Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 05:02   #1
BHPian

Best Headers for swift in india

Hey people ,
due to financial and harrowing family issues i cant go for a full free flow set up. If i could i would have gone REMUS all the way , love that sound , beautiful.

But since cows dont fly high and pigs are not rolling joints , i am looking for the best yet not so expensive headers available for a petrol swift.

My Mods : nothing really [ i am a realist ] but -

OWS plugs gapped at 1.1
K&N stock
mobil 1 / OWS fully synthetic oil with a K&N oil filter [ sealed stock oil filter had RUST in it !!!! {for the swift and the IKON which i checked out !!! } and trust me the K&N OIL filter makes a damn noticible difference ]
FUELSTAR
The best liquids i could get ie gearoil , coolants , etc
TLC [ tender loving care {between all the pushing} ]
A hard break-in period which i believed helped { not as hard as i should have gone , in hindsight }
205/55/15 S drives by Yokohama

So firstly tell me people what i can get most BANG for buck with??
{ I aint cheap i am broke and my sweet girlfriend is not even here anymore }

I am not so sure of BASIC porting and polishing , i do want the best port & polish though , hopefully a 3 ish angle valvejob , any users out there?

So , HEADERS : dump the CATCON , cooler happier engine some more HP right?
Right?????

Need some HEADERS which will suit my stock exhaust system.

The CHENNAI Speedworks guys have a hook up with a guy who's name i have forgotten , I believe he s really good .
Automech doesnt do custom jobs besides i want true gains in HP.
VIPER the snake - i need to meet , fast.
N1 & 4 seasons use automech headers.
AUTOPSYCHE aka Arush from Delhi a friends friend - need to call him and introduce myself , he is dedicated from what i know.
KS i spoke to him briefly he said , although i need to spend time with him , KS mentioned a Fuel pressure regulator - i think - along with TB enlargement.

So people - any suggestions for my next step??
HEADERS are cheapish and sound like a very logical next step.
I want POWER .
By the time i can afford 3-4 lakhs for a TIGHT Turbo set up this car will be long gone so i guess i will be following the NA route.
Besides rear wheel drive or AWD is the way to go , no options in that class for me yet.
Waiting for the new 140 ish HP lancer [ jan 09 ].
waiting for the Suzuki swift sports.[ later than sooner ]
waiting for the bigger engined petrol fabia [ doubt it , but i wonder what MTM will do to this Fabia 1.4 petrol ]
Fiat s coming with expensive HOT hatches too.

Help me people [ help the world too , however you can] , please and thank you.

take it easy boys
rock on
cy

Last edited by cyneverdie : 7th February 2008 at 05:04. Reason: i am high
Old 7th February 2008, 10:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

i am also thinking in your line.have seen a lot of threads regarding swift mods so dint bother to start a new one.we will together find what we want from this one .i had talked to viper regarding the F.F.E.ill be getting in touch with him this weekend for them and recaro seats-fake ones though,angel eyes.this should be enough for the time being for me.have got a ntf body kit.
ram
Old 7th February 2008, 13:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OWS plugs gapped at 1.1
K&N stock
mobil 1 / OWS fully synthetic oil with a K&N oil filter [ sealed stock oil filter had RUST in it !!!! {for the swift and the IKON which i checked out !!! } and trust me the K&N OIL filter makes a damn noticible difference ]
FUELSTAR
So how much do you think all the above mods are giving you? Why not dyno your car? Also read through this thread.
Old 7th February 2008, 13:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Aloha cyneverdie, when it comes to headers i totally trust my friend Keshav (Psycho) on doing custom jobs
Old 7th February 2008, 14:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think you can get VIPER headers too and they are many in mumbai who might have done that.
Old 7th February 2008, 14:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

OT but
Quote:
Waiting for the new 140 ish HP lancer [ jan 09 ].
whats this? Are we going to see a New lancer?
Old 7th February 2008, 14:30   #7
BHPian

As you are from Mumbai/Bombay maybe this link may give you some idea about the exhaust in Mumbai

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ms-mumbai.html
Old 7th February 2008, 15:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

cynerverdie - i think you should also change to a conical filter. it will give better gains than a stock replacement. you can get a ractive sf100 conical filter for about 2k. real value for money.
Old 8th February 2008, 06:04   #9
BHPian

BUSA : Hiya Busa not claiming any gains , but it sure feels right. Why dont you give me money to dyno my car , why dont you dyno your car , your the one who has spent cashish on it.

Autopsyche : Hey man , thanks for the input , highly appreciated , will call you anyways , probably coming to delhi next week for a short bit with some mates , would love to see your workshop and shop myself a bit too. I am not one to spend on cosmetics though like ram-hyundi . I want power so bad it hurts.

VJ : yeah man heard good things on Viper's headers , cheers

Madan : yeah man , chassis and structural rigidity is up more than 50 ish % over the loose cedia . It was in one of the car mags too

Kumar : yeah man , been in bombay me whole life . Thanks for pointing the thread out.

Akshay : Man in this lovely weather I am sure its a good scene but cometh the heat and i feel performance will go down . Was looking at the K&N apollo , just bought it for a friends B_day , put it in his esteem he s very happy. Second part of that present is a DYNO run at KS 's - whenever my friends free and in the mood .

But still no feedback on the fact that would just headers definately help me out??? Performance-wise . Happier engine right???

cheers people
Old 8th February 2008, 12:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
BUSA : Hiya Busa not claiming any gains , but it sure feels right. Why dont you give me money to dyno my car , why dont you dyno your car , your the one who has spent cashish on it.
Whats cashish?

Anyways are you going to put my stickers on your car for me to sponsor your run?

I will surely dyno my Swift Diesel, but only once i have completed modding it.

If your looking for performance, then get a Conical Filter, the stock replacement wont be getting as much as air as the Conical can.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

cy - i really think even in the got weather a conical or a cai would perform better than your stock replacement filter. An apollo will cost you 9k whereas you can get a full ffe for around 10k from vipers guy.
Old 8th February 2008, 16:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
cy - i really think even in the got weather a conical or a cai would perform better than your stock replacement filter. An apollo will cost you 9k whereas you can get a full ffe for around 10k from vipers guy.
firstly 7 K for an apollo , with a bill.
secondly man i have seriously spoken to alot of Tuners around India and its said in hushed tones but they all seriously said that an open filter is not worth it for daily use , with minimal gains and in certain conditions a dip in performance.
Track use is another thing.
More air IS great , a CAI sounds lovely too .
Old 8th February 2008, 19:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
have seriously spoken to alot of Tuners around India and its said in hushed tones but they all seriously said that an open filter is not worth it for daily use , with minimal gains and in certain conditions a dip in performance.
Track use is another thing.
More air IS great , a CAI sounds lovely too .
More air is great, you said it man. Thats the reason you should go in for a conical. Well with 10-11k you may manage a conical + FFE from Viper as Akshay put it.
If you're gonna get both from Viper maybe he'll throw in a discount
The immediate above sentence has a disclaimer attached to it
Seriously, the guys who are advising you as thus are in most probability dealers or those who have been conned into putting the more expensive stuff from dealers, so they believe so.
My two bits:
The problem with most Filter installations is that they are not given enough space or appropriate placement in the engine bay resulting in them puling in hot air, something they were not supposed to do in the first place. Just plonking in a Filter like that will definitely get a dip in performance in certain conditions say like expressway driving. If installed properly, it is superbly efficient. I know as i have changed my placement at last three times to arrive at the best place.
Old 9th February 2008, 05:01   #14
BHPian

V16 :quote
The problem with most Filter installations is that they are not given enough space or appropriate placement in the engine bay resulting in them puling in hot air, something they were not supposed to do in the first place. Just plonking in a Filter like that will definitely get a dip in performance in certain conditions say like expressway driving. If installed properly, it is superbly efficient. I know as i have changed my placement at last three times to arrive at the best place.[/quote]

hey man , cheers on that but the dip in performance is in city driving NOT on the expressway where it is actually worth it.

I know you use KS 's services and Vipers too , hope they know where you have placed your filter because i am going to ask them.
KS is installing CAMS on a friends swift tomorrow i will try to be there , harrow him for info.
But cheers man much appreciated.
thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks