Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ cynerdie : Again : tell me something I don't know! Not a mere cut-copy-paste from their website.

you say you know everything then you ask basic questions like -

So then the tin works just like lead? Benefits would be restricted to engines that were designed for leaded fuel, but are currently running on unleaded.

Also, wouldn't this lead to engine deposits too

you asked these questions yesterday on the 22nd
cant understand you man , .

PS
about TIN : you do know that the 1 st ish rockets ever built by NASA could not get the power to escape earths "pull" - the solution? they added TIN to the fuel to aid the combustion process ! then they went into space

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2008 at 17:20. Reason: WATCH the tone.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:22   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
about TIN : you do know that the 1 st ish rockets ever built by NASA could not get the power to escape earths "pull" - the solution? they added TIN to the fuel to aid the combustion process ! then they went into space
Whew. I guess I will wait for Sideways results. That seems to be the only way to get something concrete out of this discussion.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:27   #33
BHPian

Guys, the tests I am doing now is to determine the fuel saving aspect of the device, which is regarded as an important issue as far as our country is concerned. To elaborate further we are carrying out this test on a 82.5 KVA generator.

In terms of increasing power, we have spoken to one of India's top tuners who has obliged our request. Again in this case however the tests will be done on engines mounted on bench dynos.

The fuel saving test should be complete by Monday and I will post results. I am informing all in advance, just in case people get dissapointed by not seeing figures relating to increase in power.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 23rd January 2008, 20:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dude, cyneverdie, first learn to post properly with punctuation. Your posts don't make any sense whatsoever. How about using the "Quote" function at the bottom right hand end of the page. It may be that I am retarded, but other people have said the same thing too. So do us all a favor and post sense.

And yeah, there's no point cluttering this thread with worthless argumentative crap. Might turn out to be an interesting thread after seeing Sideways' post.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 23rd January 2008 at 20:49.
Old 3rd February 2008, 05:08   #35
BHPian

1] fuelstar Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints
check out James Randi's forums on the fuelstar, GTO & Ananth will be happier than me

2] Going to do my own DYNO tests on it soon [couple of months{$$}]

3] in advance - nobody bring THIS site up please, its rubbish and has been discredited : Fuelstar does not work

4] car owners club - fuel star
Tin Leads in Fuel Change - AutoWeb News
Some say a scam, others say a star - 17 Jun 2006 - Motoring News - New Zealand Herald

Last edited by cyneverdie : 3rd February 2008 at 05:24.
Old 3rd February 2008, 07:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

1) The general consensus is IT DON'T WORK. However, I don't get why you thought I'd be happy about that. I would if I cared enough.

2) Yes, that's the way to go. And be sure to take all precautions like installation method etc. to make sure they don't debunk your test when you prove there's no gains.

3) Says who?

4) Good to know but it doesnt prove a thing.
Old 7th February 2008, 12:47   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
3] in advance - nobody bring THIS site up please, its rubbish and has been discredited : Fuelstar does not work
Hi there. I found that I was getting some traffic from India and wondered what it was about, and I found this thread. I must disagree with you, unfortunately.

As the owner and writer of that site, I won't dispute your contention that it's rubbish - to each his own, and my style certainly doesn't appeal to everyone - but I must take issue with your contention that it has been discredited.

Along with the information in the site, I'd like to add these salient points:

Two government departments are now involved with my investigation and campaign against Fuelstar. Both the Ministry of Economic Development, through the Commerce Commission's Fair Trading division, and the Ministry for the Evironment through its air pollution division are quite happy with my investigation and evidence so far.

Fuelstar has been tested at three universities under actual controlled and measured conditions. It failed to produce any results at all, on any of those occasions.

I have challenged the company to have the internationally-respected Auckland Uniservices, a division of University of Auckland's Mechanical Engineering School test the Fuelstar device - at my cost. I offered two alternative tests:

1 A test, using a late model car at Pukekohe Racetrack (a small GP circuit near Auckland)

2 A test using a tractor shifting specified, equal loads of sand on a flat surface.

I allowed a 24-hour period for testing to ensure that Fuelstar had time to "bed-in" despite their own technical expert insisting that it works immediately.

Neither the owner of the business, Mr Ian Cornelius, nor their scientist, Dr Jim Sprott will allow the tests to take place. Accordingly, I have asked Dr Sprott to devise a test himself which can be carried out in true scientific fashion to find out whether the device works and he has still not come back to me after three months. I have budgeted $NZ10,000 for testing someone else's device and they don't wish to avail of that offer. Note that I would have no involvement in test other than paying it. A truly impartial free test declined.

Mr Cornelius is well aware of my name, address and what I am saying about Fuelstar. My website clearly labels his product as phony and pseudoscience - "FUELSTAR DOES NOT WORK" couldn't be any clearer. As of today, he has made no requests to remove the website and has undertaken no legal action against me or my companies. Were I making false claims about his product, or had my claims been "discredited", I submit that Mr Cornelius would have well and truly sued me to pieces. I am very confident that Cornelius himself recognises that the device doesn't work. He has, however, created a confirmation bias in the minds of people as smart as Dr Sprott, who is rightly considered a Kiwi Icon.

So, please, do let me know where and how I have been "discredited".

And Kudos to ananthkamath for seeking evidence before accepting. I don't care which way you go, but it's a smart man who always checks first!
Old 8th February 2008, 06:16   #38
BHPian

Hey man - can we have your name man?
I am a part time journalist its my family business actually we own a newspaper , so i would love to follow this to the very end . I have family in NZ too so it shouldn't be too hard for me to follow this all the way through.
cheers and thank you .

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2008 at 15:01. Reason: Please do NOT quote the entire long message in your reply
Old 11th February 2008, 11:17   #39

No problems, but rather than post my personal details in here, if you'd like to either send a PM or e mail me, I shall let you know any other information required.

Cheers
Old 12th February 2008, 00:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

cyneverdie, you seem to be awfully interested in clearing up this whole fuelstar thing. Which begs the question: are you commercially connected with this product?
Old 12th February 2008, 05:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
cyneverdie, you seem to be awfully interested in clearing up this whole fuelstar thing. Which begs the question: are you commercially connected with this product?
Hell no !!
but i do own one....
Old 7th June 2008, 06:07   #42
BHPian

Found this had to post this ;

Will Update this topic soon again

From the website :

Most dynamometer graphs reveal an increase in power output of 6 to 9% immediately after installation followed by a further improvement of 6 - 9% within 5,000 kms of running, for a total of 10% and more.

The product can produce huge gains in power output and torque in turbocharged gasoline engines designed for high octane fuel when required to run on lower octane fuel. In these cases, the Fuelstar enables the turbo to run up to boost, thus providing substantial gains.

Last edited by cyneverdie : 7th June 2008 at 06:09.
Old 30th October 2008, 17:50   #43
BHPian

I got something similair - Fuelcat FUEL CAT - save money, reduce emissions, better fuel economy - petrol, diesel, gas and oil

Its not an in-lne unit but a drop in tank unit.

Not installed yet.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:09   #44
BANNED

Stay away from these kind of FE multipliers. 100% waste of money.
Old 15th November 2008, 14:05   #45
BHPian

There's definitely a torque/power increase after putting the alloy pellets in the tank. Requires lesser throttle

In cars there's an anti-siphon valve below the tank cap - so one has to open the rubber hose connecting the fuel tank & put it directly in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks