Team-BHP - Innova gets Petes + Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Innova gets Petes + Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/38464-innova-gets-petes-review.html)

Innova gets Petes + Review-dsc00036-medium.jpg

Finally after waiting for 5000kms i got the Petes box. Ill talk about the Petes box later on in this post, but first the review.

The Innova was a replacement for my 2 year old Chevrolet Optra 1.8LT(fantastic car this) buttttttt was depriciating faster then the stock market. I need a car with a good ride, diesel(very very important), decently quick, should be able to seat 6 ocassionally and have good resale unlike the Optra. There was no option but the Innova and fulfilled all the requirement accept one. It wasnot quick, but thats were the Petes box stepped in.

After taking 4 test drivers, i was ready to book out, but almost all dealers gave the same discount. However i zeroed in on one dealer thanks to Gogi Sirji who helped alot(Thanks a ton sir) I had initially booked silver colour but then shifted to gold or whatever its called. Dealer service was fantastic and everything was done "swiftly"

When opened the hood after taking delivery of the Innova, i was shocked, there were so many markings on the engine, Toyota has done lots and lots of re-check on every part to make sure everything is working fine. Tells alot about Toyota's Quality Checks.

As soon as the car came i changed the tires to Michelin MXV8 225/60/15, thanks to tire dealers advises(no there is not one but two tire dealer around, Irags and KP, thanks a ton) However i am a bit dissapointed with the tires, while they offer fantastic ride, the braking has become a tad bit bad. I was expecting more from a tire costing 7k+ and i had to buy 6.

Why 6 - Well because one got a bulge, so i didnot want to use that. While standing at the Toll behind traffic, a speeding Volvo bus hit the slalom or whatever its called and it hit the rear tire, causing a bulge. Now the bulged tire sits as a center table shod on Optra's alloy :D

Looks - As you all know the Innova is no beauty contest winner and looks ok, nothign great but if you compare it with the Qualis then youll feel so much more content that my car doesnot look as horid as that. Jokes apart, i never like the Innova for its looks and still dont, it looks decent and slowly and surely its looks are growing on me.

Handling - Is very very good. Unlike what you would expect from a MUV/MPV, the Innova handles like almost a car. Steering is very very light, a big positive at low speeds.

Braking - Again is very good but with the new tires has degraded a bit. Toyota shouldnt have given drums at the rear. They make screeching noise, ah, damn irritating, i tell you!

Comfort - This car is extremely comfortable, much more then the Optra, which is one of the most comfortable cars sub 15lacs. You dont get tired on long journeys and all passengers have ample back and lumbar support.

Ride - This is the best part of the Innova, it has fantastic ride, you will specially love the Innova's ride, if your other car is a Swift.

Interiors - Well laid out, but the light beige can get dirty, me thinks.

Now the part which all of you have been waiting for : -

Performance

Stock - Stock Innova is slow, and how! The car does pull good lower down the revv range, but when the revvs rise the car just doesnot pull. You need to overtake a car you need to shift down. You need to work alot through the gears to extract the best out of the car. 120 takes alot of time, 140 seems impossible, not that it doesnot reach 140, it does but with alot of efforts. Engine noise is too much at 100, enough to make you think of adding some more amplifiers to your ICE. 100 takes 17 secs, which is enough to read a medium sized book.

.... And Now with the Petes - The petes box improves the power from 102 to 126, thats 24bhp rise = 25% and torque to a mindblowing 255NM

Innova gets Petes + Review-image002.jpgInnova gets Petes + Review-image004.jpg

This makes the Innova very very fast, much faster then the Safari 2.2VTT, Scorpio mHawk. After installing the box, there is a all of a sudden surge and the car lunges forward, something i missed without the box. Similar thing like in the Swift Diesel. The car now moves and it moves f-a-s-t!! 120 is a breeze, and reaching 150 is not a achievement anymore. 0 - 100 is done faster then a stock Swift D clap:

Noise has decreased, car seems to be lighter, much more eager. You dont need to work through the gearbox anymore. 5th gear acceleration is mindblowing. You put the car in 5th at any speed and then watch how it accelerates like crazy, you feel your in third and not in ffith. The Petes Box has made the Innova almost perfect. I cant find any faults with it. And the best thing is, with all the increase in performance, the FE has also gone up slightly by .5kmpl, not bad considering the car is not driven with a light foot. I am still on stock setting. Not opened the box up. Will be going to stage 1 setting soon and then stage 2. Also planning to add Green Filter. I would recommed all Innova owners to get the box, heck i would recommend all diesel car owners to get Peted, it makes the car so much more fun to drive.

Future plans : -

Green filter
Free Flow Exhaust
Intercooler
Blistein Shocks

Things Toyota should add : -

Rear Discs
Intercooler
Climate Control
Power

A big thanks to Peter, for his fantastic support and answering my million questions i asked him day and night. Thanks a ton.

nice review mate ..... how is the handling of the car past 100 ?? does the engine nooise reduced or same ??

however anyone knows wat pete's boxes actually work ?? i mean technically ??

how power and torque figures were calculated ??

phew ...... lots of question hehe ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 798127)
nice review mate ..... how is the handling of the car past 100 ?? does the engine nooise reduced or same ??

Thanks buddy. The handling is good, thanks to the wider tires. And yes the engine noise has reduced alot.

Quote:

however anyone knows wat pete's boxes actually work ?? i mean technically ??
Read here

Nice review BUSA. The torque curve has shifted towards low-mid rpm and how!!

Is it that the braking feels even more inadequate after the pete's upgrade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rev_hard (Post 798139)
Nice review BUSA. The torque curve has shifted towards low-mid rpm and how!!

Is it that the braking feels even more inadequate after the pete's upgrade?

Thanks rev_hard. No the braking doesnot feel inadequate after the Petes but after the tire change. The MXV8 are comfort tires, and on heavy braking they do slide a bit. Yes on hard launch the wheels spin like crazy due to the torque.

Hey nice review and as usual excellent product from Pete's. Reg mileage i would suggest you to wait at least 12-15 k kms, since it will constantly increase till that point, when the oil burner free's up completely.

Finally! BUSA, nice review. I've driven the stock diesel and it was quite sad (no offense guys, I like fast cars). Now, it looks like I need to drive a Pete'd Innova. Anybody gonna lend me one??
About the FFE, where do you intend to get that done from? Any idea about the price? How much would the Blisteins cost? Heard that Blistein'ed, Pete'd and Green'ed Innovas can kick some serious back sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 798503)
Finally! BUSA, nice review. I've driven the stock diesel and it was quite sad (no offense guys, I like fast cars). Now, it looks like I need to drive a Pete'd Innova. Anybody gonna lend me one??
About the FFE, where do you intend to get that done from? Any idea about the price? How much would the Blisteins cost? Heard that Blistein'ed, Pete'd and Green'ed Innovas can kick some serious back sides.

i dunno about busas ffe but the bilsteins cost about 40k. and yes you do need to drive a peted innova. the petes knocks 4 seconds of the 0-100 time.

rev_hard - the brakes were never inadequate but mine seem pretty good i guess thanks to the potenzas.

ah yes, busa about time you wrote a review.lol:

not content with a pete'd swift eh? I know the feeling. greed is not such a bad thing:)

Thanks Jaggu, Shuvd, akshay & rippergeo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 798622)
not content with a pete'd swift eh? I know the feeling. greed is not such a bad thing:)

Totally content with the Pete'd Swift, but when your driving a srock Innova and your other ride is a Pete'd Swift, you feel like your driving a bus(Innova) after driving the Swift. Now after the Innova getting Pete'd, you dont feel much of a difference. The Swift is very fast with the box, but the Innova has better braking, ride, road view, sitting position and comfort and is a quite quick with the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 798546)
ah yes, busa about time you wrote a review.lol:

Arre Akshay, i wrote na finally :uncontrol

Quote:

I've driven the stock diesel and it was quite sad (no offense guys, I like fast cars)

Shuvd bhai, you drive a Magnum with 300+NM torque, your remapped Octavia can whip a 325i so no suprise you found a stock Innova to be sad. But i cant agree with you more, stock Innova is very very slow and takes lots of time to move in higher gears and reaching high speeds is not the easiest thing.

Quote:

Not yet thought about that, will do some research. Mostly automech. Price should be around 10k, me thinks, not sure. Blisteins around 40k as askahay 1234 mentioned. And i guess you heard right, but you need not worry, your car need not be afraid of peted cars :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 798489)
Hey nice review and as usual excellent product from Pete's. Reg mileage i would suggest you to wait at least 12-15 k kms, since it will constantly increase till that point, when the oil burner free's up completely.

Thanks Jaggu, your completely right, noticed the same thing with the Swift's mileage.

Fantastic Review there BUSA. So now your Innova also gets the Peter Treatment :D

25 % Increase in power is a huge jump. I would love to TD a Pete'd Diesel. I am yet to drive one. It is still not very poular in small towns.

How much did the thing cost you on an Innova ?

Great review Busa!

A well detailed one touching on all the criteria one mostly look at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 798683)
...How much did the thing cost you on an Innova ?

Same question here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 798719)
Great review Busa!

A well detailed one touching on all the criteria one mostly look at.

Same question here!

well if you guys had read my review you wudda known.lol: 30k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 798722)
well if you guys had read my review you wudda known.lol: 30k.

Got that!

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-review-4.html
post no:54)

So you paid 39k for Pete's box+green filter.

So is green filter 9k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 798747)
Got that!

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-review-4.html
post no:54)

So you paid 39k for Pete's box+green filter.

So is green filter 9k?

yes it was 9k. problem was i had the feeling it was too small for the car. much happier with the stock replacement with no drop in performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 798110)
I am still on stock setting. Not opened the box up. Will be going to stage 1 setting soon and then stage 2. Also planning to add Green Filter. I

stock is stage one. stage 2 is fine. stage 3 was not recommended to be my peter. he said id would be too much fuel.