Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 21:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
...it goes well with jeeps and SUV's, maruti omni...i have seen some on maruti 800 & santro though...
For looks, maybe. For every other reason... Well, its all been said.

If you have a working farm or forestry vehicle, that you need to mount heavy gear on, and drive bad terrain or just maybe even for rally driving where it is required to mount a battery of lights, then that is where this kind of
fitting has a place.

The polished chrome look-I'm-a-tough-guy fashion accessory? Words fail me. Well, they don't actually, but...

Oh... on a Maruti 800... that;s for picking the car up by, isn't it?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 13th September 2007 at 21:10.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:07   #17
BHPian

hey anupmathur,

I guess these days body colored bumpers are standard. There is no choice unless we buy black colored vehicle
Old 14th September 2007, 07:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Which car are you planning on?
Old 14th September 2007, 08:37   #19
BHPian

i am confused between UVA base/Ikon/Indigo LS.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:44   #20
BANNED

Also see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ars-worth.html
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping an old thread!

But I saw these('Clear Bumper'-linked below) and was really impressed by the protection they offer without standing out(preserving the stock bumper look etc.)

I've seen my mom's U-VA's bumper and it has these black spots all over(paint chipping from multiple small collisions)

This seems to be an awesome film to prevent bumper scrapes! - Clear Bumper : The Best Protection You'll Never See
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:08   #22
BHPian

Clear Bumper looks promising.
Won't it peel out due to the hot climate here?
Old 25th December 2009, 00:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Do you get the Clear Bumper protection on India??
Looks worth it IMO!
Old 11th June 2011, 22:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bumper Guards

I think I may need to go for the front nudge guard for Innova , more to prevent the front bumper from being kissed by autos/cycles than anything else.
I was checking for availability of an all-plastic front nudge guard but could not find anything in Delhi.
The available ones were all-metal (rs 3500) , and half "ABS plastic" half-metal (rs 8000!).
I am definitely not interested in the metal one. The half-plastic and half-metal looks dubious (will airbag deploy?) - as there still is a cross-member made of steel attached to the chassis with steel.

Does such a thing as an all-plastic nudge guard even exist? And how much should I pay/where could I get one from?
Old 11th June 2011, 23:04   #25
BHPian

I have a pair of Hella comet 500 installed on my swift Vdi (in between the OEM foglamps). No matter how careful one is, in delhi traffic the auxillary lights (Hellas') do get bent or the alignment goes bad. I have even managed to scratch the Cover of one Light. I have been pondering over the past few days that whether i should get a custom made bull bar for my swift. A very thin one just to protect the lights. I know bull bars are a strict no-no but then what to do to save the hellas'. Please help out.
Old 12th June 2011, 00:35   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1787 View Post
I know bull bars are a strict no-no but then what to do to save the hellas'. Please help out.
I have seen a bull bar [if its called the same for hatchbacks also] designed for Swift in some ads. I guess I came across that in Overdrive some edition. You could check with some accessories shops. Not sure of the price n all - but I liked the design.
Old 13th June 2011, 06:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

I came across a front nudge guard described as given below.
question: Would this compromise crumple-zone and air-bag deployment?
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]"
Silent features of Front Guard

Frond Guards are available in various designs and are made according to the contour of the car. Each guard is meticulously designed to match the looks and dynamics of the car.

Frond Guards are available in steel, aluminum F.R.P (Fiber) and P.U (Poly Urethane).Some Front Guard designs come in combinations of Steel and Fiber, aluminum and P.U etc.

The quality of steel used in front guards is Jindal S.S (Grade SS.202).The quality of Aluminum used is Hindalco and Nalco grade with 2 mm thickness.

The Fibre front guards are made up High Quality FRP material with no waviness to give the smooth uniform finish to the guard.

Also 2k paint of Asian PPG for the body matching colors so that the guard blends with the car seamlessly.

M.S brackets used in the front guards are 5-6 mm in thickness and 7 tank powder coating process (14 micron) is done which makes the brackets rust resistant.

"
Old 13th June 2011, 09:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I think I may need to go for the front nudge guard for Innova , more to prevent the front bumper from being kissed by autos/cycles than anything else.
I was checking for availability of an all-plastic front nudge guard but could not find anything in Delhi.
The available ones were all-metal (rs 3500) , and half "ABS plastic" half-metal (rs 8000!).
I am definitely not interested in the metal one. The half-plastic and half-metal looks dubious (will airbag deploy?) - as there still is a cross-member made of steel attached to the chassis with steel.

Does such a thing as an all-plastic nudge guard even exist? And how much should I pay/where could I get one from?
I have one in the front. Its from a company called hiker. It costed Rs.9300 a year ago. It should be available with the toyota dealership itself. The colour of the nudge guard is black. Its light in weight and should suit your purpose very well.
saravananj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
I have one in the front. Its from a company called hiker. It costed Rs.9300 a year ago. It should be available with the toyota dealership itself. The colour of the nudge guard is black. Its light in weight and should suit your purpose very well.
Thanks Saravananj - am going to check out the bumper guards available at Galaxy Toyota at Delhi and see if they carry this.

And an update: I spoke to the guys sourcing the nudge guard (Horizon) shown in the picture (inside my last post). They mentioned that the construction is all FRP (Fibre reinforced plastic) and is available at Reliance Autozone.

Will be checking both at the dealer and Reliance Autozone and will report back what I find. Hopefully the quest will end soon.
Old 15th June 2011, 10:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Thanks Saravananj - am going to check out the bumper guards available at Galaxy Toyota at Delhi and see if they carry this.
Here is the website of hiker india ..::It's Hiker World, Nudge Guards, Roof Carriers, Side Foot Steps, Rear Bumpers, Rear View Monitor System, Bumper Guards::... Thanks to another thread in team-bhp for providing this link . I have got HK-NG-CB 108 model to be precise. There are other models too. See which one is suitable for you.
saravananj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks