Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 10:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Thanks HBaruaS !
A Basic security system will be just fine.

But As i said, may be I am too cautious about my first 4 wheeler.
But still, wanted to have some views on it.

I am still to see the demo for MicroVBB. Will update all its features; for those who MIGHT be interested.

cheers:
I think Gear lock is the basic and most reliable thing you can trust. All electronic antitheft devices have a cheat code to override the security and the hijackers knows it better than us. Hence the electronic antitheft mostly effective only with novice thieves. But a gear lock will consume at least 30 mins for any expert to remove / unlock without the original keys. [/COLOR]

So my suggestion goes in for a gear lock first, irrespective of any high-end electronics you purchase for security. And it’s very important that you don’t hand over your Gear lock key in service stations or valet parking, they may make a duplicate key for it and may send it to the gangs with your location and Registration number. [/COLOR]
Old 14th May 2008, 11:43   #17
BHPian

I agree, get a decent autocop system with motion and impact sensors and a "pin" type gear lock.

OT: Does anyone have the website for autocop india, where I can check the various models tha they are offering. I am also going to be in the market soon for a security system and a gear lock.
Old 19th October 2008, 18:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

GPS car trackers

I know various security systems exist which flash and honk and make a lot of noise , but in my opinion, they're not quite effective, and not desirable either (anybody seen the movie Noise (2007) ? )
And my car is just another inconspicuous ride , which wont be spotted from a mile off, like say, the yellow pajero that got stolen.

I know there are gps car units (some thing like GPS pune, GPS mumbai, GPS bangalore, GPS Delhi, GPS goa, GPS jaipur, GPS India, GPS navigation, GPS Kolkata, GPS Chennai ) , but are there any sold in india that track your car, and let you know where it is in at least near real time , so that if it gets stolen, Hopefully it can be tracked down ?

and how much would they cost ?
Old 19th October 2008, 19:34   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Visit GPIL.COM for details. The unit cost in retail is Rs15k. You can know current position plus you can trace where your vehicle has traveled any day in past one month, including speed analysis. More customization is possible for fleets owners. or for value-add customers.

DISCLAIMER: I am consulting with this company for using Open Source software for complete stack of services.
Old 19th October 2008, 19:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

they seem to be oriented more towards commercial customers, like the logistics industry. Do they sell/provide support to induvidals? ,
Old 19th October 2008, 19:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. Each customer is given an account - one car or a fleet. The device is shipped to you for relatively simple installation. PM me for more details.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info.All plans are unfortunately on hold due to a recent crash :(

PS: seems to be an entirely open source operation, even the site is running drupal.
Cheers
Old 19th October 2008, 21:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

Greenhorn, threads merged as there was some existing information in this thread.

Also check out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...y-systems.html

cya
R
Old 19th October 2008, 21:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan. I guess there are other options as well. Has anyone installed/used any of these systems? Feedback is appreciated

I'm not interested in the GSM based ones which lock/disable the car. In fact , i don't want the thief to know that I'm onto him at all, until its too late

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th October 2008 at 21:30.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:31   #25
BHPian

Hi All,

I reckon this article, is really headed along the highway, I am keen on finding out if I can fit ICATS in my 2005 model Swift VXI? location bangalore, any inputs will assist me a lot.

thanks mates,

Cheers!

natt
Old 28th September 2009, 16:47   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

BUMP! ... Any news/updates/reviews on similar devices ?? looking at microvbb and amsaki products
Old 7th October 2009, 11:40   #27
BANNED

Bro any updaytes on this ? Did you get the demo ? which device did you go for ?

Thanks
Old 13th February 2010, 16:29   #28
BHPian

In Car Security, Tracking and GPS Monitoring

Hey

Recently I've hearing lots about In Car Security systems. Many of them are offering tracking through sms, GPS live Monitoring, remote car demobilization etc.

MicroVBB is one of the brands available. I am interested in setting up such a system in both of my Citys. (Some 3 years back our Indica was stolen at Daryaganj, only 8,000 kms on the odo)

Would love it if someone would shed some light on such systems.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi nutcracker, how much does this new unit costs from MicroVBB?

another simple solution i can think of for car tracking is through keeping an old mobile phone hidden some where in car. If some one steal the car, one can request police or mobile operator to trace the mobile phone signal and follow the car! this is the same principle on which the GPS/GSM based tracking work. Only difference in professional products is that it can SMS back the GPS co-ordinates through which you cna track the car!

similar one can be found here as well!

GPS Tracking unit - Exporter, Manufacturer, Service Provider & Supplier, Noida, India

There was another service provider which used to provide location on google earth. I dont remember the website now

From last month, I have started working on similar hobby product for my car. Currently searching for GPS/GPRS module. Little busy now, so might finish off this in couple of months time!

Any electronic hobbyist has developed similar product?
Old 25th September 2011, 22:42   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What do you think of these high end security systems w/ GPS?

Hey guys Any updates on these systems? Which one is good? I am getting delivery of my Altis this week. My uncles verna got flicked off right in front of his house in broad daylight in a good neighborhood. None of those engine immobilizer thing proved good enough for the rascals. So I remembered reading on the forum of a bhpian recovering his Scorpio in the same way by the help of a gps device. I couldn't locate that thread.
The Toyota dealer has a similar device ( company was I think Atlantis) and quoted 15k for the same. Any advice?

Regards,
Mohit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks