Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 10:34   #16

Problem with my Getz

My getz(06) suddenly developed a sporty sound and I took it couple of Hyundai service centres. Diagnosis was the muffler(they call it dholki) was tore off internally but no external damage. They told me that I can continue using it with a sound compromise and no other issues. However after driving some 250kms I have noticed that the boot getys heated like anything. The complete rear side is very hot. Can someone help? Both my kids sit on the rear seat and I do not want to have any issues.
Regards
Mahesh
Old 31st May 2010, 11:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshbangali View Post
My getz(06) suddenly developed a sporty sound and I took it couple of Hyundai service centres. Diagnosis was the muffler(they call it dholki) was tore off internally but no external damage. They told me that I can continue using it with a sound compromise and no other issues. However after driving some 250kms I have noticed that the boot getys heated like anything. The complete rear side is very hot. Can someone help? Both my kids sit on the rear seat and I do not want to have any issues.
Regards
Mahesh

You can buy a after market end can if you are enjoying the sound, or else buy the OE end can from a spare parts shop(it will be a lot cheaper) and replace it.

I dont feel the end can will damage from inside like that, its better to get your car checked from a good independent mech, the damage might be in the intermediate pipe.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks