Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:47   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW77 View Post
he had given me a test drive of powered brake M800 in rainy season at Katraj Ghat, Pune and I suddenly dropped the idea. I mostly drive in between 80-100. No problem with stock brakes till date.
can you plz explain in detail what problem you faced in power braked m800.
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
the most simplest way to check your car mileage is dont refill your tank untill it is empty(remember to keep bottle of petrol in your car). when your tank is empty now put one liter petrol in your car .drive in same condition as you do regularly and check at which reading fuel tank is empty.you can now note your reading
Am not sure if this is a good practice harry- because maruti 800 manual specifically says that tank should no be emptied .The reason it mentioned,as i remember , is that petrol tank has some kind of pressure which is lost when tank is emptied . Don't know of side effect though.
keep posted about the brake project harry, me too will get it done later.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:25   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Am not sure if this is a good practice harry- because maruti 800 manual specifically says that tank should no be emptied .The reason it mentioned,as i remember , is that petrol tank has some kind of pressure which is lost when tank is emptied . Don't know of side effect though.
keep posted about the brake project harry, me too will get it done later.
the reason for not emptying fuel tank is that if tank is empty air will be sucked by the fuel pump
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
can you plz explain in detail what problem you faced in power braked m800.
It tends to skid on wet surface. I was told the same by service adviser even.
While test drive I and adviser were in the car and I tried hard breaking few time. The whells got lock once and rear tyres slipped. I was told by service adviser to get it installed and take few precautions like correct tyre pressure, no worn out tyres at any time and caution driving on wet roads. I dropped the idea due to first 2 points. I was also worried about other drivers in the family.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:51   #35
BANNED

i have 13" aloys and 165/65 r13 tyres in my car so is this a plus point for power brakes as the car will not skid due to wider tyres . should i also put zens rotor to overcome the problem of skid or only wider tyres will help
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW77 View Post
I was told by service adviser to get it installed and take few precautions like correct tyre pressure, no worn out tyres at any time and caution driving on wet roads.
I think you have to take all these precautions, in any other car. So not all valid reasons for not going for Power Brakes

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd January 2008 at 11:38.
Old 13th February 2008, 22:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Is it possible to add power windows to an 800 from the dealer?
Hi ,
Yup it's possible to fit power windows on a 800 but i have word for u "Aviod".It's not worth getting fitted such electrical stuff which wont last long.Heck factory fitted power windows goes kaput after a year or 2,after market's just not worth spending money on.
Anyways .... think this way if the battery goes dead u wont be able to wind down the windows....
Old 13th February 2008, 22:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys i have 97 800 carb model.I have noted tat with 4 full sized adults and speeds around 80 the org brakes do feel a little inadeqaute.there have been times when i have literally mashed the brakes to the pedal to the floor just to get the car to stop.Certainly not a pleasant experience tat i have had.I would certainly go for power brakes if i had to brake like tat gain.
Old 13th February 2008, 23:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi Guys i have 97 800 carb model.I have noted tat with 4 full sized adults and speeds around 80 the org brakes do feel a little inadeqaute.there have been times when i have literally mashed the brakes to the pedal to the floor just to get the car to stop.Certainly not a pleasant experience tat i have had.I would certainly go for power brakes if i had to brake like tat gain.
Well i would say get your current brakes checked,pads cleaned,brake fluid bleeded or replaced if you have not done that since long,back drums,pads etc checked
I had recently been to mahabaleshwar with 5 of us in the car and the load goes like
1st friend: 127 kgs
2nd friend: 80 kgs
3rd friend: 80 kgs
4th friend:76 kgs
Me: 63 kgs
and luggage = 20 kgs
total = around 400 kgs in the car
And even with all this the brakes were perfect,we came back through the mahad way and in that road you have to brake frequently, overtake trucks and then again back in your lane when someone comes from the opposite direction but never ever faced a problem related to insufficient braking power and btw i have a 1998 modelled carburated 800
Old 14th February 2008, 08:33   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
you should get ur brakes checked or go for power brake theres no problem . i had got them installed in my m800 this week and they work quite well. only difference i have noticed is that the brake pedal has become lighter instead of pressing it hard you can press it lightly in case of sudden brake.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi humyum & harry,
thanks for the advice.will do.
Old 16th February 2008, 00:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,had given the maruti for a brakes overhaul today at sai service andheri.Turns out the master cylinder was defective and had to be replaced.Will get the car back tommorow.Thanks for the advice,don't know what would have happened if i had not send it for a brakes ovarhaul.I guess i can't tell the difference in brake pressure because i dont drive the car regulalry.Thanks humyum & harry :-)
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

I want to do following modifications in my Maruti 800 AC 2003 MPFI model. Since, this thread is already there so I am posting my queries in this thread.

Modification list:

1. Install Power Brake

2. Install Philips Rally 100/90 watt headlamps.

3. Horns (Roots ?). Since vehicle is 5 years old now. Stock horn is too creepy need to change.

4. Engine Oil upgrade? Should I go for MASS engine oil or some after market engine oil. Car servicing is due in this month and have to replace engine and gear oil.

5. I have a very good indian made fog lamps (55W). Illumination is quite good. But it is not fitted with Relay. Shall I need to add extra relay for fog lamps ?

6. Leather steering cover (Where shall I get it in Bangalore ?)

7. JBL/Pioneer 6X9 inch speaker at rear. Front I have 4 inch Kenwood speakers. HU is Sony Explod. Would it fit in current 6 inch round speaker place (side) ?

8. Stock ORVM of Maruti 800 as well as for Alto is not good. It is actually plain mirror. It gives too much reflection from vehicles behind. Can I upgrade it to convex mirror type with night driving.

9. I want to change sunfilm in my car. Currently it has dealer supplied films and I feel It is from some local brand. It got so many scratches. I want to go for Lumar/3M for better cooling and effect.

Where can I get all above things at one place (Except 1 & 4) in Bangalore? For 1 & 4 I will go to MASS (Mandovi most probably)

Also, in this thread I did not get satisfactory answer about installing power brakes. Current stock brakes are not good at all. Everytime during service I asked MASS people to check brakes thorougly but of no use. It is actually deteriorating. I have to go for power brakes.

More detail experince is needed regarding power brake in Maruti 800. The 5 gear version Maruti 800 DX had stock power brakes, So, why not in 4 gear 2003 AC MPFI variant of 800 ?
Old 11th October 2008, 21:18   #44
BHPian

no power brakes on 2000 5 speed mpfi

Hi,

I have a 5 speed mpfi 2000 model maruti 800 dx. It does not have power brakes and the braking is poor.

I also have another friend who has 2002 model mpfi 5 speed 800. It does not have power brakes/booster in it.

Just to clarify everyone that none of the maruti 800 out of the factory has power brakes/boosters.

I also feel like upgrading but still hesitant messing with the stock brakes.

I feel modulating the braking in my Swift after driving the 800 takes some time getting used to, every time I get into the swift.
Old 12th October 2008, 08:08   #45
BANNED

theres no problem with installing power brakes in 800 . i have got them in my 800.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks