Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 14:57   #1

Car alarm when all doors closed

HI guys,
I have installed centralized remote lock to my swift VXI car. But the problem is my brother always forgets to lock it after parking. So most of the times the car is parked without lock!!!
So I want my car to give a beep (Loud enough) sound when the key is removed and all the doors are closed. Is this possible? If so how?
Or else I want the car should be locked automatically when the key is removed and all doors are closed.
which is better?
Old 29th November 2007, 15:54   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj View Post
HI guys,
I have installed centralized remote lock to my swift VXI car.
Please mention the brand

Quote:
But the problem is my brother always forgets to lock it after parking. So most of the times the car is parked without lock!!!
give me your address

Quote:
Or else I want the car should be locked automatically when the key is removed and all doors are closed.
which is better?
use the active lock feature. check ur manual. i think it must be available in most of the new remote lock systems. this one will lock and arm the security alarm within a preset number of seconds after all doors have been closed.
Old 29th November 2007, 16:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
use the active lock feature. check ur manual. i think it must be available in most of the new remote lock systems. this one will lock and arm the security alarm within a preset number of seconds after all doors have been closed.
What if one forget to take the key out and close all the doors.
Situation: you meet your friend and stop the car, you get out, close the door and talks to him, click - there goes the car locked up.
Old 29th November 2007, 16:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you are using the Nippon, then this system of automatically locking after (say about a minute) is not available. This system is available with Autocop which I have installed in my car.
Old 29th November 2007, 17:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
What if one forget to take the key out and close all the doors.
Situation: you meet your friend and stop the car, you get out, close the door and talks to him, click - there goes the car locked up.

every technology has its -ves and +ves.
its only one's memory discipline that will help.

that's one reason why i have mine deactivated. but i remember to lock my car as i love its inside content a lot.

there is already a super large thread regarding this subject.

even the manufacturer runs a disclaimer / warning. so find your way out.

Last edited by gbpscars : 29th November 2007 at 17:23.
Old 29th November 2007, 17:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
Please mention the brand
Nippon
Quote:
I have checked it with nippon manual. But unable to find it. :(
Old 29th November 2007, 17:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check your alarm's user manual.. Normally, you will have to press some key combinations to activate or deactivate the Auto-lock or Auto-relock features.

On mine, its LOCK + UNLOCK pressed for 2 seconds with the key in the ignition. Yours could be different depending on the car alarm brand you have installed.
Old 29th November 2007, 18:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
If you are using the Nippon, then this system of automatically locking after (say about a minute) is not available. This system is available with Autocop which I have installed in my car.
This system is available in Nippon and I'm using this in my Swift. This feature is called passive locking. Just take care you don't leave the doors closed without taking the key out.
Old 29th November 2007, 18:33   #9
BHPian

The Baleno Vxi has a Nippon Security System as standard. There is an option to program the system to arm the alarm, but not lock the doors, about 30 seconds after all the doors have been closed. In this case, if you forget to lock the doors, at least the alarm system would be active. And if you forget the keys in your car, you can always open the doors and switch off the alarm. I came across this feature after my cousin had forgetten the keys inside the car and it autolocked itself. I then went through the manual and found out about this.
Old 29th November 2007, 19:05   #10
BHPian

Nippon too does it

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hi SN

The system is very much available in Nippon systems. It goes one step further. If you dont open the front doors within 30 secs of unlocking the car, it relocks itself. But it never acts if the key is in the slot.
I learnt this the hard way, I wanted to take something out of the rear seat, I opened the car, put the keys on the seat, took the stuff out just closed the door for a while and before I realised it the damn thing locked itself. So I was stranded outside with the key inside. How I solved the issue was another story though.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
But it never acts if the key is in the slot.
I learnt this the hard way, I wanted to take something out of the rear seat, I opened the car, put the keys on the seat, took the stuff out just closed the door for a while and before I realised it the damn thing locked itself. So I was stranded outside with the key inside.
never acts when the key is in the slot? could you please tell in which position? i dont think it can work with the key being just in the slot. it has to be in position for this lockout prevention to work.
Old 30th November 2007, 14:40   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But the problem is my brother always forgets to lock it after parking. So most of the times the car is parked without lock!!!
No offence, but I think its better to have your brother be more particular. Or work on his memory. Finding a way around "forgetting to lock the door" is not solving the root cause; you are merely solving an output of the real problem.
Old 30th November 2007, 15:29   #13
BHPian

Automatic operation of central lock ..

Quote:
never acts when the key is in the slot? could you please tell in which position? i dont think it can work with the key being just in the slot. it has to be in position for this lockout prevention to work.
Yes GBPS, as long as the key is in the key slot, I just went down and checked before writting the reply. Actually once the front doors are opened and closed the lock doesnt work automatically. But if after unlocking the front doors are not opened it locks the car within 45 seconds
Old 1st December 2007, 16:23   #14
BHPian

Check out the Model XS8500 in autocop. it has got this feature but have to activate it.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchatt View Post
Yes GBPS, as long as the key is in the key slot, I just went down and checked before writting the reply. Actually once the front doors are opened and closed the lock doesnt work automatically. But if after unlocking the front doors are not opened it locks the car within 45 seconds
Also, try this. Just unlock the FR RH door and keep the car. It will not lock the car at all. I did this experiment during diwali time as due to crackers bursting, often the car used to blow its siren. Then I kept open the FR RH door and the problem got resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks