Team-BHP - Rebuilding my Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rebuilding my Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27483-rebuilding-my-esteem-4.html)

There is nothing much to speculate here. I think it is pretty obvious that the two cars are very different. The all covered up white car is a M-1000 whereas the second one is a run down Esteem. There are so many giveaways to prove that the second one with open engine bay is not the same car as the previous one.

hey guys. i just returned from my work place. it just tickles my mind when you guys are discussing about what my car is. My thread was about rebuilding my esteem.its not turned to whether its a m1000 or an esteem. agreed the bonnet is different...but thats the point guys and that what is my thread is all about. i was a bit shocked too when u guys said that it was a m1000. guys relax and just watch this thread.

Anyways the original (first) pic of this thread is the very first pic of this car. thats the reason there is no wheel cap and i took os come unwanted stickers.

this is my car which is partly stripped.

from another angle...wait for other pics.

Further on. the car is stripped. Now what this carefully, may be you might change your opinion guys.

This car has been stripped off. Notice the petrol tank lid which has been replaced, which is the cause of the debate. again keep watching

Why is there no key-type fuel cap on the stripped car? You had a white one, then a grey with key and then a grey without key. Surprising.

hes probably got rid of the key to open the fuel cap. i guess hell use the normal remote fuel opening.

The reason for the grey lid is that i had put a fire kinda sticker on the car and then removed it, since im rebuliding it . anyways guys please concentrate on other parts of the car and not just the Damn keylid. its getting a bit irritating now. Dez

alright des! setting aside the fact whether your car is an m-1000 or esteem first i think you should get down to telling us whether your looking at performance goods or just a pretty pony?

if its performance you want you can look it up in the forum using the search function. loads of threads with suggestions.

if you want a new esteem look-alike you'l have to consider changing
exterior -
1)headlights
2)tail lights
3)bootlid garnish w/reverse lights
4)front bumper
5)indicators
interior -
1)dashboard along with whatever sticks out of it
2)door pads and handles
3)storage bins in front of the gear lever
4)cabin light(not sure)
5)steering wheel

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 535912)
agreed the bonnet is different...but thats the point guys and that what is my thread is all about.

What's the point again ? Did not get that one sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 536382)
The reason for the grey lid is that i had put a fire kinda sticker on the car and then removed it, since im rebuliding it .

I think the reason for the grey lid is because it is a brand new lid which has not yet been painted on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 536382)
its getting a bit irritating now. Dez

Thank you, the feeling is mutual.

flipsyde
As far as the exteriors goes, I will be changing it to type 3, or the latest type,and as far as interiors are concerned, things that i am not changing will be the steering, and the dash. Although wanted to change the dash but its a lil out of budget. the dash looks rotten but will try to make it look brand new. there are other things too that i wish to change, like cabin lights, the handles, both interior and exterior along with installing power windows and central locking. along with good stereo and a head unit.

Esteem lover
ye of corz mate, ive changed the lid.

Ummm... I am a bit confused. Since yours was an Esteem from day one how come it had a lock-based fuel lid? If I am not mistaken the Esteems come with a remote-open fuel lid from day one naa? :confused:

And why are you irritated by the way? You are apparently showing a car to people which is undergoing modifications. However its causing all round confusion. You should try to be more coherent in clearing the fog up rather than skirting the questions and saying this is "getting a bit irritating". The fact that so many people are on your thread and responding is in itself a big success, is not it? :)

Zappo.

I am not sure how it has a lock based fuel lid. but when i showed a pic of the engine bay, ppl came to another conclusion. will post pictures of the work which is in progress. and yes I am happy with the success of this thread.

Now the car has been given a face lift. have replaced the fromt bumper and bonnet.

Now. heres the interiors of my car. a bit rusted in some parts, not that bad though. pictures taken on different days.

Front view

Rusted

Rear seat sheet

and ofcorse the engine bay.

the interiors are in real bad shape! are you sure your not going to do anything about it? quiet a bit of rust too. you certainly need 4 new tyres. those tyres are gone!

for the shape it is in i honestly hope you paid peanuts for it. the front has more weld and rust on it than any metal. and i hope you know the engine is certainly going to require a re-build. by the looks of it this car has done 1.35L kms.

Man the car is in a real bad shape. one needs to have a strong heart to buy something like this. how can someone treat his car like this ?

Personally i haven't ever seen a car so rusted. Is it cause of the fact that it is a Mumbai car or what ?