skeptical about fixing them so never tried 55 40.74%
fixed them and very satisfied (as good as new!) 37 27.41%
fixed them but not happy with the results 32 23.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 15:39   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Dent scratch removal experience survey

i am averaging about one scratch/dent per month on my cars. how much more careful can i be when people are banging while i wait at a signal!! all minor so never bothered to get them fixed.. but i am just wondering what most people do..

Last edited by androdev : 26th November 2007 at 15:55.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

No dents, but scraches - mostly on the sides. I don't know they happened. Very minor but can ignore for a while. Let me fix all at one shot.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Had a couple of dents from small branches falling out of tree. Was lazy and was not cost effective to get them fixed, my mechanic was charging me 5k for these minor dents.
Then one awful day, a van jumped the signal and banged the driver's door. Was looking pretty bad, so had to fix it. So had my mechanic fix all the dents for 6k. Worked out pretty well for me.

Now my car is dent and scratch free for last 2 months ( touch wood)
Old 26th November 2007, 15:57   #4
BHPian

I have been getting scraches/dents all over my car, ever since I started running. The first dent was gifted by my friend, who was driving my car and a lady driver hit him from left side. After this car got few more dents by my elder brother/cousin,
Finally I decided to learn, How to say no, when someone wants to borrow your car".
I have not done any kind of denting/painting nor I have taken any insurance claim. Waiting for 1 Lakh KM done and will get the complete body work done.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:03   #5
BANNED

Thats great man. If you don't mind, could you share the secret?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Finally I decided to learn, How to say no, when someone wants to borrow your car".
Old 26th November 2007, 16:11   #6
BHPian

I am accumulating the scratches/minor dents and plan to remove them in January when I present my car with her first Birthday cake.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:24   #7
BHPian

I tried the rubbing thing..which mechanics have.. Its helpful in removing light scratches... but the moment the paint from body is taken off rubbing will not help..
Even i got a scratches on the driver side.. will be getting them fixed once move back to delhi ..
Old 26th November 2007, 20:12   #8
BHPian

I accumulated small dents and scratches for one year until a particularly deep scratch on a rear door inflicted by an autorikshaw. It was a rusty scratch so I got it (and all the others) removed as soon as possible for 9K at Allied Auto in Bandra. It looks as good as new.

Been driving very carefully since!

My bumpers still have some amount of dents and scratches (and even one small hole). I've been thinking about replacing them with something different when I've saved up some more cash.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have a Feb. 2005 NHC. It got a few minor bumps and scratches that I didn't bother fixing until this year, which wasn't a good one for the car. I got a nasty scratch early this year when I scraped against a pillar in my parking in a hurry to take the car out. I was thinking about getting that fixed when, a few weeks later, an autorickshaw went into the back of my car while I was standing at a red light. "brakes failed," said the driver. damage was substanital - rear bumper, tail lights and a big dent in the rear panel where a motorcycle, which was also hit by the same auto, fell on my car. Now I had no choice but to claim insurance and fix everything. total cost came to 25k - my tab about 4k. Honda fixed the aforesaid self-inflicted scratch and other assorted scrapes under the claim. Although I don't think very highly of Honda service, they did a fantastic repair job. Car is as good as new now.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:44   #10
BHPian

Someone banged the rear sidewall of my esteem with a knee. it was a round dent in the middle of the piece. got it fixed with some dry denting. No paint issue and no dent at all.

For me i can live with the car having scratch (can't help these) but dent is a nono
Old 26th November 2007, 20:51   #11
BHPian

7 months old swift.i dont let any dent or scratch remain for more than 1 day. so hv gone entel motors so many times now they do minor scratches for free...and hv started to keep my color premixed(azure gray).
total visits till now-7
total money spent-less than 5 k
Old 27th November 2007, 12:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

For cars with metallic paint, do they use regular paint on the plastic bumpers or is it metallic even for plastic bumpers? It looks like plain paint and not metallic on the plastic bumpers.
Old 27th November 2007, 13:01   #13
BHPian

I got a warm welcome to the club on Sunday when a 2wheeler parked on the road tried to reverse without looking who was on the other side.

Got a gash on the front passenger door and a small piece of paint chucked off from the rear passenger door. Stupid service guy at Mandovi, Coxtown said no way to fix it. But we all know how na

Planning to visit the Yeshwantpura Mandovi to get them done this weekend.
Old 27th November 2007, 15:41   #14
BHPian

I am really troubled by the accumulation of scratches on my car. A couple of them are by notorious guys with keys / sharp objects. One of these "key" scratches runs from the rear fender to the front fender right through the rear and front doors. I was really depressed when I saw this scratch. I was tempted to fix it (by 3M guys through Mitsubishi dealership).

I decided against fixing it - simple reason, there would be more. And there are more now, though not that serious (have to be contended about them not being serious )

When there is clean car, I now understand, some people get jittery and put their nails / marks / and what not on it. Just the way people are tempted to pluck flowers from show plants.

So goes my story... with a very evident car length scratch on my car!!!
Old 27th November 2007, 16:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

GSHA is your car an Ashton Grey Cedia Select? I once saw a car at the service center that had a long scratch right from the front fender to the rear door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks