Team-BHP - Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance Mods for Elantra CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36770-performance-mods-elantra-crdi-10.html)

@TADUKUTTAN
Thanks for the shorrt n sweet review mate,thats just unbelievable to hear.Diesel clatter gone plus more power at low rpms :Shockked: Is the power drop in high rpms significant or manageable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144175)
If you are thinking in terms of a twin turbo would it not be better to put the VGT turbo of the Captiva since they share the same engine and you already have a bigger intercooler. All this if you have access to a Dyno and a fresh ECU plot of the Captiva.

elantra and captiva share the same engine? are you serious? we arent talking about the optra magnum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1144220)
elantra and captiva share the same engine? are you serious? we arent talking about the optra magnum.

I think he's right. As per the specifications, the Captiva's engine is similar to Elantra..
Even i wasn't aware of this until now.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1144220)

Yes all the three share the same engine. The Magnum, Captiva and the Elantra and also the defunct suv from Hyundai the name of which I forgot; but its got the 2 liter engine of the 3 vehicles..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1144235)
I think he's right. As per the specifications, the Captiva's engine is similar to Elantra..
Even i wasn't aware of this until now.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144237)
Yes all the three share the same engine. The Magnum, Captiva and the Elantra and also the defunct suv from Hyundai the name of which I forgot; but its got a 2 liter engine of the 3 cars..

ok. im still not totally convinced though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144237)
Yes all the three share the same engine. The Magnum, Captiva and the Elantra and also the defunct suv from Hyundai the name of which I forgot; but its got the 2 liter engine of the 3 vehicles..

Hyundai TUCSON or Tu - sawn ?
One of the finest SUV's ever sold in India but sadly never made an impression...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1144247)
Hyundai TUCSON or Tu - sawn ?

Thats the SUV I am talking about.
I knew it had something to do with Tuxedo but was not sure of the exact name. Thanks KPZen.

The elantra with a VGT and a p-tronic kit with a panel filter from Pipercross would be the mile muncher among Indian cars with good fuel efficiency too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144253)
Thats the SUV I am talking about.
I knew it had something to do with Tuxedo but was not sure of the exact name. Thanks KPZen.

The elantra with a VGT and a p-tronic kit with a panel filter from Pipercross would be the mile muncher among Indian cars with good fuel efficiency too.

actually an elantra with a petes box, a greddy boost controller, a green cotton airfilter, and a larger intercooler is the mile muncher among indian cars with good fuel efficiency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1144258)
actually an elantra with a petes box, a greddy boost controller, a green cotton airfilter, and a larger intercooler is the mile muncher among indian cars with good fuel efficiency.

I agree with you but the PSI box erroneously called Petesbox in India is the poor cousin of P-tronic.
The green cotton is poor cousin of Pipercross poly urethane filter. I agree that the ones mentioned by me are far more expensive but its got its benefits. Though I do vouch that Green filter is miles ahead of K&N filter as far as engine longevity is concerned. If you go to the K&N website its mentioned that filteration efficiency improves only after the filter clogs up with muck. Ironic that the filter from K&N is good only after it gets dirty.

The other two you mentioned about I agree whole heartedly.

[quote=drpullockaran;1144270]I agree with you but the PSI box erroneously called Petesbox in India is the poor cousin of P-tronic.
The green cotton is poor cousin of Pipercross poly urethane filter.
quote]

Any links/locations where we can get info about the same? And why would you call them poor cousins of the PSI box / Green cotton filter?

How can I forget the same engine being used in the new Hyundai Sonata Transform.

Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Sonata Embera

Which means that the 1.3jtd from FIAT and the 2litercrdi engine from GM is doing duty in very many vehicles in India. That leads me to believe that spares should not be problem many years down the line for these 2 engines.

[quote=maverick030581;1144273]
Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144270)
I agree with you but the PSI box erroneously called Petesbox in India is the poor cousin of P-tronic.
The green cotton is poor cousin of Pipercross poly urethane filter.
quote]

Any links/locations where we can get info about the same? And why would you call them poor cousins of the PSI box / Green cotton filter?

P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

Panel Filters | Pipercross Air Filters

N1 Engineering is the dealer in India for the filters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick030581 (Post 1144273)

Diesel performance tuning, diesel engine, diesel chiptuning, engine tuning, tuning box, power unit, engine and part, more diesel power, diesel performance chip, diesel fuel injection

As for green filters read up about polyurethane and cotton filter as a filteration medium. google search should see you through. Read the fine print and read between the lines when reading about comparisons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1144295)
Diesel performance tuning, diesel engine, diesel chiptuning, engine tuning, tuning box, power unit, engine and part, more diesel power, diesel performance chip, diesel fuel injection

As for green filters read up about polyurethane and cotton filter as a filteration medium. google search should see you through. Read the fine print and read between the lines when reading about comparisons.

Thanks for the linky mate.Found two more such products :
Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CRDi tuning diesel performance chip

Chiptuning - Hyundai Accent, Fahrzeug Datenbank Modelle

How many more are there,I wonder :Frustrati
I'm guessing the technique used must be the same across the board.Why the claimed numbers are different is anybody's guess.
Regarding Pipercross and Green,I reserve my comments till I have read up enough or experienced the difference.

1.Does the pressure drop after the new intercooler cause a drop in performance? Theoretically should right?

2.when the boost is upped using the electronic wastegate, shouldnt that compensate for the pressure drop?

3. even at stock boost levels, with the new intercooler and boost controller, the engine is going to be fed a larger mass of air than stock right? what happens to the pressure inside the cylinders then? where do we draw the line?

4. Fuelling- when the boost is upped, the stock ECU tries to compensate by feeding more fuel to bring the AFR closer to normal, isnt that how the fuelling is maintained? or are you guys using the pete's box to dump more fuel?or a combination of the two? anyone planning to use the RD diesel ECU?

5.Are you guys monitoring exhaust gas temperatures? how are you doing it?

6.The Apexi AVCR boost controller that I think u guys are using, has rpm dependent boost control and gear dependent boost control right? best results would be if that capability is utilised to match fuelling at particular rpm and gear to the boost, is that how you are doing it? if so, how are you getting the info about fuel injected? does the obd scanner give that kind of info?

I know turbodiesels give a lot more freedom with regards to the AFR compared to a petrol, therefore trial and error will work as long as we're cautious, but, would really like to know how the boost controller settings are being fine tuned.

Sorry for all the silly/nosy questions, just trying to plan out mods and I'm pretty ignorant/bookish when it comes to this stuff.