Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2023, 14:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS66SPDLSD View Post
Hi, could you share a few details about the installation, did you buy new set of tyres and the tpms system or just the sensors. Could you also please the costs.

I've been trying to find a dealer who can just sell the sensors in Hyderabad but they have been either marked up too high or insist to buy a set of 4 tyres with it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S: Any update on your issue with the malfunctioning sensor.
Hi,
I only bought 4 sensors. I had to pay 5000INR (including installation) for them. I know the price is too high compared to what others have paid here. But other JKtyre dealers were quoting much higher price.

Regarding the issue, I got air filled again and looks like the problem went away after that. It seems that it's showing correct readings now. But this can change later. Thing is, pump readings and sensor readings differ a lot and I'm unsure which one is incorrect.

Personally, I would NOT recommend these. The major issue is there's no way to force update the readings data. We need to open the app and wait. Sometimes it takes forever for the app to display current tyre pressure. It keeps showing data from hours ago.
thugz_doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:12   #92
BHPian

I bought 5 sensors + HUD in Jan 2022.
HUD + 2 sensors have been replaced under warranty since then.
The wheel needs to be balanced every time. The warranty provided is of 5 years, god knows how many times more I'll have to replace these.
I will post a detailed review later.
Old 10th February 2023, 22:28   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS66SPDLSD View Post
Hi, were you able to find a source in Hyderabad and gotten them installed? A friend of mine is looking to get them fixed soon.
Found that dealers in smaller towns charge a lot less for this. Got mine from a dealer in TN (near my hometown) for ₹450 each and got it fixed at a local wheel balancer at a cost of ₹250/ tyre (including balancing and Nitrogen gas). So total cost came to 700.
In Hyderabad the dealers were quoting ₹1150-1350/tyre including installation and ₹850 in Chennai only for the sensors.
anandjm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 18:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandharjc View Post
I bought 5 sensors + HUD in Jan 2022.
HUD + 2 sensors have been replaced under warranty since then.
The wheel needs to be balanced every time. The warranty provided is of 5 years, god knows how many times more I'll have to replace these.
I will post a detailed review later.
Hello,
Can you please share the process for claiming warranty? I'm facing a weird issue where the sensor in left tyre starts showing excess pressure (41+psi) after driving for some time. I understand that air expands while driving but it only happens with the front left tyre.
Old 26th February 2023, 08:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Hi,
Personally, I would NOT recommend these. The major issue is there's no way to force update the readings data. We need to open the app and wait. Sometimes it takes forever for the app to display current tyre pressure. It keeps showing data from hours ago...
I have pressure sensors from Sensairy , it has the same problem. There is no option to refresh the reading at will. Sometimes it takes minutes to couple of hrs to refresh the readings.
Old 6th April 2023, 17:57   #96
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Treel - TPMS app available in Android Auto and Apple Car Play from Feb 27, 2023. Though the UI in Apple Car Play needs improvement. Attaching the pics from Brezza 2019
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_9021.jpg  

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_9020.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2023, 02:15   #97

Thank you for the input here.
Just got my TPMS sensors of JK Treel installed on my car from a local dealer.
Cost for 5 sensors - 4 for Wheels and 1 for Stepney + Wheel Balancing + Nitrogen + Wheel Alignment = Rs. 2200
Dealer: JK Tyre Xpress Wheels, Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Enterprises
I attach the pictures of the installation and final output. Everything works flawlessly and the display on the Android auto is really a treat to watch.
Thank you.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-1.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-2.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-5.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-6.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-8.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-1-9.jpg
envira is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:54   #98
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I fitted the TREEL TPMS on my Honda BR-V sometime last year. 4 out of 5 sensors were working well. The 5th. sensor was giving alarms from Day One! The dealer was very reluctant to change it and kept putting it off. Finally, I got in touch with the Makers in Poona and they replaced it in a week's time. Now all working well.

I also decided to buy a HUD Unit from the makers. Cost : Rs. 2500.00. It is a very neat and compact unit which sits on the dashboard. Gives a clear readout in colour and an audible alarm as well. Has a built in solar powered battery as well as a micro cable for charging if required. Now I don't have to keep my phone on all the time.

The sensors are now being sold for Rs. 1200.00 each in Goa and dealers are refusing to give any discount at all. The OEM are also selling at the same price.

Thanks & Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
I also decided to buy a HUD Unit from the makers. Cost : Rs. 2500.00.
Please share a picture of HUD unit and let us know how to get it.

Thanks.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:30   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Please share a picture of HUD unit and let us know how to get it.

Thanks.
They have the option to buy it online, directly from the website.

Click here
toiingg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 12:21   #101
BHPian

Well, the device indeed is very helpful but I am pretty disappointed by the app and the privacy concerns.
The app needs "precise" location access and though it mentioned that background location is optional, the app doesnt work properly if background location access is not enabled and everytime you open the app, it asks to allow the same.
Further, the Company claims that location access is required to connect to BLE however, I really dont know about this thing.
And, this is what is happeneing in the background:

This is at early morning at 3 AM when I was fast asleep and far away from the car (and the smart tyre) !

Any feedback on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-screenshot_20230502031841.png  

saurabh159 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 14:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Hi,
I only bought 4 sensors. I had to pay 5000INR (including installation) for them. I know the price is too high compared to what others have paid here. But other JKtyre dealers were quoting much higher price.

Regarding the issue, I got air filled again and looks like the problem went away after that. It seems that it's showing correct readings now. But this can change later. Thing is, pump readings and sensor readings differ a lot and I'm unsure which one is incorrect.

Personally, I would NOT recommend these. The major issue is there's no way to force update the readings data. We need to open the app and wait. Sometimes it takes forever for the app to display current tyre pressure. It keeps showing data from hours ago.
Have been using Treel for 3+ years now. No issues at all. Wait for about a min for the reading to update. I have never waited forever to get the updated readings. It takes a minute and few second (5-10 at max). So within the first 90 secs you will get the reading for all tires.
Old 10th May 2023, 16:43   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Well, the device indeed is very helpful but I am pretty disappointed by the app and the privacy concerns.
The app needs "precise" location access and though it mentioned that background location is optional, the app doesnt work properly if background location access is not enabled and everytime you open the app, it asks to allow the same.
Further, the Company claims that location access is required to connect to BLE however, I really dont know about this thing.
And, this is what is happeneing in the background:

This is at early morning at 3 AM when I was fast asleep and far away from the car (and the smart tyre) !

Any feedback on this?

So I raised it to the Treel team and their senior engineer called and told that they are working on this and will soon release new version which doesnt need location access.
Fingers crossed!
saurabh159 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 20:21   #104
BHPian

Thanks for the information! I was in search of TPMS and shortlisted 'J K Treel', unfortunately it was leaking so have to revert back. Mine is a non alloy 16 inch rim I read that it is successful only on alloy wheels! would you let me know what is your tire/wheel profile?
nitin_knw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 00:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_knw View Post
Mine is a non alloy 16 inch rim I read that it is successful only on alloy wheels! would you let me know what is your tire/wheel profile?
So I had got it installed on all 5 wheels, and the spare wheel is a non-alloy. The installer used some sort of riser to install on the non-alloy wheel. Haven't observed any leaks whatsoever on this wheel.

There was a leak on an alloy wheel which required the sensor to be re-installed.
varkey is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks