Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 13:06   #16

Hi Guys,

thanks for your comments and suggestions -I took this baby to Ladakh in July and it was a blast - never had so much fun on a long trip before. Here are some of the pics from the trip :

Ladakh Trip - July 2008 - a set on Flickr

@amit V8
rounded lights and chrome less grill are going to be the next iteration - planning to get that done in the next couple of months.

the rear doors do come off if I feel like it.

will look into the fog lights.

@blueraven316

as you will see from the latest pics on thr ladakh trip -the rims infact have been changed :-)

@kryogesh

I got this done in Nagpur - got a very good mechanic who was more interested in this as a project rather than a commercial venture.

the back has only enough space for 2 doors - and I got custom covers made for the doors that are foam filled to keep them scratchless.

softop - you can see more pictures in the ladakh trip gallery above.

I can get you the custom breakdown - but will have to do that in the evening sometime

The mudguards and bumper were all custom built by hand.
ankurv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2008, 13:10   #17

GTO

I haven't observed any problems in the stability of the vehicle on the road - and I have driven it on some of the more extreme roads past july. Never once did the vehicle feel out of control on the straight highways or the hairpin bends.

Ankur
Old 7th July 2009, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can only imagine what it has done to the Bolero's road behaviour. Driving this Bolero is a suicidal exercise....stability down in the pits!

Sorry but thumbs down.

Dont care too much for the design myself,..but why should the stability be affected in a Ladder on frame set-up. If he had chopped off a monocoque design the structural itegrity would certainly come in question.

But with a frame bolted on chassis I dont think so !
Old 8th July 2009, 10:59   #19
BHPian

Strict no-no ..
Old 8th July 2009, 12:04   #20
BHPian

Firstly, lets start with the positive, the paintjob and shade looks good, I like it.

1) Why do you have a 'Rubicon" decal when this is clearly not one, does not fool anyone.
2) You have fender flares installed and yet have not widened the track to match the flares, this makes the thing look like Mayawati with Kareena's legs.
3) I realise you went on hairpin bends but have you tried rockcrawling or any such activity, I would like to know if the body dynamics have been affected in such conditions.
4) Like mentioned earlier by somebody the curved windshield does not look great dropped down like that.

You would have been better off getting a nice paintjob, fender flares and some wide offroading tyres, but then again its your vehicle and your money so if you like it forget what everyone else says.
spawnofsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2009, 14:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurv View Post
here is a modified bolero in Nagpur - originally it was a Mahindra Bolero GLX.

hope you guys like it.

-Ankur
Not to dissappoint you ankur, but the jeep in its current form is a no-no for me. But nothing to despair, some changes will make it look definitely hot. Few suggestions.

1. Get a better color on your ride. Red , black and yellow would look real cool. Stick to the basic colors. This is supposed to be macho ride so a strict no no to shiny/metallic silverish blue, greenish blue, goldenish green stuff. Just my opinion though.

2. You defenitely need better rubber. Get some real offroading tyres so that they atleast match the fender flare.

3. Get a cool bull bar with a winch.

4. I feel the jeep would look better with the fixed normal front window setup. The folded down thingy defenitely spoils the looks.

5. Get the spare wheel mounted on the bonnet. (ha..ha..maybe impractical but if i had one i wold love to do that.)

6. You should have atleast kept the roof above the front driver part. With the entire roof gone it looks totally bald. It is okay with SWB's but doesnt really look neat on LWB.

7. Get some good fog lamps or extra hellas in the front.

8. If possible do something with the front grille.

9. Check out the thread with some jeeps modified at hyderabad. You will get a lot of ideas.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Modified Bolero Pics

hi posting a pic of bolero which belongs to a friend.
Modified Bolero Pics-jaspreet-singh-ahluwalia.jpg

source facebook.com
mods please move/merge if needed.
Old 29th June 2011, 17:11   #23

Re: Modified Bolero Pics

That looks really nice. Does anyone have pictures of my old Bolero?? She deserves to be here too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks