Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 23:30   #31
BHPian

Re: What do you think of these high end security systems w/ GPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey guys Any updates on these systems? Which one is good? I am getting delivery of my Altis this week. My uncles verna got flicked off right in front of his house in broad daylight in a good neighborhood. So I remembered reading on the forum of a bhpian recovering his Scorpio in the same way by the help of a gps device. I couldn't locate that thread.
The Toyota dealer has a similar device ( company was I think Atlantis) and quoted 15k for the same. Any advice?

There are GPS trackers from MayMyIndia but they are built for tracking commercial vehicles rather than for location stolen vehicles. You still might want to take a look if it tracking near-realtime position through GPRS is something you are willing to get.

An Autocop security system will sound the alarm if the vehicle has been unlocked without the key. If that is all you need, you can get the Autocop security fitted for roughly Rs.4,000.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:08   #32
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: What do you think of these high end security systems w/ GPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
There are GPS trackers from MayMyIndia but they are built for tracking commercial vehicles rather than for location stolen vehicles. You still might want to take a look if it tracking near-realtime position through GPRS is something you are willing to get.

An Autocop security system will sound the alarm if the vehicle has been unlocked without the key. If that is all you need, you can get the Autocop security fitted for roughly Rs.4,000.
As per my understanding, the GPS trackers provide location information which is accurate to the extent of +- 10 meters. The device can time-stamp the location information and provide a constant feed. A feed like this can be utilized to understand if the vehicle is stand-still or moving, how long the vehicle is in motion or taking a break, has the vehicle deviated from a pre-defined route, what is the speed of the vehicle etc etc etc. A fleet operator can use this information in n number of ways to derive intelligence. A personal user can use the same technology to locate his vehicle if stolen. How to use the technology is upto the individual user.

GSM based trackers utilize the cellphone tower network to locate a tracking device. As per my understanding, you will be able to understand in which tower's region is the vehicle located at any point of time. Some mobile towers cover an area of 4-5 KMs, so you might be looking at an area of 20-25 sq-kms. That's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I would prefer GPS based tracking device over a GSM one any day.

Last edited by SDP : 30th July 2012 at 19:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks