Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 16:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Questions:

-For these warnings to appear, do you need to fire up the app every time you drive?

-What is the range from the vehicle these sensors transmit to?

-Do they work over bluetooth?
Answers

-switch on the Bluetooth on phone and the app would automatically connect to the TPMS. Set the setting of the app to Always Automatically Connect Via Bluetooth.

-15 metres.

-Yes.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 21:12   #32

Re: JK TPMS : Cost-effective, but not very accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Overall I think it's a good investment of Rs 2600. If anyone want the sensors can share the sales contact number.
Please share the contact details. Looking to buy for myself, however the online quotes are very high compared to the price at which you have procured the sensors.

Thanks.
Lone_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 22:12   #33

Quote:

Overall I think it's a good investment of Rs 2600. If anyone want the sensors can share the sales contact number.
Please share the contact would like to buy them

Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 23:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Rider View Post
Please share the contact details. Looking to buy for myself, however the online quotes are very high compared to the price at which you have procured the sensors.

Thanks.
Yes online prices are higher thats the reason I bought it offline. You can contact him on Mr. Shanu 9310858193
Cheers .
sam_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 23:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Aren't the external sensors prone to theft or physical damage? Plus every time the tyre has to be filled, the sensors have to be removed, wouldn't this affect the accuracy?
They are to installed using a special mechanism (nuts and wrench) and the wrench is to be kept in the car at all times else they wont open.

The nuts and wrench is to keep the neighbourhood kids away though and any professional thief should be able to steal them.

Name:  DBC43FC604704C759CC00FE438B00B0A.jpeg
Views: 3191
Size:  40.2 KB

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th February 2022 at 23:48.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:58   #36
BHPian

Thank you for the shared information. I am looking for similar TPMS as my externally fixed TPMS stopped working some time back. I will try and reach on the mobile number shared for cost, in case the entire system needs to be shipped to Goa.

Last edited by Ertigiat : 9th February 2022 at 14:02.
Old 9th February 2022, 17:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
# Although it works with the help of an application but readings are not very accurate. I have tested from multiple air pressure filling stations but the readings are +- 2 bar.
Do you mean +/-2 bar? Or psi? 2 bar~29 psi.
Old 9th February 2022, 17:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Thank god I didn't go ahead with them during my tyre change. I changed to michelins few months back and the tyre dealer was selling the same TPMS sensors for 6k and I thought if at all I have to spend so much, I would rather go ahead with senseairy and here you bought them for Rs. 2600, quite reasonable
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:41   #39
src
BHPian

Honestly there is nothing better than having a TPMS in your car.
Specifically for cars having Lowline TPMS is more annoying since car will throw an error but actually there might not be any problem in reality.
Currently am using SensAiry and the entire experience has been awesome.
Specifically Ajay from SensAiry is literally available 24x7 for any help and he is a thorough gentleman.
My friend had also been using JK Treel but was not satisfied and eventually he changed to SensAiry and he suggested me SensAiry.

But obviously for this price there is no harm in trying out.
Am pretty happy with SensAiry as this can also be displayed through Android Auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-pxl_20210504_054901859.night.jpg  

src is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 23:12   #40

As part of tire maintenance we would do tire rotation every 5000 or so KMs, in which case is there an easy way to remap the sensor to corresponding tire position in the App or Display unit?
Old 10th February 2022, 10:11   #41
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivasam View Post
As part of tire maintenance we would do tire rotation every 5000 or so KMs, in which case is there an easy way to remap the sensor to corresponding tire position in the App or Display unit?
Yes I do a five wheel rotation every 5000 kms and it's easy in SensAiry.
Just need to drag and drop. No hassles at all
src is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 12:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Do you mean +/-2 bar? Or psi? 2 bar~29 psi.
My mistake , I meant psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivasam View Post
Yes it's easy just drag the position from the app and you are good to go. I did it after my tyre rotation.

Last edited by ampere : 10th February 2022 at 14:29. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 10th February 2022, 12:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Honestly there is nothing better than having a TPMS in your car.
Specifically for cars having Lowline TPMS is more annoying since car will throw an error but actually there might not be any problem in reality.
Currently am using SensAiry and the entire experience has been awesome.
Specifically Ajay from SensAiry is literally available 24x7 for any help and he is a thorough gentleman.
My friend had also been using JK Treel but was not satisfied and eventually he changed to SensAiry and he suggested me SensAiry.

But obviously for this price there is no harm in trying out.
Am pretty happy with SensAiry as this can also be displayed through Android Auto.
I like your Sensairy display unit which reflects air pressure measurement in decimal point. JK Tyre's TREEL does not reflect air pressure measurements in decimal points.
So for a person who likes intricacies and refined measurements the Sensairy seems a good option.
The batteries of TREEL's TPMS are not replaceable so after the warranty period of 5 years the sensor unit will have to be replaced by a new one. Or we can say that the TREEL's TPMS shall be usable for the average period of tyre life and when the time comes to replace the tyres, the TREEL sensors too would have to be replaced.
How about the Sensairy's Internal TMPS, are its batteries replaceable ?
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 14:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Yes I get it that its a simple job however generally looking for a decent tyre shop in the South of Bangalore for doing some routine maintenance hence checked. Also if you could share the contact details on the Treel sensor it would be helpful. Thanks.
Please let me know where you installed it in south Bangalore( Jayanagar/JP Nagar/ BTM etc). How much do they charge per tyre for installation? Rs100?
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 17:46   #45
BHPian

I recently changed the tyres of my Ford Aspire. Along with the new tyres, I also installed an internal TPMS. Generic Chinese import from Amazon.

Within next 3-4 days, the front left tyre showed PSI of 17. I went back to the tyre shop and a minor leak was detected between the rim and the tyre due to rust/dirt. It was cleaned up and tyre fitted again. No leaks since then. The TPMS came in handy immediately for me.

The display unit came with useless double sided tape which barely stuck. I had a 3M tape lying so used that and the display is firmly in place. The display turns off automatically and turns on, upon slightest of movement. Opening the door turns it on. Initially I thought the display was faulty and was not turning off. I called the support number which was printed on a page that came with the TPMS. He asked me to observe the display before opening the door. I did that and realised it is sensitive to movement.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_20211230_124319.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_20211230_124409.jpg

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_20220209_173911.jpg

Few days back, one of the displays went blank while on a drive. It came back once I reached home and parked the car. Did not happen again on other drives. Then again a couple of days back the sensor went blank. Next day when I checked it was back. I called the support number again, he advised me to take the car to a tyre shop, deflate the tyre and re-pair the sensor. I am yet to do that, need to call him when I take the car out to tyre shop.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img_20220208_212312.jpg

The seller from Amazon is quite responsive and helpful. One thing I like about this kind of TPMS over an app based one is that you can see the display all the time right in front of you instead of having to check it on the app. The TPMS also has warning levels for pressure and temperature. I haven't experienced either though.

So far I am satisfied with the TPMS even with the small glitch with one of the sensors.

Last edited by yashg : 10th February 2022 at 17:51. Reason: Fixing a couple of typos
yashg is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks