Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 15:03   #31
BANNED

^ A simple solution is swap them .But remember the control on your right for the reclining angle will come on the left after the swap .
It is pretty simple job you can do it yourself .Remove the 4 screws attaching the seat to the floor .Then remove the bracket on which the seat is screwed on both sides .Same for the other seat.Swap the seats and remount on the brackets and screw to the floor .
Old 1st November 2009, 21:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
^ A simple solution is swap them .But remember the control on your right for the reclining angle will come on the left after the swap .

It is pretty simple job you can do it yourself .Remove the 4 screws attaching the seat to the floor .Then remove the bracket on which the seat is screwed on both sides .Same for the other seat.Swap the seats and remount on the brackets and screw to the floor .
I can live with that, hence I had suggested MASS to do this during the last service.
The problem (as I imagine) is that the rails near the middle are at a higher level than those near the doors. This means that for the left seat, the right bracket is at a higher level and vice versa. Can they still be swapped?
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Middle row bucket seats for maruti eeco

I am thinking for buying maruti eeco 5 seater AC and replace the middle row with 2 bucket seats. Planning to push original middle row as third row making the whole car to carry 7 passengers.
Could anybody please suggest a good place to get such seats in Bangalore? Is it there on JC road? And how much would they cost approx?
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am thinking for buying maruti eeco 5 seater AC and replace the middle row with 2 bucket seats. Planning to push original middle row as third row making the whole car to carry 7 passengers.
Could anybody please suggest a good place to get such seats in Bangalore? Is it there on JC road? And how much would they cost approx?
With the kind of expertize we have in town , I doubt if someone would be able to do a quality job. Your best bet is to design something yourself and have it fabricated to fit your needs. Definitely not worth the time and pain unless you have both in abundance.
If you still are keen on getting it done, try Coimbatore some of the best interior remodeling works come from there.
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
With the kind of expertize we have in town , I doubt if someone would be able to do a quality job. Your best bet is to design something yourself and have it fabricated to fit your needs. Definitely not worth the time and pain unless you have both in abundance.
If you still are keen on getting it done, try Coimbatore some of the best interior remodeling works come from there.
rjstyles69,

Do you think the maruti dealer himself can provide such an arrangement? I mean if the front seats of a small car, say alto can be put as second row as I described and pushing the real second row to third one? The MSIL service stations in Bangalore are expected to have the spares in stock including seats. Perhaps the dealer himself can come to my rescue....
Old 24th January 2010, 22:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
With your plan, would it become a six, rather than 7-seater? Anyway, it may not be possible, as the levels of the brackets of bucket (front) seats are at different levels; the centre ones are higher than the door-side ones AFAIK
Old 25th January 2010, 09:00   #37
BHPian

This is a very informative. I got some insight to change the seats when required in my Wagi!!
Old 27th January 2010, 19:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

After having discussions with bhpians I came to know about some statistics. This includes the vehicle power when all 7 seats are occupied and the AC is on. This might be a disaster for eeco engine and could be the reason for omitting an AC in 7-seater version.
Regarding the seat modifications, the middle row seats I mentioned need not be very much like the driver seat. I am looking for a possibility of having more comfortable separate seats with headrest with a passway to third row in between these two seats. Current middle row of eeco is so dangerous that a pothole bump could virtually throw off a passenger on the middle seat.
Considering these possiblities I am going for a TD this saturday and update here with the information I get from the dealer and his experts.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:53   #39
BHPian

My Zen is 10 Years old and the front seats have kind of flattened completely. I asked Vipul Motors Faridabad to change my seats but they said it's not possible. What to do? Should I email Maruti regarding this or what?
Old 5th February 2010, 12:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
My Zen is 10 Years old and the front seats have kind of flattened completely. I asked Vipul Motors Faridabad to change my seats but they said it's not possible. What to do? Should I email Maruti regarding this or what?
Instead of changing the seats altogether, u could get them recushioned, either @ MASS or any reputed seat maker.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Some what off the topic but , still subject is the same. Is it possible to fix a split seat like 60:40 in an old M 800.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

My WagonR is 5 years old (BS3 with roof rails & clear lamps) & the seat rails below & underneath the sear are rusted. I wish to change the foam/cushions & I don't prefer fixing the rust as of now due to the cost involved.

However I like to go in for better comfort in redesigning the seat. The work that I like to do is to rip the existing fabric/vinyl/foam materials from the seat structure & then replace the cushions with the kind of seats something like the attached pic & with hand rest both on driver & co driver (like Scorpio). The attached one is leather, however I would like to get the same structure in fabric.

Are fabric seats better than leather in terms of cleaning, comfortable on long drives & less pain in the back.
Attached Images

Old 9th February 2010, 11:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Oh!! God!!! Did I fail to capture the attention on this post?
Old 4th September 2010, 08:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aargee, any progress on this one ? Chanced on this thread late !

The seat you have shown looks great

Yesterday, I picked up a supersoft sofa cushion from my house (4 inch thick) only for my back, for a trial drive in my Scorpio. Believe me, the ride comfort was absolutely amazing.

I had to return the cushion after the trial, as my parents started giving me weird looks !

My old model Scorpio's stock seats are very hard (do not know about the latest top end Scorps, inputs would be welcome). Because of the hard nature of the seats, the road undulations would get transferred to my upper back rightaway, creating the classic head toss effect so typical to tall SUVs.

All the small bumps of the road simply disappeared into this sofa cushion, giving an amazing and luxurious ride comfort.

So I am looking at adding at least a 2 inch thick supersoft foam to my seats. Wonder if this is possible.
Old 16th April 2012, 22:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it possible to fit an all new seat in a car?

after some research I decided this was the best thread to put my query.

is it possible to use an after market seat without messing up the air bags? in Nissan quest driver seat to be specific. I am looking for more side and under thigh support. the backrest is completely flat in my car.

I would like to retain the original seat as it is since I may have to replace it if i decide to sell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks