Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 00:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, there was a lancer with 1.8L petrol engine. If you cant afford the mivecs or the evos you can think over this 1.8L. BTW, is this engine made by HM? in that case the availability should not be an issue and so for the spares.

raj
Old 12th February 2008, 01:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

the 1.8 came on the Invecs model with the trip tronic gearbox, i had this car for a few months and to be honest the stated 120bhp did not feel worth 100bhp when on the road, it was only a tad bit faster than the stock lancer and the sluggish shifting of the auto transmission only slowed it further!
Old 12th February 2008, 10:28   #18

Thanks Arush for being so helpful....it would be nice if u mail me ur contact number too along with the details.

Arush what other things / changes that u recommend to a stock lancer (not in terms of performance modifications) but in terms of making it more reliable and better (considering most lancers running on road nowadays are fairly old)

Thanks guys for all ur help, and as far as suggestion for the 1.8 model is concerned, i absolutely agree with Arush. 1.8 model not only generated a poor reponse from buyers in comparison to the stock lancers, but i also believe getting a MIVEC or EVO engine makes more sense (which i think are more powerful and dependable engines worldwide)
Old 12th February 2008, 16:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

1.8 and 1.6 Mivec share a lot, IIRC. You could put the 1.8 bottom half, or turbo the 1.8, since that came as a 4G93T, if it's the same block.
Old 18th June 2008, 04:43   #20
BHPian

Even though we all talked about the engine swaps and lancer3 kept on asking for the cost involved, no one managed to reply on the cost?
i really have to know how much is this engine swap in a lancer gonna be! cause if it too high i have to find other ways
Old 30th September 2011, 15:59   #21
BHPian

Re: Engine Swap options for Lancers

Guys i need a help here. Can anyone tell me where I can get a evo 5/6 engine? Need it urgently. Also if you can quote the approx cost of it, it'll be of great help.
Old 30th September 2011, 17:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
Guys i need a help here. Can anyone tell me where I can get a evo 5/6 engine? Need it urgently. Also if you can quote the approx cost of it, it'll be of great help.
It do es not stop at the engine, the gearbox has to be changed as well. and then if you change the gearbox the car needs an all wheel drive conversion. You are looking at a 12-13 lac expense(that's what KS quoted me). if you want a fun to drive car get a MIVEC. it will cost you in the range of 2 lacs and will have 200 BHP, get the 1.6 MIVEC not the 2.0, Also once you source one also let me know . Somewhere in trissur there are 10-15 engines lying let me see if they are worth something.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 21:28   #23
BHPian

Ok. Thanks for the info. Can anyone tell me where they will be available in mumbai?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar_gogoi View Post
Ok. Thanks for the info. Can anyone tell me where they will be available in mumbai?
Check the tuners directory

Pramod
Old 31st August 2019, 08:55   #25

Hi All

Anyone looking for a donor lancer for parts?
I have a 2000 petrol lancer just sitting. It’s in running condition. The battery is dead but a charge and oil change will have her running.

Do let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks