Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 14:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
ok i think i will share this experience of a friend of mine recently with a remote locking system in this thread ( rather than starting a new one )..

he has a alto lxi and has fitted the maruti standard system from nippon - maruti..

couple of days back, our man goes to the basement parking of a shopping complex and presses the unlock button...to his surprse - another alto lxi parked 2 cars away also opens up with a beep !!!!

he then shuts his car remotely and the other car also shuts!!

he then gets in to his car and shuts it with the remote lock - and both his car and the other car now start beeping !!!

finanlly, he got out and shut out the alarm - opened his car again ( the other car also opened ) and drove off leaving another persons alto lxi open in the car park !!!! wonder how this could happen ??
[COLOR=black]I have also been using the Nippon System from Maruti & touchwood has not experienced any major problem. In all probability this is a rare occurrence & I guess the operating frequency of both the remotes might have been same. It would be best for your friend to get his system changed as chances are that next time around it might be his car that might be left OPEN & that is a scary thought [/COLOR]
Old 16th September 2007, 22:46   #17
BHPian

cld someone help me find a Xenos dealer in Hyderabad ?
the usual guys on minister road dont offer Xenos security systems :(

i still havent got a remote lock on my car
Old 17th September 2007, 10:51   #18
BHPian

i am too in same boat of searching nice autocop .
is xenos really that good,i enquired the price of xenos in bombay it will cost 3300/-, auto shop didn't knew the model but told be has all the protection (like boot lock, music system lock and stuff)
maranellored u wanted contact for xenos check in this site if it is any help for u or not
Xenos Products
Old 26th September 2007, 11:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
is xenos really that good,i enquired the price of xenos in bombay it will cost 3300/-, auto shop didn't knew the model but told be has all the protection (like boot lock, music system lock and stuff)
maranellored u wanted contact for xenos check in this site if it is any help for u or not
Xenos Products
thanks mate

got Xenos FW200 installed.

It cost me Rs.3400 here. It has all the basic features.
the remotes though are a tad irritating. they are too sensitive, and the guy who installed the system, screwed up my boot switch

but overall seems to be a worthy investment
Old 26th September 2007, 23:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
ok i think i will share this experience of a friend of mine recently with a remote locking system in this thread ( rather than starting a new one )..

he has a alto lxi and has fitted the maruti standard system from nippon - maruti..

couple of days back, our man goes to the basement parking of a shopping complex and presses the unlock button...to his surprse - another alto lxi parked 2 cars away also opens up with a beep !!!!

he then shuts his car remotely and the other car also shuts!!

he then gets in to his car and shuts it with the remote lock - and both his car and the other car now start beeping !!!

finanlly, he got out and shut out the alarm - opened his car again ( the other car also opened ) and drove off leaving another persons alto lxi open in the car park !!!! wonder how this could happen ??
Not surprised at all.

One of my projects a few months back at work was to determine the effectiveness of a few anti-theft devices. Nippon was one of them & it fared the worst in most technical parameters.

What I was very surprised was that technical guys working with 2 companies, during casual chat over dinner, stated that the electronic systems are one of the easiest to break into. Most of the features that are so highly highlighted don't even go through a thorough validation process.

The other day I read in paper that the govt. want to make it compulsory to install these anti-theft devices. I am not sure I would go with that.

By far the most sensible anti-theft device has to be the tracking systems connected to a central command center to alert emergency services during a theft or accident and a hand held tracking device.

Last edited by theexister : 26th September 2007 at 23:22.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
Xenos Products
dudes i want to know about xenos then,which one should i choose for my wagon vxi with central locking,key less entry and immobilizer already !
i cant spend beyond 4k
Old 27th September 2007, 10:35   #22
knp
BHPian

even, my car security system was broken. i had one from BPL in my 2002 santro (dealer only fitted this for me)..but, it stopped working.
when i checked with local service guys, they were saying that some IC is gone and also, not getting any service from BPL, as they have discontinued this product..

am also looking for a new one..but, dont know which one to go
Old 6th October 2007, 17:53   #23

Problem with the car's Autocop device

Hi! Friends & Experts
I own a maruti wagonR Car, Bought it 2nd hand.using since last 3 months.It came fitted from the previous owner with a Autocop of Silicon make Singapore.
recently within the lastt week, all of a sudden,the sound from the autocop stopped suddenly, I am abel to open & close the car doors with the Autocop but it does not make the Beep beep Single & twice sounds which it used to to make earlier? I do not know the reason why? As if the car does not make the sound Then the purpose of installing the autocop is useless? can u guys pls help me that what could have gone wrong? I am a newbee with cars, Its my 1st car. I have not yet taken it to any sevice statin as i have hardly used it for about 500 Kms since i purchased it.If i can solve the problem from you experts guys may be i need not go to a service centre to understand the problem.

The model of the Silicon autocop is TX-08

Pls advice as to what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Tejas

Mod's Note: Please carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread. There is no point in opening threads on the same old topics over and over...

Threads merged.
Old 7th October 2007, 08:47   #24
BHPian

Hi Tejas,

What you have to look for is, when you open the bonnet, behind the battery compartment, you would find a yellow wire, see if this wire is de-coupled, if it is then attach it. Then you are good to go.

This is what happened to me, so there is a chance this may solve the problem. But if doesnt go to a reputed workshop and ask him about the problem. Also the location of the said wire could be different in different cars. But no harm in trying it yourself.

Anand.S
Old 7th October 2007, 14:44   #25

prooblem with the cars; autocop device

Hello Anandtheleo
As per ur instruction, i opened up my cars; bonnet & checked to see for that yellow wire but none on the wires are detached But yes i did see a small wire yellow coloured but it was attached to the spring which is used to close the bonnet & that yellow coloured wire was hanging loose but that was at the exactly opposite side of the battery compartment.
Also the location of this closing spring which has at its bottom a yellow coloured wire is lying just above the place where the Horn is placed? can this be the wire that you are pointing to? if yes then where has that wire to be attached to as i could not see any place where this wire might be going to ?
Also there is a small red coloured button just below the steering wheel & just above that red coloured button is a small plastic piece which has the brand of silicon inscribed on it, i tried to press that button also to see if that might help to start the Buzzer of the sutocop but to vain.

can you help any further in this?

Thnx in advance
Tejas
Old 7th October 2007, 20:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas_t View Post
Hi! Friends & Experts
I own a maruti wagonR Car, Bought it 2nd hand.using since last 3 months.It came fitted from the previous owner with a Autocop of Silicon make Singapore.
recently within the lastt week, all of a sudden,the sound from the autocop stopped suddenly, I am abel to open & close the car doors with the Autocop but it does not make the Beep beep Single & twice sounds which it used to to make earlier? I do not know the reason why? As if the car does not make the sound Then the purpose of installing the autocop is useless? can u guys pls help me that what could have gone wrong? I am a newbee with cars, Its my 1st car. I have not yet taken it to any sevice statin as i have hardly used it for about 500 Kms since i purchased it.If i can solve the problem from you experts guys may be i need not go to a service centre to understand the problem.

The model of the Silicon autocop is TX-08

Pls advice as to what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Tejas

Mod's Note: Please carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread. There is no point in opening threads on the same old topics over and over...

Threads merged.
hey,

not completely sure about how/why it happened suddenly, but know for certain that the autocop can be programmed to not beep when opened and/or closed? have you had the system looked at by someone from autocop already. i had a similiar problem and the autocop guys had to come to sort it out.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:45   #27
BHPian

Hi Tejas,

Not too sure about the connections you talked about. And a cars electricals are not to be played around with, there may be serious repurcusions. What I would suggest is, take your car to a local dealer of Autocop & tell him your problem, let him diagonise the problem. If possible tell him about the wire hanging lose. I am sure he will help you out.

But at no point connect any loose wire yourself unless you are 100% sure, in my case I had seen the yellow wires connected before service and when I saw them disconnected after service I did them myself.

Hope this helps.

Anand.S
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:50   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
i think autocop has 3 years warranty.. i am sure Xenos remote locking has a life-time warranty
The catch in lifetime product warranty... The lifetime warranty is only for the life of the product components (approx 3- 4years) and not the human life !!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:40   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadWad View Post
The catch in lifetime product warranty... The lifetime warranty is only for the life of the product components (approx 3- 4years) and not the human life !!!
What is meant by the "life of the product components (approx 3- 4years)" ?

Would you be more specific ?
Old 6th March 2009, 18:31   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
What is meant by the "life of the product components (approx 3- 4years)" ?

Would you be more specific ?
Lifetime Warrenty for electronic product generally means (3-4 years). This is considered to be the life of an electronic product. This is normally not stated anywhere by manufacturers and we the general public are led to believe that the lifetime warrenty is for ever... That unfortunately is not the case...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks