Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2008, 21:42   #16
BHPian

dude...in swaps you are only limited by the size of your engine bay, and the size of your wallet. You may as well import a JDM engine, maybe that of the supra, or anything else that suits your budget....
Old 27th January 2008, 22:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
dude...in swaps you are only limited by the size of your engine bay, and the size of your wallet. You may as well import a JDM engine, maybe that of the supra, or anything else that suits your budget....
Do you think the Optra chassis will handle 600+ horses thrown out by the Supra engine? No ways. I sugest you drop the idea of the engine swap, since Optra's arent tuner friendly, buy a Jap car, a Honda City and swap a B16 or a Lancer and swap a Mivec. Optra's dont even have the handling to go along all that power you are expecting. I was planning to TC my Optra, but dropped the idea and if i want a road burner i would buy the Lancer and do the needful.

You can check this thread about a Optra with a turbo.
Old 27th January 2008, 22:54   #18
BHPian

since yours is a fairly new model you could sell the car and pick up a city and put a 180+ bhp engine in there for around 6l guessing the optra would sell for that much.
Old 27th January 2008, 23:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Do you think the Optra chassis will handle 600+ horses thrown out by the Supra engine? No ways. I sugest you drop the idea of the engine swap, since Optra's arent tuner friendly, buy a Jap car, a Honda City and swap a B16 or a Lancer and swap a Mivec. Optra's dont even have the handling to go along all that power you are expecting. I was planning to TC my Optra, but dropped the idea and if i want a road burner i would buy the Lancer and do the needful.

You can check this thread about a Optra with a turbo.
what i meant was you could put a powerful engine in it...well, if he wanted it to handle better, he can change the suspension...the optra is a decent car, and if he needs more power he can plop in a jap engine in it, it'll work just as well if a MiVEC or B16b can fit...the Optra is korean after all
Old 11th February 2009, 16:19   #20

You want speed, save your money & time, Go get a Ariel Atom

sss11

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks