Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 00:39   #1

Autocop query help !!!!!!

i have a Hyundai Santro 2002 model.
The car was fitted with Autocop Cobra when bought. Yesterday, the autocop system failed and locked me out of the car.

when a known service center guy looked at it, he said the the system was screwed and i'll need to put in a new system.
I have a few queries which i hope will be answered
  1. Do these car locking systems fail on a regular basis, cos my mechanic tells me i was extremely lucky to be using it for 5 years ?
  2. If i have to get a new system which one wld u suggest ?
  3. and finally do the grey market guys provide me with a guarantee ?
Thanks in advance
Old 14th August 2007, 01:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

huh! then what is the lifetime warranty there for? all these systems come with lifetime warranty and there is hardly anything in these to get screwed really speaking. I do not know though if your controller unit went kaput somehow. at least i have never heard of such a thing happening. i mean even if it ill behaves they can reprogram the thing without taking it out in most cases unless of course your unit is physically damaged.

is there anything like gray market pieces in these things? i do not think so. even the minister road shops which otherwise sell a lot of gray market stuffs sell these remote central locking systems with warranty.

as for me i have a Mind-Huf FortKnoxx system installed and the post-sell service is really good.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
huh! then what is the lifetime warranty there for? all these systems come with lifetime warranty and there is hardly anything in these to get screwed really speaking.
Is there a life-time warranty for autocop?

marnaellored, go for Xenos, get it installed only from a dealer / authorised technician, and get yourslef peace.

anyway 5 years for autocop seems to be good enough.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Its the installation thats going wrong, sort it out.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
Is there a life-time warranty for autocop?
i think autocop has 3 years warranty.. i am sure Xenos remote locking has a life-time warranty
Old 14th August 2007, 17:38   #6
BHPian

thanks guys.
i'll be checking out the costs and will decide on the system by this weekend hopefully
Old 15th August 2007, 12:55   #7

mention the cost when you come to know

thanks in advance
Old 6th September 2007, 13:57   #8

where can be Xenos remote locking can be fitted in Nasik any one has any idea, I tried to get in touch with Autocop people (autocop is a nasik manufacturing and is a importer for pioneer car audio too) they are the worst lot they all are marketing gimmicks like full replacement warranty. when we asked how do we come to know that the product i am buying is original and some fake he said if you are getting warranty card it is original,

I can myself print some warranty cards and sell those systems.

I do not know what i am babbling what i want to say is do not buy autocop as i had a very bad experience even for a prebuy.
Old 6th September 2007, 14:00   #9

can any one help me in getting Xenos remote locking in Nasik.
Old 10th September 2007, 23:29   #10

Anyone got Autocop fitted in Fiesta 1.4 EXI Petrol

Pune Motors while fitting the Autocop have disabled my manual central locking (which comes with the car), as they say that the electrical circuit is very different in fiesta as compared to other cars. On the other hand the Ford workshop tells me that both can co-exist. I am really confused, so advice will be very appreciated.

Last edited by Zappo : 11th September 2007 at 01:56. Reason: Threads merged. Please take care to post in the correct section and use related existing threads instead of opening new ones.
Old 11th September 2007, 12:20   #11
BHPian

which company to select alram system as i have central locking and what are the rates of it. i am stay in bombay and have parking in building
Old 11th September 2007, 13:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

ok i think i will share this experience of a friend of mine recently with a remote locking system in this thread ( rather than starting a new one )..

he has a alto lxi and has fitted the maruti standard system from nippon - maruti..

couple of days back, our man goes to the basement parking of a shopping complex and presses the unlock button...to his surprse - another alto lxi parked 2 cars away also opens up with a beep !!!!

he then shuts his car remotely and the other car also shuts!!

he then gets in to his car and shuts it with the remote lock - and both his car and the other car now start beeping !!!

finanlly, he got out and shut out the alarm - opened his car again ( the other car also opened ) and drove off leaving another persons alto lxi open in the car park !!!! wonder how this could happen ??
Old 11th September 2007, 13:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
ok i think i will share this experience of a friend of mine recently with a remote locking system in this thread ( rather than starting a new one )..

he has a alto lxi and has fitted the maruti standard system from nippon - maruti..

couple of days back, our man goes to the basement parking of a shopping complex and presses the unlock button...to his surprse - another alto lxi parked 2 cars away also opens up with a beep !!!!

he then shuts his car remotely and the other car also shuts!!

he then gets in to his car and shuts it with the remote lock - and both his car and the other car now start beeping !!!

finanlly, he got out and shut out the alarm - opened his car again ( the other car also opened ) and drove off leaving another persons alto lxi open in the car park !!!! wonder how this could happen ??
Extremely unlikely that this happened as in the Nippon system the remote is encoded with some information about the control unit and it has to be programmed for each controller separately.
Old 11th September 2007, 13:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

must be a freak incident but it happened - otherwise wouldnt be posting it here...
Old 11th September 2007, 13:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Chances of internal system going faulty is very low........

Could be that the remote has failed.... I have one installed in my indica for last six years and never failed... I just replaced a old remote with new one for 550 Rs. Autocop guy came to my home synchronized the remote with the internal unit. Spare remote is still working fine. Battery was changed once.

I also have impact sensor installed (as part of autocop kit), still working good and scares of dogs on slight touch of there tail of claws and also keep kids and evil mind aways from the car, not allowing them to do any scratch work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks