Team-BHP - Rebuilding my Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rebuilding my Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27483-rebuilding-my-esteem-6.html)

Initial batches of the Esteem which came with Black bumpers & manual window winders, no central locking & no power steering did indeed come with key operated fuel filler flaps.

A good friend owned an immaculate '94/'95 model which he recently sold off.

Comment: My esteem is an 96 Dec. it doesnt comes with a remote fuel cap.

What happened to the pictures 007? Your black Esteem.

i recently got to know from someone working on the rto that ts illegal to change the car to the facelifted model is it true

he said because it becomes difficult to locate the vehicle with the description of the vehicle given by the the people and the registration number of the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 833393)
i recently got to know from someone working on the rto that ts illegal to change the car to the facelifted model is it true

he said because it becomes difficult to locate the vehicle with the description of the vehicle given by the the people and the registration number of the car

Any modification done to the car, visual or mechanical is illegal if done without the prior permission of the RTO and/or of the manufacturer.

So, actually speaking fitting body kits, larger rims are also illegal.:deadhorse

I own a 95 Esteem, it has a remote boot release. AFAIK all esteems came with remote boot release. So the car in question might have an M-1000 shell to which a Esteem engine has been plonked. Sometime ago while i was looking for an esteem saw atleast 3 instances where these kind of things were done.

Mine is a non PS non power window model as specefied in some post earlier.

Please do a thorogh check on the car before buying it. Especially cars which are 8+ years old coz usually their history is screwed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comet (Post 826959)
Comment: My esteem is an 96 Dec. it doesnt comes with a remote fuel cap.

Did you buy the car brand new or was it picked up from the used car lot? If possible please post some pics of your car, would like to know whats is actually going on, how come my 95 Esteem has a remote boot release

i owned a March '95 red esteem (just sold it). No remote fuel cap release but it had a remote boot release. bought it from the dealer. brand new.

Mine is a November 2006 Esteem and it has noth fuel lid and boot release feature from within the cabin.

The sarcasm was strong in this thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 531809)
I think that the M1000 had that external lock on the fuel lid opener. Isnt that internally operated in Esteems?

yep i agree.. I thinks its a M1000 , my buddy has the first gen esteem 94 and it has the fuel lid open from the inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezmo007 (Post 530416)
Hi guys...

I purchased a second hand 97 esteem lx cheap from the market in feb this year...with the engine just doing about 35000kms, I decided to rebuild my esteem to the latest type4.....not sure why i am doing this...but just that i wanna do it and contribute something to team BHP and also gain some feedback from u guys.....below are the pics of my car when purchases.....will update as soon as work progresses..

hey dezmo regardless the fact weathers its a esteem or M1000 you can manage to convert it to a Type 4 or Type 3 esteem..

i'll post some picks of my buddy's esteem 94 type 1 converted to a type 2 esteem and also pics of my limited esteem, you try to see weather thers a difference