Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 19:53   #1

Meguiars and Turtle Wax in Bangalore.

Hello All,

I am planning to by either Meguiars and Turtle Wax in Bangalore for my SX4. Has anyone bought the above wax recently in Bangalore. If yes, can somebody post the address along with price/product details.

I tried to contact authorized dealer of Meguiras in Malleshwaram and they have stopped selling it. Car Shringar on JC road does not have the above ones.

Please help.
Regards,
Rajesh.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:25   #2
BHPian

Hey are you interested only in these brands?there are other good wax polishes like sonax and vista which are widely available.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:35   #3
BHPian

Check out shop in complex near richmond circle.

I use Turtle, i got it from Technical parts co. importer for Turtle range.

I know meguiars is also very good but not found them...

Sonax is also of euqual lines products official supplier for mclaren, you can get them at Shell outlets
Old 12th February 2008, 14:41   #4
BANNED

Hey buddy, how is Formula 1 wax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL View Post
Hey are you interested only in these brands?there are other good wax polishes like sonax and vista which are widely available.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

^^Crap compared to turtlewax.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:53   #6
BHPian

Yes, Formula wax you get in the market are99% duplicate stuff...

But as i posted earlier none of waxes be it original or duplicate do only good to car as the basic property of wax is to return gloss finish.

Duplicates just last only 2-3 days or a week max( with normal dusting), a good qtly lasts little more... but also ensures it covers up the hairlines scratches and removes roughnes...

You can infact check out waxpol of india this neat stuff, genuine and quiet economically.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:59   #7
BANNED

Thanks all. My friend bought Formula 1 wax from a local auto accessories shop for Rs 300. No idea if its genuine or not. Shine is very good and lasts more than a week.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:25   #8
BHPian

Price dosen't point as original or duplicate. Any wasy formula 1 wax should not cost more than 250 bucks.... bargain
Old 12th February 2008, 16:32   #9
BHPian

Sonax is way better and vfm, you can purchase them from any shell outlets though.

OT: Rajesh you have selected a nice user name tavakari...

Last edited by praJEEP : 12th February 2008 at 16:34.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:33   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Check out shop in complex near richmond circle.

I use Turtle, i got it from Technical parts co. importer for Turtle range.

I know meguiars is also very good but not found them...

Sonax is also of euqual lines products official supplier for mclaren, you can get them at Shell outlets
Thanks for your advice. I found out Technical parts co. address from net and the phone no's are outdated. Can you give me their updated phone no's so that i can call and place the order.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Rajesh.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:46   #11
BHPian

praJEEP, what's the cost of Sonax and how much quantity.
Old 12th February 2008, 18:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

i use 3M liquid wax regularly. it is very easy to use and does not leave any white marks on the plastics if you accidentally touch them. fantastic shine, but i am not sure about how long it lasts compared to the others.

i used formula1, and it is harder to use than 3M and i could not tell the difference in the finish.

the lesson i have learned is: i really doubt there will be noticeable finish difference between different wax brands. just stick to what is easy to use. IMHO, 3M is really great in the ease of use department.

i buy my 3M supplies from Metro (yeshwantpur) - includes Shampoo, yellow microfiber towels, glass cleaner, wax, leather cleaner, vinyl cleaner and tire shine.

I don't mind giving Meguiras a try as I have heard great things about their wax. But I thought they are not available here.

BTW, How to make those rubber mould strips on the door panels really dark?
Old 12th February 2008, 21:19   #13
BHPian

3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i use 3M liquid wax regularly. it is very easy to use and does not leave any white marks on the plastics if you accidentally touch them. fantastic shine, but i am not sure about how long it lasts compared to the others.

i used formula1, and it is harder to use than 3M and i could not tell the difference in the finish.

the lesson i have learned is: i really doubt there will be noticeable finish difference between different wax brands. just stick to what is easy to use. IMHO, 3M is really great in the ease of use department.

i buy my 3M supplies from Metro (yeshwantpur) - includes Shampoo, yellow microfiber towels, glass cleaner, wax, leather cleaner, vinyl cleaner and tire shine.

I don't mind giving Meguiras a try as I have heard great things about their wax. But I thought they are not available here.

BTW, How to make those rubber mould strips on the door panels really dark?
Thank you for the info ndrodev on "i buy my 3M supplies from Metro (yeshwantpur) - includes Shampoo, yellow microfiber towels, glass cleaner, wax, leather cleaner, vinyl cleaner and tire shine."

I was just looking out on TBH from where to pick them up
Old 12th February 2008, 22:11   #14
BHPian

I have been using meguiars for the past 2 years and would recomend it to everyone! It gives an amazing deep shine and lasts for long. Try meguiars once and you will not regret it as it is much much better than turtle wax also!
Old 18th February 2008, 11:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimaniac View Post
I have been using meguiars for the past 2 years and would recomend it to everyone! It gives an amazing deep shine and lasts for long. Try meguiars once and you will not regret it as it is much much better than turtle wax also!
Any idea, where you get Meguiars in Bangalore? I got Turtle wax, door delivered in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks