Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 12:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Akshay, BUSA for the clarifications.
The Blisteins you guys are talking about... what is it exactly? Coil overs?

BUSA, looks like you are mighty impressed with the Innova. Do we get to see a white Pete'd Swift on the Classifieds soon??
Old 17th April 2008, 12:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Thanks Akshay, BUSA for the clarifications.
The Blisteins you guys are talking about... what is it exactly? Coil overs?
they are bilstein b2 shocks.
Old 17th April 2008, 12:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Akshay, still on stock setting, will change and see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
BUSA, looks like you are mighty impressed with the Innova. Do we get to see a white Pete'd Swift on the Classifieds soon??
Haha, no, no. Swift is something else man, small car, easy to park, pretty fast and after all a Maruti, you can mod it the way you like it and the service center wont make noise, unlike Toyota
Old 17th April 2008, 12:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Busa , nice review . BTW how much would the petes box costed ? Just curious .
Old 17th April 2008, 19:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats Busa , nice review . BTW how much would the petes box costed ? Just curious .
As Akshay1234 mentioned 31k

Last edited by BUSA : 17th April 2008 at 20:08.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

With the Petes Box and hard driving, the FE has increased by a full kilometer, earlier average hovered around 10kmpl and now its 11. This included speeds of 150kmph and high revving. So with the box you not only go fast you also save fuel
Old 24th April 2008, 14:17   #22
BHPian

Busa, nice to know that you are getting the best out of your Innova now.

A slightly basic question. If a tuning box like Petes improves the power by 25% and FE too by 1 km, then why is Toyota not keeping this level of tune as stock? Is it because of safety reasons, or emission issues or something more than that ( engine life etc? )
Old 24th April 2008, 15:48   #23
BHPian

well reasons are many , i cant give out those reasons. but yes can assure that its got nothing to do with the engine life and all. its purely business oriented and more
Old 25th April 2008, 00:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
well reasons are many , i cant give out those reasons. but yes can assure that its got nothing to do with the engine life and all. its purely business oriented and more
Please enlighten!!
I do not understand why the manufacturer would not increase the price little, if required, and pass on increase in performance and fuel efficiency to the customer.
Old 25th April 2008, 01:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Please enlighten!!
I do not understand why the manufacturer would not increase the price little, if required, and pass on increase in performance and fuel efficiency to the customer.
I completely agree!

I am sure if Hyndai releases a Verna Sports @130 bhp (Pete's equivalent) at 50K more - there will be definitely a lot of takers for it - and Hyndai gets a nice profit too (in bulk this would hardly cost 12K+). Same goes for Innova, Magnum and Octy - who can easily charge a 50K premium for a sport diesel.

So please don't tell me its money - I am not that easily convinced! I suspect that has to do with longevity of the engine.
Old 25th April 2008, 19:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I completely agree!

I am sure if Hyndai releases a Verna Sports @130 bhp (Pete's equivalent) at 50K more - there will be definitely a lot of takers for it - and Hyndai gets a nice profit too (in bulk this would hardly cost 12K+). Same goes for Innova, Magnum and Octy - who can easily charge a 50K premium for a sport diesel.

So please don't tell me its money - I am not that easily convinced! I suspect that has to do with longevity of the engine.
Tell me something, how does the Verna handle? Does the 110bhp in the Verna feel safe? Imagine 130bhp in all the Verna's on the road, would not that cause problems as there are many people with more power and no control. Also manufacturers take cost cutting to a entire new level. Just look at the Esteem VXi, it has power antenna, however the manual antenna is closed using a block stripe and not welded. Why does Maruti give 165 on the LXi/Vxi/Ldi/Vdi versions when its not going to cost more then 2000 to give 185s found on the Zxi/Zdi versions? How many people in India buy cars looking at the power figures? Almost all buyers dont care about the performance of the car, its only enthusiasts like us who care about performance. All car companies know this and thus dont find it sensible to give more power thereby increasing price and needing to give better tires/suspension in return.
Old 25th April 2008, 22:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Does the 110bhp in the Verna feel safe? Imagine 130bhp in all the Verna's on the road, would not that cause problems as there are many people with more power and no control.
this is not really the point. Any powerful tool (not just a car) is of course dangerous in the hands of anyone who doesn't know how to use it well.

Quote:
Why does Maruti give 165 on the LXi/Vxi/Ldi/Vdi versions when its not going to cost more then 2000 to give 185s found on the Zxi/Zdi versions?
Who said give it in lower end versions? If you read my message right - i said there will be takers if they bring a higher spec one with more power. This is effectively happening in petrol now - just like the 1.4/1.6 versions of most mid size cars! The main reason to pay a premium for a Fiesta 1.6 or a City VTEC over the regular 1.4/Gxi is performance. Do you feel no one is buying it? Then why not in Diesel if its safe to supercharge it!

BUSA, i am not saying don't Pete the car nor am i against Petes' product. I am sure if i drive a Pete'd Dezire/Verna i would enjoy it immensely too. Everyone can decide what to do with their cars - and enjoy it I am just saying there's a lot more to it that just the money angle.

just my 2 cents. i have no intentions of starting an argument.
Old 26th April 2008, 11:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

@BUSA, I agree that manufacturers try to cut cost in whatever way they can. But they also cater to segment that requires better performance with higher end models, Fiesta 1.6/1.4, Aveo 1.6/ 1.4, Getz 1.3/1.1 in the below 10 lakhs bracket. If remaping the ECU can make a great difference in performance with better fuel efficiency as an addon (very important for indian market), why would they not do that?

More power can be dangerous in the hands of anyone. If car manufacturers thought only from this point of view we would still be driving only M800. When Hyundai introduced Getz CRDI (which cannot be compared to Getz 1.3 in terms of power), they did not changed the entire suspension setup. They worked on the suspension to suit the higher power. The guys here are using the increased power on Petefied cars without any change to the suspension. That is testimony to the fact that if used rationally, stock suspension set up can handle the power.

I am not against Petes product and would seriously consider a Petefied car.
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:48   #29
BHPian

Nice review, Petes box is bang for the buck. They should launch boxes for Safari as well.
Old 9th May 2008, 23:37   #30

Quote:
With the Petes Box and hard driving, the FE has increased by a full kilometer, earlier average hovered around 10kmpl and now its 11. This included speeds of 150kmph and high revving. So with the box you not only go fast you also save fuel
__________________________________________________ ______________

Hi
I just Petefied my Bro's Innova some 15days back after reading reviews on this site, It had already done 54,000kms in 2 yrs. i normally take this car to Mumbai twice a month & i'm very happy with the upgraded performance in all aspects " EXCEPT " FE has droped down to 9kmpl from earlier 10kmpl but this is not my major worry.The Biggest Disappointment is Breaking at HIGH SPEEDs considering its has ABS & then to the car just can not control the added power while Breaking at High Speeds.
Please suggest what to do for more efficient breaking at high speeds

PS : Breaks r still in good condition

Thnx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks