Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 13:37   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Simplest solution : Decrease the rear air pressure by 1 - 2 points. You will feel the difference. There may be other options, but they could work out too expensive for an 800.

However, when driving at speed, stick to manufacturer recommended pressures only.
Old 25th July 2008, 03:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
2) Strut brace.
Hi,

Can anybody post pictures of a strut fitted in M800. I would like to go for one for mine.

Also, Please let me know where can I get one in Chennai and what would be the approximate cost.

Thanks in Advance,
Suresh
Old 25th July 2008, 13:38   #18
BANNED

Nice thread,

Strut Braces- Have been looking around for one off the shelf, not able to find, i think we need to custom design this and have it fitted.

Rear Suspension- Thrown away my leaf springs and used the Zen unit( coils and gas shocks , and sway bars) used 1.25 inch spacer to increase height at the back.- improves handling

Front Suspension- 1 inch spacer to increase height(also saves my headers from scraping) The older zen lower arm.-improves handling and cornering-Still not the best as the suspension is too soft, want something that can actually give a stiff ride.

Tyres- Bridgestone 165/60/R12 with kspeed alloys (GIII potenza),. greatest tyres you can ever have on a M-800
-best tyres ever to grip the roads, improves handling.

But still i have a bit of sway during high speed cornering- Strut braces might do the trick. As far as front suspension,they are too soft. some more suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 25th July 2008 at 13:42.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:48   #19
rippergeo

@Pavan- i dont know how you did it, but , usually, raising the height of the vehicle makes it handle worse

maybe its the placebo effect?

Old 25th July 2008, 14:37   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@Pavan- i dont know how you did it, but , usually, raising the height of the vehicle makes it handle worse

maybe its the placebo effect?
Dude,

If you look at the stock suspension setup in the M-800, the rear is half an inch higher than the front.

I increased the height proportionately, but not too much.,

This has bettered my cars cornering capabilities and added a bit to make my suspension act better in the wheel well.
Old 25th July 2008, 15:54   #21
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Dude,

If you look at the stock suspension setup in the M-800, the rear is half an inch higher than the front.

I increased the height proportionately, but not too much.,

This has bettered my cars cornering capabilities and added a bit to make my suspension act better in the wheel well.

Thats good! I'm not very good at hands on stuff. but you seem to know what you're doing. maybe I should jack up the rear of my car to achieve the same improved handling effect. do you think it would work on a swift?

did you widen the track at the rear/front or both? or is it not required in your opinion?

Old 25th July 2008, 15:58   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Thats good! I'm not very good at hands on stuff. but you seem to know what you're doing. maybe I should jack up the rear of my car to achieve the same improved handling effect. do you think it would work on a swift?

did you widen the track at the rear/front or both? or is it not required in your opinion?
SWIFT- Sure you can do this on your Swift, Just add a 1.5 inch spacer at the rear, it'll work wonders for the car.

Similarly add 0.5 inch or maybe a 1 inch at the front(Not mandatory)

Most Viewed