Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 15:52   #1

Engine Swap options for Lancers

Hi, I am a lancer fan and love driving it, my car is an absolute marvel...as any lancer fan would swear by .But i would just like to know what is the average life of a lancer engine (anyone here who has a high mileage lancer still going strong?)and what is the best option....engine overhaul or a swap? read somewhere in the forum that MIVEC engines do form a suitable alternative....experts plz guide me and let me know whom to contact for a engine overhaul or for swap with MIVEC engine in Delhi
Old 8th February 2008, 19:16   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANCER3 View Post
Hi, I am a lancer fan and love driving it, my car is an absolute marvel...as any lancer fan would swear by .But i would just like to know what is the average life of a lancer engine (anyone here who has a high mileage lancer still going strong?)and what is the best option....engine overhaul or a swap? read somewhere in the forum that MIVEC engines do form a suitable alternative....experts plz guide me and let me know whom to contact for a engine overhaul or for swap with MIVEC engine in Delhi
hello
mivec is a good idea but evo is a better option to go for a lancer swap u have 4wd, AYC, ABS,and last u have a 4G63 engine... all u need to decide u want evo4,evo5 or evo6 ur car will be complete evo from the interior and extrior
dash board
side trim
stering wheel
seat;s
front bumper with sprinklers for ur intercoole
side skirts
rear bumper
head and the tail lamps
bonet
dicky
evo cluster
evo 6 comes with the wide body
Old 8th February 2008, 19:42   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dunno about Delhi try asking iraghava for more info on MIvec And EVO swaps for the lancer
Old 8th February 2008, 19:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im sure Delhi has its share of reputed tuners and persons specializing in such swaps but Bombay and Bangalore comes in to mind. You will find the bottom three most helpful for your query, although I will recommend any one of these - in no order of preference;

1) Karan Shah of K.S. Motorsport, Mumbai
2) Jignesh Goradia of Viper Performance, Mumbai
3) Keshav Aurora aka Psycho, Bangalore.

There re other reputed persons too but I do not know them personally so I have not mentioned their names. The above mentioned have carried out successful swaps in their own and other(their clients) cars with success. Karan, I know, specializes in Lancers even having done Evo swaps besides Mivecs. please P.M. them for details. as they are luckily our forum members.
Old 8th February 2008, 20:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
experts plz guide me and let me know whom to contact for a engine overhaul or for swap with MIVEC engine in Delhi
Contact Autopsyche, he is by far the best in Delhi to tune/mod you car.
Old 8th February 2008, 20:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at these threads

Evo 6 swap done by KS Motorsports in Mumbai

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ehind-you.html

Sideway's MIVEC Lancer

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cer-mivec.html

Drunk_Monkey's Engine swap thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ransplant.html

Last edited by khanak : 8th February 2008 at 20:55.
Old 8th February 2008, 21:22   #7
BANNED

Also worthy of note here is ELECTRA PERFORMANCE at Chennai. Experts in engine swaps.
Old 9th February 2008, 02:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Mate you should not have even asked any question here having Autopsyche in your city. He is the best person for mods at any level. Let us know once you have met him, Iam sure you will have a very clear picture as to what you need after a discussion with him. So let the mods begin
Old 9th February 2008, 14:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

I got my Lancer done by Autopsyche. I can assure you he's the best in teh business here in Delhi / Gurgaon.

As for the engine overhaul vs tranplant... they are completely 2 different things. In terms of cost as well performance.

Guess speaking to Arush @ Autopsyche will give you answers to all your querries.

Take a look at my thread on the NEWLY MODDED LANCER. It may help you get an insight

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 9th February 2008 at 14:30.
Old 9th February 2008, 14:41   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Since Autopsyche can psyche an engine at any level please could you ask him for a set of Vitara pistons 75.5mm for raciong use with 9:1 ratio compression (ask him for which car this would be used? and whats the difference when running 9:1) Tuner info.
Old 9th February 2008, 14:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Lancer3, you can test drive a Mivec transplanted Lancer at our workshop anytime over the next week.

There are plenty of high mileage lancers running arund, ive seen cars putting over 1.5lac kms on the odo still running fine as long as theyre maintained regularly. Overhauling will bring you back to stock power, transplants can be done for more power development. Other engine options that are available for the lancer that can be done are 2.0 V6s and Evo 4/5 conversions tha armotorsport has mentioned in detail.

Cheers,

Arush
Old 9th February 2008, 15:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Since Autopsyche can psyche an engine at any level please could you ask him for a set of Vitara pistons 75.5mm for raciong use with 9:1 ratio compression (ask him for which car this would be used? and whats the difference when running 9:1) Tuner info.
Why don't you ask him yourself? And depends on which engine you're using them Vitara/Baleno pistons on.
Old 9th February 2008, 21:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
We dont have a messenger service here .
Old 11th February 2008, 10:31   #14

cheers:Thanks Guys for the quick replies...Thanks Arush for the help(and the invitation for the test drive). Have been an admirer of ur work since always....specially since i spotted a blue lancer done by u (since it had autopsyche written over it....and the other amazing part that i heard is...it was running on CNG with rally seats and FFE and all)..........
Arush would like to know wats the average cost for the engine overhaul for lancer or getting a MIVEC or EVO engine transplant (an approximate cost for both will do)...........also would love to know whether K&N or piper or any such air filter has to be fitted essentially along with the FFE fitting (coz i am just game about that heavy bass sound), or we can just put an FFE without the air filter replacement.
I essentially dont wanna go for a body kit change (i have a OEM kit fitted already) but want a FFE and a suitable engine option for my car
Old 11th February 2008, 21:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing Lacer3, I shall mail u the details. I know the lancer you are talking about, it definitely has the goodies and the owner runs it on cng with ffe and air filters and rally seats. the owner is a pretty well known dj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks