Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 21:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
try to get a Enfield Bullet's Center Stand Srping and take your santro;s mechanic to help you out. Any of the idea;s above may not cost you more than 50-100Rs.
Enfield Bullet's central stand spring is of a very different design than that of the Santro's throttle spring. It will not fit.

Those pedals seems okay to me.

Instead of modding the spring try to learn the heel on floor and toes on throttle technique. If the accelerator pedal is too high then go to a mech, get the pedal removed and heat and bend it to set it an angle easier for you to rest your toes on.

If you do some jugad and fit another spring or get a higher tempered spring fitted then it could happen that youre travelling, closely following another vehicle resting your leg on the throttle and suddenly 'phat' the spring or the
mount breaks, your leg drops, throttle gets mashed and you go and hit the the vehicle in front.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:19   #17
BHPian

Same old morbid thinker

I posted this hoping somebody had thought of this already and had done something about it. Doesnt look like anybody has. Let me see.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:19   #18
Team-BHP Support

i think best bet is to add a coil spring on the cable, or see if the throttle body/butterfly spring can be moded?
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i think best bet is to add a coil spring on the cable, or see if the throttle body/butterfly spring can be moded?
will try something this weekend and post progress

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks