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...bluetooth.html (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ms-review.html (Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review)

Order from Kunal Relan. He is an official distributor: 99999 33644. Also choose the rubber valve ones. 2500 for 5.
Shrek8421 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 20:30   #560
BHPian

I took delivery of my Midnight Black Ertiga ZXi (O) today, after just 2 weeks from booking! The SA said it's because I have booked a "Limited Edition" color, MSIL has probably moved me straight to the top of the queue

I will upload photos as soon as I get the body kit + spoiler installed. Both had to be custom ordered in Midnight Black color, and will take 2 weeks to deliver.
hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:14   #561
BHPian

Sorry about the back-to-back posts, but Team-BHP's not allowing me to edit the earlier post after the 30-min window. Just wanted to add that I checked the VIN, and it's September 2023 manufactured
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:54   #562

Where to get details of features of (O) version ? I downloaded product brochure from MSIL website and there is no mention of LXi (O), VXi (O) and ZXi (O) product features in that
Old 13th October 2023, 19:50   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
I've installed Blackpunkt reverse camera aftermarket which comes with wiring harness.
Please share the model number. I'm planning to install the the Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 (Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 Head-Unit Upgrade) audio unit which comes with a free rear view camera. Hopefully, it's the same as yours. I would prefer it installed next to the number plate, if possible.
Old 14th October 2023, 20:09   #564
BHPian

2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Zxi+ Ownership Review

This is a detailed ownership review of our 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Zxi+.

Having completed 4+ Years of Glorious & Cherished Ownership of our Beloved 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Zxi+ in March this Year, I thought now would be the Right Time to discuss about our Ownership of this fabulous Car. The fist thing that impressed me when I took a Test Drive, alongwith Family, of the Vehicle with Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road in December 2018, was the High Seating Position. Coming from low slung Hatch backs & Sedans, this was akin to sitting on Lord Indira’s Airavat. I also noticed that this 2nd Generation Ertiga was a completely New Design, both Interiors and Exteriors from the 1st Generation iteration which I had taken a Test Drive of in December 2012 when we were finalising our Ford Fiesta with Cauvery Ford. It is more spacious, a proper 7 Seater, with a proper Boot, even with all 3 Rows up, a very useful Storage Area beneath the Boot Floor which can also be covered, a nice and powerful Air conditioner that cools the entire Cabin in a few minutes even in the extreme Mangalore/Kundapur heat. This is a fairly long post.

PMS:

Regular Maintenance involving Engine Oil Change, Oil/Air Filter, Cabin Filter Clean/Replace religiously followed and implemented every 10,000 kms. / 1 Year per Maruti specifications. All PMS carried out initially at Mandovi Motors, Wilson Garden, and now Nexus Motors, 80 Feet Road, R.M.V.. The Service Bills have usually been in the Range of `6,000 to `10,000. The Car is currently running on Stock Batteries, stock Bridgestone Tyres and stock Wipers. The In-city mileage in Bengaluru is between 11-14 kmpl and on the Highways, with a full complement of 7 Passengers and Luggage in the Boot it is between 15-19 kmpl at speeds between 90-100 kmph.
Parts Replaced:

a. Faulty ISG Motor replaced under Warranty as per Maruti’s Recall in 2019-20.

b. Faulty ISG/Generator Component replaced under Warranty as per Maruti’s Recall in 2021-22.

c. Rear Bumper replaced after a minor shunt.

After going through so many ownership reviews, I know that pictures speak a thousand words. However, yours truly is “truly” atrocious with the Camera. Therefore, request you to please bear with me and I will upload a few photographs in some time.
KHegde is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 20:45   #565
BHPian

I'm seeing condensation on the roof, just above the rear AC, particularly after long drives. Is this normal, or should I be worried about the roof panel rusting (on the underside) in the long run? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20231017_185035.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 09:02   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing condensation on the roof, just above the rear AC, particularly after long drives. Is this normal, or should I be worried about the roof panel rusting (on the underside) in the long run? Thanks!
Patrao, thanks for bringing this out. I have 2016 Ertiga but never noticed this since most of the times I will be using AC during day and outside heat just evaporates the condensation if any gets deposited, anyways I will try to confirm when possible.
Old 22nd October 2023, 12:45   #567
BHPian

A Quick update to the above post.

The Car returned from its PMS 50 at Nexus Motors, and the Current Odometer Reading is 38,354. The SA asked to keep an eye out on the Battery as the same is 4+ Years old & the Brake Pad has a life of another 5,000 kms. I am planning to change the Battery in March.
Old 1st November 2023, 16:14   #568
BHPian

Guys, I want to install rear dash camera and stick it to the inside of the boot hatch window. Could you please post the picture of your boot lid wiring path. I see there is no plastic trim on inside of the boot lid top part. So don’t know how to take out the cable at the top of the boot lid.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-c7743b498f0b4afcb2df98a3544c1db9.jpeg
Old 1st November 2023, 20:18   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Guys, I want to install rear dash camera and stick it to the inside of the boot hatch window. Could you please post the picture of your boot lid wiring path. I see there is no plastic trim on inside of the boot lid top part. So don’t know how to take out the cable at the top of the boot lid.
Since yours is the pre-facelift Ertiga, I suggest you request in the 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga (Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga) forum
Old 4th November 2023, 14:52   #570

Noticed 1 tyre completely worn out, rear left tyre. odo is about 31k. Rest 3 seems to have lot of thread.
After 2 days of diagnosis, SA has confirmed that Toe is out and they are sending the readings and will wait for next activity.
I remember reading a post from Leoshashi about Axle replacement but manager says there is no such circular.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20231103_103418.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20231103_103412.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20231103_103407.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20231103_103356.jpg
Zen_forever is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks