Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 10:20   #1
BHPian

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Treel (TPMS manufacturing unit in Pune) was acquired by JK tyres in Aug. Now they have launched internal sensors for cars. These have Bluetooth based connection and connect with their dedicated app in your mobile phone.
They come as five sensors. JK Tyres says battery will last 5+ years.

The advantage here is, sensors are not directly attached to the valve stem internally or externally, but rather tied to the rim by steel tie.
They have not mentioned whether WA/WB should be done after the installation.

Here are some pics from their video:

5 sensors provided inthe package:
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100522.jpg

Scan the QR code from app to synchronize and connect the TPMS
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100619.jpg

Steel ties that come in the package
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100558.jpg

App registration (linked with your registered email id)
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100547.jpg

Sensor along with the steel tie along the rim
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100746.jpg

Steel tie to be inserted into the sensor beforehand
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100708__01.jpg

Fitted snugly onto the rim
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20191115100720.jpg

Source:
Torq is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 09:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Thanks for sharing, Torq! Moving your useful post to a new thread.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 10:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks promising. Any idea of the cost? Also saw they have an OBD-based GPS/GSM tracker too. Not seeing any prices anywhere though.
Old 16th November 2019, 11:54   #4
BHPian

This seems to be a good option. It would not interfere with the air filling. While wheel balancing would be good to do, wheel alignment wouldn't be necessary. it would be important to ensure that the sensor is held firmly without moving around since that would change the wheel balance.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 11:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Also saw they have an OBD-based GPS/GSM tracker too. Not seeing any prices anywhere though.
I was quoted 7000₹ for the same. Was unclear about installation costs though.
OBD based GPS trackers seem aplenty in our market esp common with fleet owners. Let me see if i can get some details about the same.
Old 18th November 2019, 12:26   #6
BHPian

I see one problem with this; plus I have a question.

1. Problem:
However tight one would wrap the metal band, it would still move around, causing issues with wheel balance. There's nothing preventing the band from moving around due to slippage of some kind.

2. Question:
Why does the app require any kind of registration and login? What is the need for any online connectivity for this app? All it needs to do is talk to the sensors via bluetooth. What data needs to be stored online and why?

Cheers
tilt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 11:08   #7
BHPian

Anyone got it? I called one of the stores and he quoted 15000 for the same. He had no idea if it was the the gps tracker/obd model or without. He said they can install it though. Need to pay a visit.
Old 9th December 2019, 12:43   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I had also found out about Treel some time back and had mentioned it on this thread. Treel Link (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I see one problem with this; plus I have a question.

1. Problem:
However tight one would wrap the metal band, it would still move around, causing issues with wheel balance. There's nothing preventing the band from moving around due to slippage of some kind.
Well that could be a problem. If the sensor slips, or wire brakes, the sensor will for sure be damaged. But that can be over come by maybe using some kind of foam/padding as an interposition between rim and steel wire.

The sensors mounted on valve are fixed with a small screw which also can fail. But in my use of Sensairy for last nearly 2 and half years, I have not faced any difficulty as yet. Keeping fingers crossed. Similarly, the wire breakage chances would be less.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 13:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I had also found out about Treel some time back and had mentioned it on this thread. Treel Link (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS)

Well that could be a problem. If the sensor slips, or wire brakes, the sensor will for sure be damaged. But that can be over come by maybe using some kind of foam/padding as an interposition between rim and steel wire.

The sensors mounted on valve are fixed with a small screw which also can fail. But in my use of Sensairy for last nearly 2 and half years, I have not faced any difficulty as yet. Keeping fingers crossed. Similarly, the wire breakage chances would be less.
I asked them about slippage and they said the steel wire is wrapped very tightly on the rim ensuring it does not move.

I think wheel balancing might have to be done immediately after installation due to the added weight. After that periodic balancing shouldn’t be a problem IMO.

Last edited by k2max6 : 9th December 2019 at 13:41.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 14:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a college project rather than a professional product.
Why is the sensor so bulky? It should have been a very tiny one. The valve based sensors are really tiny and Bluetooth transmitter chip + Antenna are also very tiny now a days. What have they put in such a huge plastic housing?
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:38   #11
BHPian

Here's a reply from TREEL SUPPORT that I received after almost a month!

Quote:
What is the weight of the sensors?

30 grams

Does it require wheel alignment/balancing after installation?

= No it won't required any balancing as the sensor weight is not more than 23 gms and also sits at geometrical center point of Tyre

Do the sensors rotate around the rims freely inside or are they locked in position? The steel wire lock seemed loose in the video.

= No sensor won't rotate as it is locked around rim using ss belt

What if there is a sudden tyre burst, or what if we run on flat tyre? Will it damage the sensor?

= Sensors are fitted inside rim well, so in Tyre burst condition also sensor won't be damaged

What is the approx cost of the same?

Approx 7500/-

Where can we get it installed?

= It's available in our jk dealers shop.if you want to purchase then you can visit our jk dealers shop near by your city.installtion free of cost

Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Here's a reply from TREEL SUPPORT that I received after almost a month!
When did 30 gms not be over 23gms? IMHO, it would sure need balancing.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 16:22   #13
BHPian

Got treel installed today. The package also has a set of 3m tapes to hold it in place although the metal strap when tightened leaves little room for movement.
The installer also said that once the air fills up , it will put enough pressure on the sensor to not move. Don’t know if thats true.
After installation wheel balancing was done and nitrogen filled.
The air pressure was updating quite fast when the air was being filled.
The psi & temperature were updating with decent frequency on the return journey.
Costed Rs.7400
As per the box battery should last 5 years. The app also shows the battery status.
App registration is required so that multiple devices can be linked to the sensor. Like in my house the same care is driven by my parents , so I have installed the app on both of their phones , whoever drives it will get alerts and can check the status.
Will post feedback after using it for a few days.

Last edited by k2max6 : 11th December 2019 at 16:25.
k2max6 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 17:21   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
2. Question:
Why does the app require any kind of registration and login? What is the need for any online connectivity for this app? All it needs to do is talk to the sensors via bluetooth. What data needs to be stored online and why?
SensAiry also has a similar online connectivity. It's used to backup your sensor details. So if you change/lose your device(Phone/Tab/HUD) then you can simply download the app on your new device and login, the sensor data will be automatically restored. This is a really good feature to have, else you will have to remove all the tyres from rims to access the sensors to re-pair them with the new device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why is the sensor so bulky? It should have been a very tiny one. The valve based sensors are really tiny and Bluetooth transmitter chip + Antenna are also very tiny now a days. What have they put in such a huge plastic housing?
In most probability its for the battery. They would've put bigger cells to make it last longer.

Last edited by Funny : 11th December 2019 at 17:23.
Old 12th December 2019, 18:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Its not as bulky as you say.
Are you referring to an external valve based tpms? I don’t see them fit as one needs to go through some steps every time air is filled. This a no frills option and doesn’t involve the valve in any way.
Sensairy also has decent sized housing , not sure how the size compares though.

No offence , but Can you make a tpms system? I’ll be happy to sponsor it. College project you said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks