Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:23   #46
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Strangely- turtle website does not show the platinum series wax or any platinum products which are sold by Xenos in india
Is this a case of fake or just that discontinued products?
Planning to get Able Auto and Turtle to see which is better from Coimbatore. Got many friends in bangalore who travel there and seems like there is a Xenos shop there...
Old 28th October 2009, 12:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Strangely- turtle website does not show the platinum series wax or any platinum products which are sold by Xenos in india
Is this a case of fake or just that discontinued products?
Planning to get Able Auto and Turtle to see which is better from Coimbatore. Got many friends in bangalore who travel there and seems like there is a Xenos shop there...
There's a xenos shop in jayanagar, I bought my wax and waterless car wash from there. Here's the address Xenos Technologies Limited, Jaya Nagar 2nd Block, Bangalore|Xenos Technologies Limited Automobile Accessories in Bangalore- asklaila
Old 28th October 2009, 13:51   #48
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
There's a xenos shop in jayanagar, I bought my wax and waterless car wash from there. Here's the address Xenos Technologies Limited, Jaya Nagar 2nd Block, Bangalore|Xenos Technologies Limited Automobile Accessories in Bangalore- asklaila
hey thats great- btw i see that you found able wax the best? Did you also compare with turtle wax and meguiars nxt?
I am thinking which one is the best among
1.Turtle Platinum
2. Able Liquid Wax
3. Meguiars NXT
Going by the price 3 should be the best( which is if higher priced- quality shld be better!!!)
Old 28th October 2009, 15:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

I've read quite good reviews about Meguiar's NXT wax!

Check out Amazon.com reviews on the above mentioned products too!
Old 28th October 2009, 16:44   #50
BHPian

Any polish available for the chrome mudguards on my RX ?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
hey thats great- btw i see that you found able wax the best? Did you also compare with turtle wax and meguiars nxt?
I am thinking which one is the best among
1.Turtle Platinum
2. Able Liquid Wax
3. Meguiars NXT
Going by the price 3 should be the best( which is if higher priced- quality shld be better!!!)
I've compared abel auto's wax with formula 1 wax and the abel's wax impressed me more than the F1 wax, Turtle wax platinum and abel auto's wax are more or less the same,
Meguiar's NXT is the best wax avaiable in the market and it is priced at 1.7k here in India, A better plan would be to buy abel auto's wax. Priced right and stays long. Try getting the NXT wax from someone coming from the US.

Check this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...hetics-10.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Any polish available for the chrome mudguards on my RX ?

Thanks in Advance.
Try finding chrome polishes meant to be used on cars.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:17   #52
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've compared abel auto's wax with formula 1 wax and the abel's wax impressed me more than the F1 wax, Turtle wax platinum and abel auto's wax are more or less the same,
Meguiar's NXT is the best wax avaiable in the market and it is priced at 1.7k here in India, A better plan would be to buy abel auto's wax. Priced right and stays long. Try getting the NXT wax from someone coming from the US.

Check this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...hetics-10.html

Try finding chrome polishes meant to be used on cars.
EVO in bangalore has some turtle wax still available. I got the hard shell wax and the liquid- will try them tomorrow.
They also have armour all products.
Am trying to get some Meguiars stuff from Singapore, if not will get them from US for sure.
Will try out a few things and see which one is the best( if i find something better than my current products)
Is the wax supposed to be put just after the car wash or i can wash,polish and then wax?
Old 31st October 2009, 00:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
EVO in bangalore has some turtle wax still available. I got the hard shell wax and the liquid- will try them tomorrow.
They also have armour all products.
Am trying to get some Meguiars stuff from Singapore, if not will get them from US for sure.
Will try out a few things and see which one is the best( if i find something better than my current products)
Is the wax supposed to be put just after the car wash or i can wash,polish and then wax?
I've heard about evo, where is it located? Meguiar's NXT wax is simply superb, not even close to turtle wax.
Old 31st October 2009, 14:00   #54

Turtle Wax products are shortly being launched imported by Xenos and they will be appointing distributors shortly. The goods have not reached all channels of distribution hence you don't see their information anywhere online. They are getting the latest range of Turtle Wax products. Very different from what most consumers have been purchasing in the past. I've seen the samples...amazing stuff. Even Meguiar's is expected to grow big in 2010 all around India once the tie-up of 3M & Meguiar's happens in India. Look forward to a full range of their products available everywhere!
Old 1st November 2009, 12:13   #55

Where can I buy CarPolish in Bangalore

Guys, Where can I buy 3M/Turtle polish in Bangalore? (preferable north east side of blr)
Old 1st November 2009, 12:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgurnani View Post
Turtle Wax products are shortly being launched imported by Xenos and they will be appointing distributors shortly. The goods have not reached all channels of distribution hence you don't see their information anywhere online. They are getting the latest range of Turtle Wax products. Very different from what most consumers have been purchasing in the past. I've seen the samples...amazing stuff. Even Meguiar's is expected to grow big in 2010 all around India once the tie-up of 3M & Meguiar's happens in India. Look forward to a full range of their products available everywhere!
They are already launched and available at the xenos website,
I've ordered a tire shine

Pages 3, 4 and 5

Xenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanverdes1 View Post
Guys, Where can I buy 3M/Turtle polish in Bangalore? (preferable north east side of blr)
3M products are available at many car accessory shops, Metro cash&carry has a wide range of 3M products, Turtle wax can be ordered from the above link.

P.S- The Turtle wax platinum wax available at the xenos website is a cleaner wax and is not meant to be used frequently.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:47   #57
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are already launched and available at the xenos website,
I've ordered a tire shine

Pages 3, 4 and 5

Xenos

3M products are available at many car accessory shops, Metro cash&carry has a wide range of 3M products, Turtle wax can be ordered from the above link.

P.S- The Turtle wax platinum wax available at the xenos website is a cleaner wax and is not meant to be used frequently.
Tell me more about the platinum wax- when you say not to be used frequently, what do you mean
Normally a wax should be applied around once a month-right?
How often do you apply the able wax? The turtle platinum should be applied with the same frequency or more?
BTW EVO is in Cambridge Layout, PM me if you need the number etc. Blue Raven on this forum is the owner in fact
THanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Tell me more about the platinum wax- when you say not to be used frequently, what do you mean
Normally a wax should be applied around once a month-right?
How often do you apply the able wax? The turtle platinum should be applied with the same frequency or more?
BTW EVO is in Cambridge Layout, PM me if you need the number etc. Blue Raven on this forum is the owner in fact
THanks
The site says:
"Contains polishing agents to remove light oxidation and stubborn road film."
The wax which is available at the Xenos site is a CLEANER wax which contains abrasives to remove oxidation on neglected cars, It is just like sandpapering your car to remove the oxidised layer, I have a black car which is very prone to swirl marks and i stay away from cleaner wax such as F1 and TW platinum cleaner wax.

As to how often i apply abel auto's wax(This is a wax without any abrasives), May be once in 30-45 days, or whenever i notice water not gliding off the paint quickly or when ever i feel the surface is not smooth to touch. Manufacturers say "wax your car twice a year" but the thing is, Here in India, The sun glows to all its glory, Dust accumulates quickly and the wax layer rips off very very soon, I suggest you to wax your car with a normal wax(not cleaner wax) once a month.
And thanks for evo's details, i've sent him a Pm
Old 5th November 2009, 10:48   #59
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Kl

Has anyone got an experience of buying the high quality stuff in KL(malaysia?)
Any of the following
Turtle Wax
Meguiars
3M
If so- what would be the cost? I am soon to travel and will be stopping in KL and can pick up whats available and best. I saw that megs prods are exp there- around the same as in india, not sure about the rest..
Old 9th November 2009, 11:24   #60
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Meguiars from US

Quote:
Has anyone got an experience of buying the high quality stuff in KL(malaysia?)
Any of the following
Turtle Wax
Meguiars
3M
If so- what would be the cost? I am soon to travel and will be stopping in KL and can pick up whats available and best. I saw that megs prods are exp there- around the same as in india, not sure about the rest..
Hi Megs lovers
I have finally come to the conclusion that megs prods are THE best amongst all choices so going to give them a try. Since they are cheapest only from the US, i have tried all my sources to get some of them from the US.
A friend who runs own business has told me he can try and get stuff from there along with his consignments that come( not sure as of now)
I wanted to offer this ONLY for TBHP friends- if i can arrange to get some of megs stuff from US, who all would need and what all products.
Please PM me with your request, i cannot assure but can try and get some
Please note the price will be little more than what we can get online from there, about 30% more cause of charges incurred etc. However it will still be waaay cheaper than what we get in india.Ex: Nxt Tech Wax may come for about Rs 1000..
Kindly note- i am not into selling etc and this is only to help out a few who want megs products so msg me only 1-2 things that you want not more.. and also cannot assure if anything would come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks