Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 14:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Dashboard reflection on windscreen

Same problem facing in my ANHC and somewhat in my Figo.
And the best solution I am having is polarised sunglasses. I have put one pair of those in my cars so the problem is solved 100%.
Old 13th February 2011, 14:47   #32
BANNED

Saw another solution in a taxi WagonR in Goa - he put a dark black colour cloth on the dash - it was tailored for the dash, with holes for air vents and other things under the dash. The WagonR has a depression above the glove box - where the air bags go. There was zippered bag at this place.
Old 13th February 2011, 16:33   #33
BHPian

Faced the same problem with my NHC but the reflection has reduced after I installed vkool film on the front windscreen .
Old 13th February 2011, 16:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
I too have a pair of Fast Track polarised sunglasses and it helps ward of the reflection from the windshield completely.

One thing I noticed though was, when I look at the windshields of cars through my Rear View mirror or through the ORVMs, they seem to be multicolured. Something like when you look at a large soap bubble in the sunlight...you see the entire spectrum of colours on it.

I never felt this when using a regular sunglasses.

Has anyone else using a polarised sunglasses felt this and is this normal for a polarised pair of glasses?

Edit: Oh and another thing that polarised sunglasses eliminate is the shadows of over head tree branches when you drive fast on a tree lined road. Without polarised glasses, the shadows of these overhead branches/leaves/foliage can be very distracting as they rush over your car's windshield.

@Kairalee: I have experienced the spectrum of colours on windshield of other vehicles when I use Polaroid glasses. There is a typical pattern to it mainly squarish. I am not sure what causes it though it is not seen using normal Ray Bans.
I think this is normal for Polaroid sunglasses.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:00   #35
BHPian

After reading through the new posts, I am convinced using polaroid glasses is the best solution. The only remaining question is which brand is the best (I have to use clip-on sunglasses on top of the regular glasses I use)
Old 13th February 2011, 19:26   #36
BHPian

@Mohan: Polaroid is a brand in itself. The technology being discussed above is Polarized lenses. You can get sunglasses with polarized lenses from many good brands, even Ray-Bans have a range with polarized glasses.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Putting sunfilm on the front windscreen may not be legal. Also because of the slanting windscreens of the modern cars, this problem will occur in all modern cars in more or less degree.

The only solution would be to use a dashboard cover or a piece of cloth spread over the dashboard.

Old 13th February 2011, 19:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Simple solution is to use a matt black cloth on top on your dashboard, close to the demist area. Black absorbs light and does not allow the reflection to occur.
Where is this matt cloth available? How is it held in place?
Old 13th February 2011, 20:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Putting sunfilm on the front windscreen may not be legal. Also because of the slanting windscreens of the modern cars, this problem will occur in all modern cars in more or less degree.

The only solution would be to use a dashboard cover or a piece of cloth spread over the dashboard.

Well, windshield sunfilm on my car is totally transparent, and so is not illegal. It does have a very slight green tinge though, but it looks the same as the windscreens of Mercs.
Old 13th February 2011, 22:41   #40
BHPian

@honeybee the dashboad cover will 'look bad and will be tuff to clean.
As mentioned by Arkin, the transparent sunfilm is not illegal and solves the problem.
Old 31st March 2011, 12:39   #41
BHPian

I see at least two varieties of polarized lens - grey and brown. Which one is recommended for driving, please suggest.
Old 31st March 2011, 13:31   #42
BHPian

The best colour for Polarized glasses would be "No Colour". You can use them even in the night.
Polarised glasses also reduce the glare of headlights. However dark tinted ones can't be worn at night.
I have light brown ones and have found them useful even while driving in rains.

Has anyone come across clear polarised glasses?
Old 19th April 2011, 22:42   #43
BHPian

I think this link will be useful to many here,

How about a bulk order, if yes, I am in

night polarized | eBay
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:26   #44
BHPian

Non-reflective cloth to cover the dash board

I wish to paste the top area of the dashboard with a non-reflective black cloth to eliminate the reflection on the wind-screen. It would be cut to size and pasted at the edges using 3M tape so that I can replace / wash it when needed.

The best I could think of was a 5 mm thick black sponge sheet but I couldn't find one. I am sure other have better ideas. Maybe there is something available specifically for this purpose. I did find some readymade dashboard covers for the Indica but mine is a Lancer and it won't fit. Also, they were not black. Some were velvety dark coloured and didn't really help prevent the reflection. Please suggest.
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:47   #45
BHPian

Re: Non-reflective cloth to cover the dash board

I wanted to try out how carbon fiber vinyl acts when placed on the dash. Will try sometime

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks