Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 14:19   #46
BHPian

A dumb question

Can I replace the mid row bench seat in my scorpio with two captain seats and move the bench as the 3rd row? Wifey keeps complaining about the comfort that the mid row bench offers. If this is possible any idea on the cost + suggestions for good places in Chennai / Bangy?
Old 13th July 2012, 14:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it possible to fit an all new seat in a car?

Instead of "Under the hood", if you had only posted this question in the "Offroad / 4WD" sections, you would have got zillions of answers by now.
Far more than the typical car (sedan/hatch/MUV) owners, it is the Jeepers who have to dabble with these aspects and attain a certain mastery.

So, what seats can you use?
Almost any - as long as they can fit inside the car.

Where should you do this job?
Any garage who can handle some welding, drilling, grinding, machining and painting business. Stay far away from the dealerships for sure.

Where should you get the seats?
If you were in Delhi, I would have suggested Mayapuri. Strip your car of everything, including all seats, except driver (of course!), go to Mayapuri and try out one seat after another. Take a mechanic along, who can quickly guide you on the fitment feasibility. The separation distance and length of channels can sometimes throw some unique challenges your way. I am sure there would be some equivalent of Mayapuri in your city as well. Recaro and Sparco are VERY EXPENSIVE, and may not be what you are looking for. They are more tailored for rallying, racing, off-roading needs.

P.S. I use a Gurkha and the front two seats (4K pair) have been donated by Innova, the middle bench (2K) comes from a Bolero and the rear jump seats are stock. Cost of fitment was 1.5K.
Old 24th December 2012, 10:28   #48
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I own a Chevy Beat and the seat is not comfortable for a long drive (long = 400+Kms).
I feel the seats lack under thigh and lumbar support. I also think the width of the seat which supports my back is small and these days I have been suffering with severe back ache (I drive for almost 60 Kms per day).

I want to replace the seats with the ones in Swift / Indica (I have driven these cars extensively without troubling my back). Please suggest other cars also, if you think they have better seats.

Can you suggest if the seats can be replaced if YES then do you guys know any good place either in Bangalore or in Hyderabad.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Can you suggest if the seats can be replaced if YES then do you guys know any good place either in Bangalore or in Hyderabad.

I had done some seating modification in my Scorpio, through a guy in Frazertown, Bangalore.

I will PM you his contact details. Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks