Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2008, 11:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'am still unable to get why do you want to install power steering for a M800. What is its usage? As it is it has the light steering.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:08   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
No need to post pics.I too have an 800
And for your question 'yes it will fit in the place where the master cylinder is present.No need to do anything..
thanx friend for ur suggestion
Old 21st January 2008, 19:02   #18
BHPian

Please do not mind me asking this. Do you feel the need for a powerful braking system on a Maruti 800?
Personal experience makes me feel that the present ones are capable of taking care of/anticipating every situation that requires hard braking, for speeds upto 70kmph. Didn't test beyond that. Are you referring to braking at high speeds?
Does the power brake suit the dynamics of the car? I've felt the car skid at times when the tyres are over-inflated to 29PSI under the existing braking system. Please do factor in such a case too, before you decide to go for one.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:32   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Please do not mind me asking this. Do you feel the need for a powerful braking system on a Maruti 800?
Personal experience makes me feel that the present ones are capable of taking care of/anticipating every situation that requires hard braking, for speeds upto 70kmph. Didn't test beyond that. Are you referring to braking at high speeds?
for me present brakes are not sufficient as i usually drive at high speed and whats the loss to have power brakes when all cars have it . have you ever tried m800 simple brakes when a person in front car with power brakes apply suddden brakes.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:57   #20
BHPian

Point noted . Perhaps the current brakes are suited for sedate driving patterns. Please do post details after getting this conversion done.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:17   #21
BANNED

ok sir i am going to put up new brakes in 10 to 15 days
Old 21st January 2008, 21:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Does the power brake suit the dynamics of the car? I've felt the car skid at times when the tyres are over-inflated to 29PSI under the existing braking system. Please do factor in such a case too, before you decide to go for one.
I somewhat agree to u on this one.For me the 800s brakes are capable enough for high speed driving too and i drive my car mostly on the highways at speeds of 100+most of the times and i find them sufficient enough and in panic braking even with my current unservoed brakes the front wheels lock up. So in high speed situations with servoed brakes i ll easily lock up.
If you are driving mostly in the city and the brake pedal with constant braking the servo is needed and good but if u want it specifically for the highway u can get into dangereous situations IMO
Old 21st January 2008, 23:36   #23
BHPian

Is it possible to add power windows to an 800 from the dealer?
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:37   #24
BHPian

@hy

I have a 2003 MPFi M800...
Do you think i should go for the servoed brakes...
Also please advise how do i go about checking for the mileage...
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:06   #25
BHPian

about power windows in 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Is it possible to add power windows to an 800 from the dealer?
May not be with the authorised dealer but but you can get aftermarket power windows for 800. A month back when i enquired about the pw with mithra agencies here, they said pw for 800 have been stopped but they are available for alto(funny excuse ,but the point is that window lifters for 800 and alto are a little different.So even in case of aftermarket fitments make sure it is for 800 only.)
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
for me present brakes are not sufficient as i usually drive at high speed and whats the loss to have power brakes when all cars have it . have you ever tried m800 simple brakes when a person in front car with power brakes apply suddden brakes.
quite true, by the time you manage stamp hard the brakes , you can find the car about kiss the bumper ahead. Harry wish you success with the project.
I read that 5-speed dx variants (2000-2003) have been produced with servo brakes , is it true? in that case then every other 800 also can be retrofitted with it ,right?

Last edited by deetee : 22nd January 2008 at 12:09.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:24   #27
BANNED

yes i have also heard that five speed maruti had sevoed brakes. i am looking for zen or indica servoe to fit it in my car .i am going to mechanic to get this job done in ten to 15 days.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:34   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
I have a 2003 MPFi M800...
Do you think i should go for the servoed brakes...
Also please advise how do i go about checking for the mileage...

if you are not satisfied by your present brakes then go ahead for servoed brakes.
the most simplest way to check your car mileage is dont refill your tank untill it is empty(remember to keep bottle of petrol in your car). when your tank is empty now put one liter petrol in your car .drive in same condition as you do regularly and check at which reading fuel tank is empty.you can now note your reading
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have carb M800 and I am also thinking on the same line for power assisted brakes. I drove one M800 with power brakes, and believe me I can feel the difference, brakes in that car was accurate. Also when I shift from My Indica to M800 I can feel the sluggishness in M800 brakes.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:58   #30
BHPian

I am driving M800 since last 7 years. After a year of usage I had decided for power brakes and service adviser advised me not to go for it. He had given me a test drive of powered brake M800 in rainy season at Katraj Ghat, Pune and I suddenly dropped the idea. I mostly drive in between 80-100. No problem with stock brakes till date.
My suggestion is to test it first and then go for it. Also make sure that all other drivers of your car have understand the power brakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks