Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 14:51   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need Help With Wheelchair Attachment to a Car

Saw this the other day and thought of you...

Xylo / Tavera could also be options:
Need Help With Wheelchair Attachment to a Car-wcimg_20170214_205031.jpg
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:47   #32
BHPian

Dear Friends,
After spending several hours on the internet, I was reminded 'why not ask my team-bhp ?'.
My father has a partial stroke (paralysis), and he is OK as long as he can sit in Sedan (front passenger seat). Recently, we purchased t-fortuner, and he just cannot manage to climb up. We have a small car for him exclusively.

I was wondering if there is any way I could modify the t-fort front passenger seat to something like the one below. This exact product is available in Coimbatore with quote price of 6.8 Lakhs !!! It's a Swedish make, imported.

I tried several hours for alternate options that don't break the bank and didn't find any thus far.
The other alternative options are to have a customised ramp for him to climb, but that's my last choice.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Just FYI - I'm based out of Bangalore.
Old 17th October 2021, 16:07   #33
BHPian

Hi all,

Wanted to check if there is anything new in this space. My daughter is a cerebral palsy kid. She cannot sit, stand or walk. I am planning to move towards an option where we could take her in a vehicle into which we could roll in her wheel chair. We are looking for an auto transmission option.
Old 21st December 2021, 07:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

A friend's mother recently became wheelchair bound. I was looking for transportation solutions that include a wheelchair being driven directly onto a vehicle. She doesnt need to drive, just to be driven around.

The handicappedpeople website no longer exists.

Grateful for any updated/inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to check if there is anything new in this space. My daughter is a cerebral palsy kid. She cannot sit, stand or walk. I am planning to move towards an option where we could take her in a vehicle into which we could roll in her wheel chair. We are looking for an auto transmission option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Dear Friends,
After spending several hours on the internet, I was reminded 'why not ask my team-bhp ?'.
My father has a partial stroke (paralysis), and he is OK as long as he can sit in Sedan (front passenger seat). Recently, we purchased t-fortuner, and he just cannot manage to climb up. We have a small car for him exclusively.

I was wondering if there is any way I could modify the t-fort front passenger seat to something like the one below. This exact product is available in Coimbatore with quote price of 6.8 Lakhs !!! It's a Swedish make, imported.

https://Youtu.be/d_i4T97goiU .

I tried several hours for alternate options that don't break the bank and didn't find any thus far.
The other alternative options are to have a customised ramp for him to climb, but that's my last choice.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Just FYI - I'm based out of Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif Sayani View Post
Hi,

My name is Asif and I am a Quadriplegic(spinal cord injury). I have no movement in my limbs and i use a wheelchair to move around. I currently own a TATA WINGER PLATINUM and I have slightly modified it to suit me. My usage of the car is only for recreational purpose, that is when i am out with my family or friends for drives, dinners & stuff. I hardly go inside restaurants so my Car is like my small RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy View Post
@ Blackwasp

Thank so much for all your efforts and for your inputs.

Please provide clarity for following doubts.

1) Is the middle-door wide enough for my wheelchair to enter inside ?
2) Do the car has 2+2 seating configuration ?
3) Isn't enough to remove one seat in 2+2 configuration to accommodate my wheelchair ?
4) Can i park my wheelchair in the 3rd row more easily than the middle row ?
5) Is Ertiga and Swift share same design platform ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
A very close friend's brother needs a wheel chair and they were similarly looking for a vehicle that met their needs, automatic being a major condition.

But, in his case, they needed a vehicle that could accommodate a wheelchair in the boot and have 6 seats. Ertiga was in contention, however the rear space was insufficient even for the non motorised folding wheelchair. Also, they found that the seat height from ground is very high. Currently they use a GT TSI. They booked the BRV for now.

But during the research for the car, Innova turned out to be the best except for one drawback - it's large size. So I would definitely recommend you the Innova. Also, do contact Ferdinand of http://www.handicappedpeople.com

Edit - if you don't mind TATA winger, they offer a high roof version that would be very spacious from the inside. I didn't mention it before as didn't see it in your choice. Also, it has rear doors, making entry easy. You would just need to add fitments to hold your wheelchair secure once inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yup, Ferdi is pretty much the best in this field. Call him; He will give you detailed instructions over the phone / email.

If you want him to work on the car, the Ford could be sent over to Mumbai via truck.
Old 13th December 2022, 16:40   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A colleague has a specially-abled daughter and she is wheelchair-bound. He is looking for help with a vendor/company that can help convert an Innova/any similar vehicle to be able to lift and place the Wheelchair inside. Vendor suggestions in Delhi-NCR will be helpful. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 19th December 2022, 13:01   #36
BHPian

Hi,

Why is no one considering the Mahindra Marazzo. It is also quite spacious and definitely easier on the wallet as compared to the Innova.
Old 19th December 2022, 13:09   #37
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

I need some advise. I have an elderly Mother who finds it difficult to climb on to my Scorpio. Despite having the built in side step most of the elders in my family do have a problem climbing on to the Scorpio.

Is there an easy workable solution, like a step or something which will make it easier for them to climb in and out. Even a simple tailor made stool or something should suffice . Of course it should be stable and convenient.

I am hoping someone would have faced a similar problem and worked out a solution which they can hopefully share with me.

Thanks in advance
Old 28th December 2022, 10:18   #38
BHPian

Hi,

I need help to check if anyone has installed swivel chair in Bangalore for their car and if you have contacts or leads to get it installed for wheelchair bound patients.
Old 6th November 2023, 21:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

I used to carry a wheelchair for a family member in my Chevy Sail UVA.

It was always a challenge to fold and put it inside the car.

This is such a cool design. I hope it becomes easily available and legally permitted. It will definitely help a lot of people.

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/...81112679288935

Most Viewed