Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 07:22   #31
BHPian

Tri-Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Do add a Tri-phase to your car later on.

cya
A

Hi!

My car already has a tri-phase & irridium sparks. When i changed the filter, switched the tri-phase off & i get so much power...i can only imagine the effects of it switched on!! Still getting used to the power...when i tire of it...the module is back on!
Old 7th September 2007, 11:55   #32
BHPian

1self!!! Wow! An elantra with a Tri-phase + CAI. I'm sure the extra torque from the Tri-phase would be *no words to describe it*.

Btw, in this picture, did the pipe come along with the CAI or it was after market? Because it looks real neat and flexible too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
cya
A
Old 7th September 2007, 12:40   #33
BHPian

Hi Absar!

The plumbing came with the CAI. BTW it is NOT plastic...it is grooved aluminium, black on the outside, silver on the inside...keeps the air cool this way i suppose...rather stiff, will not crumble in ur hands but flexible at the same time....good for the air flow!!
Old 7th September 2007, 12:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

You should not have removed the other box, its there in the Optra too i didnot remove it while installing KnN, it prevents engine noise from entering inside.
Old 7th September 2007, 13:08   #35
BHPian

Engine Noise

Hi BUSA!

i have driven hard with & without that box...the only extra noise is due to the filter intake...nothing else...& that 'noise' i LOVE! She is pretty silet at all other times (traffic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You should not have removed the other box, its there in the Optra too i didnot remove it while installing KnN, it prevents engine noise from entering inside.
Old 7th September 2007, 13:27   #36
BHPian

hi

the extra box adds volume and helps reduce surge plus acts as a resonent chamber in planum type manifolds!
Quote:
Hi,

The purpose of the other box (as explained by the hyundai service centre fellows) is to prevent any vaccum developing when the engine wants instantaneous air....as when sudden accleration happens...also to reduce the noise of the air intake...at moderate & full throttle levels....this is true...but when the noise is so s*xy, who would want to reduce it?
Old 7th September 2007, 13:48   #37
BHPian

Hi Turbosam!

What is surge? How does it happen? What is planum type manifold?

Last edited by 1self : 7th September 2007 at 13:59.
Old 8th September 2007, 11:38   #38
BHPian

about surge

at resonable rpm if u suddenly floor the accelerator the demand of the air shoots which cant be always handlded by the intake plumbing.. to prevent the engine from depriving off air at the same time protecting the intake tract from collapsing the extra volume is provided it acts as fail safe air reservior!
planum tupe manifold is the one who performs the abovementioned job ot the engine side of the throttle body .
theroticlly designed and execuated one will boost torque at the lower to mid range of the rpm at the cost of top end out and out power. especially if the cam overlap is more at @top deat centre! generally its prefered on all street cars .

Quote:
Hi Turbosam!

What is surge? How does it happen? What is planum type manifold?
Old 28th November 2007, 16:19   #39
BHPian

Apollo rocks

Hi guys,
I know the guys who put these apollo filters first time in b'lore.they call themselves as Team Acceleracers.I have seen them installin it on swift,zen,santro. it makes a awesome sound and coming to performance its mind blowing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks