|30th November 2017, 15:34||#49|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Thanked: 1,065 Times
Re: Maruti 800 Modification assistance required.
Reviving an old thread for a planned project in January:
The plan: Pick up an old Maruti 800 (SB-308 Bodyshell). The options in this are:
1. Type 1 - Carb engine
2. Type 2 - Carb engine
3. Type 2 - 5 Speed MPFI
4. Type 2 - 4 Speed MPFI
5. Type 3 - 4 Speed MPFI
Options 1 & 3 are on top of the list but I'm willing to consider the other 3 options if 1&3 are not available and the price is right for the others.
I have listed out the planned mods in pictures of what I want to do and I need your suggestions. Also posted some pictures of modded cars which inspired me to go for this project.
The budget for this including the cost of the car is 1 Lakh. If all the mods don't fit into the budget suggest which mods to do to stay within the budget and the rest of the mods can be shifted to Phase II of the project.
Jobs to be done:
1. Removal of any dents, patch up of any corroded panels, paint touch up.
2. Full service and rectification of mechanical / electrical faults.
3. Interior cleaning, removal of un-necessary accessories, new seat covers, door panels etc.
4. Very basic ICE preferably OEM looking.
5. Refurbishment / Replacement of dashboard and other faded trims.
6. Wider rims (modified OEM) or Alloys, possible upsizing to 13".
7. Wider tyres (see pic).
8. Lowered suspension. I understand this is done by cutting the original springs.
9. Remote tailgate and fuel flap opening mod including blanking off of the fuel lid keyhole. OEM Maruti parts from other models to be used.
10. Rear Wash/Wipe.
11. Frameless wipers in front.
12. Day/Night IRVM.
13. Grill mod.
14. Bumper skirts.
15. Steering wheel from the Maruti stable (new Dzire wheel will be perfect).
If budget permits and the car has paint in bad condition or a bad colour, a full paint job or wrap.
Another crazy idea which I want to explore is an engine swap with a Wagon R engine.
The whole project should not make the car look too "Loud" or "Modified". Mods should be subtle, tasteful and practical. In short it has to be a Kerala style modded Maruti 800. Something Maruti should have done in the factory itself.