Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 10:15   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
Hi
What is a battery consumption causes due to installation of autocop or any other car security system ? Since car security system is ON 24x7 , I heard that battery's life reduced due to this system , if any expert can throw some light on it then it will be useful.

Is battery life reduced drastically due to installation of autocop or any other car security system ?

Thanks
Sandeep
The battery life is not reduced due to security systems although the life will get reduced by 1% !
Old 20th March 2008, 11:42   #17
BHPian

Battery life reduced due to security systme

Hi
I work for Amaron and with my experience in batteries, there is a permissable leakage in all cars which is as per standard which is 100ma (Milli amps) and if checked with a Multimeter in Current mode it should show below the above parameter, if its beyond that there is draining of the battery...There are other symptoms apart from Security system they are:
1. Trunk light switch failure - The light inside the trunk keeps glowing without our knowledge draining the battery
2. Side repeator wire chipped due to rodents which is common in India, due to vibration the wire rubs the fender panel
3.Improper earthing.
4.Alternator wire becomes hard due to heat & resistance becomes high reducing life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
The battery life is not reduced due to security systems although the life will get reduced by 1% !
Old 21st August 2021, 18:28   #18
BHPian

Re: Battery life reduced due to security systme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Hi
I work for Amaron and with my experience in batteries, there is a permissable leakage in all cars which is as per standard which is 100ma (Milli amps) and if checked with a Multimeter in Current mode it should show below the above parameter, if its beyond that there is draining of the battery...There are other symptoms apart from Security system they are:
1. Trunk light switch failure - The light inside the trunk keeps glowing without our knowledge draining the battery
2. Side repeator wire chipped due to rodents which is common in India, due to vibration the wire rubs the fender panel
3.Improper earthing.
4.Alternator wire becomes hard due to heat & resistance becomes high reducing life...
The Amaron Flo(Bought on 28/01/2019) on Swift VDi was fully drained of charge, yesterday. Had to call in the Amaron helpline and they helped me jump start the vehicle and asked me to keep the engine running idle for an hour.

This is just 8 days after install of AutoCop XS? Are these events related?
Old 21st August 2021, 19:28   #19
BHPian

Re: Battery life reduced due to security systme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Amaron Flo(Bought on 28/01/2019) on Swift VDi was fully drained of charge, yesterday. Had to call in the Amaron helpline and they helped me jump start the vehicle and asked me to keep the engine running idle for an hour.

This is just 8 days after install of AutoCop XS? Are these events related?
It’s possible, please check for any leak in current by a qualified technician.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks