Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 19:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

K&N Typhoon Intake Kit for Honda Civic

K&N has launched a Short Ram Air Intake kit specifically for the Honda Civic with all required fittings for the Civic. Not sure whether it is available in India but it is out in the west. Has anyone used this? Detailed installation instructions are available as a pdf file. Please check out the link and if anyone has used, a feedback will be appreciated

69-1013TS - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit
Old 10th April 2008, 19:29   #2
BANNED

Hi,

We have placed an order with Methods since January 2008 and they are unable to deliver or confirm exact date of availability till today. We were told 2-3 weeks and have placed a confirmed order with them in January costs Rs17900/- approx

Viper
Old 10th April 2008, 19:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Viper, doesnt one have a similar option with Green Cotton?
Old 10th April 2008, 19:35   #4
BANNED

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge NO. Problem is not the filter but the pipe and sensor location. Locally fabricated pipe throws up a Check Engine Light.

Viper
Old 10th April 2008, 20:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

We have placed an order with Methods since January 2008 and they are unable to deliver or confirm exact date of availability till today. We were told 2-3 weeks and have placed a confirmed order with them in January costs Rs17900/- approx

Viper
Thanks Viper. Do update us when you get your hands on it. Something tells me this is going to be good.
Old 10th April 2008, 22:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

I got the Civic K&N Typhoon in stock for a couple of weeks now, but no car to put it on
Old 10th April 2008, 22:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
I got the Civic K&N Typhoon in stock for a couple of weeks now, but no car to put it on
Would be a great fit in my Civic!

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2008 at 13:16. Reason: No bypassing the 20 character limit!
Old 10th April 2008, 22:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

lol, you want me to courier it to you?
Old 10th April 2008, 23:09   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
what would be the total cost?
how much would be the performance gain?
my car is new and driven for just 3k km, is it advisable to go for it now.
One last thing, any kind of performance mods would void the warranty, right?
Old 10th April 2008, 23:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sanchit, answers..

1. Rs.17,500 with install
2. I'll estimate about 2-3%
3. You can do it at 3k or 30k doesnt matter
4. Yes it is an excuse for the dealer to void warranty, you can always revert back to original filter if u think u have to claim warranty on some engine part.

Also, the other things you asked for, i dont have those and never got those before, so no idea on the prices.
Old 11th April 2008, 14:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
K&N has launched a Short Ram Air Intake kit specifically for the Honda Civic with all required fittings for the Civic. Not sure whether it is available in India but it is out in the west. Has anyone used this? Detailed installation instructions are available as a pdf file. Please check out the link and if anyone has used, a feedback will be appreciated

69-1013TS - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit
Have installed this on a friends civic....must say the improvement in performance is more evident with this setup than most other k&n filter installs in other cars...

@viper, you can get the locally made filter pipe to work without throwing a CEL, key is to get the correct flow into the area where the MAF sensor is located and maintain the same diameter as the stock, as the sensor is calibrated for a particular pipe diameter. Just my 2 cents worth.

Will try a post a pic of the pipe we fabricated...
Old 11th April 2008, 14:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post
Have installed this on a friends civic....must say the improvement in performance is more evident with this setup than most other k&n filter installs in other cars...

@viper, you can get the locally made filter pipe to work without throwing a CEL, key is to get the correct flow into the area where the MAF sensor is located and maintain the same diameter as the stock, as the sensor is calibrated for a particular pipe diameter. Just my 2 cents worth.

Will try a post a pic of the pipe we fabricated...
Let's see if i got this right. You have installed a K&N filter in your friends Civic, but fabricated the pipe yourself. So this is NOT the complete typhoon, which is installed, right?

Please do post the pics. Been waiting forever for a CAI for my Civic.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:09   #13
BHPian

Gains

Any Short RAM intake will get you a MAX of around 2-3 bhp on a cold morning at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) . That's the problem with India. When it's hot outside and the air being sucked in is heated up in the engine compartment, you're not gaining anything.

A Cold Air Intake is great but if you drive it in the monsoon, then say goodbye to your engine block. Shame 'cause I've seen 8 horsepower gains from as little as 4000 rpms in some 4 cyl applications

My advice - put a good panel filter in your air filter box and save your money for a good catback exhaust - another 2-4 hp max.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Let's see if i got this right. You have installed a K&N filter in your friends Civic, but fabricated the pipe yourself. So this is NOT the complete typhoon, which is installed, right?
Please do post the pics. Been waiting forever for a CAI for my Civic.
You did not get it right....i installed a full K&n typhoon kit on my friends civic....but fabricated the pipe for my car. It defintitely does not throw a CEL but its got other issues.....But anyway we did not continue development on the filter pipe...cause I have got way faster things in mind.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:32   #15
BHPian

K&N Typhoon Intake Kit for Honda Civic-11042008001.jpg

The small violet coloured one is the one made for the civic. The black object is the heat shield.
Will sort out the minor issue(rigid mounting, idling) once im finished with the work on my car....insha allah another weeks time.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 12th April 2008 at 00:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks