Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2008, 22:56   #61
BHPian

How about a cat-back FFE, since doing the headers would be a complex job and not recommended as discussed earlier. But would that help in performance gain, even if its minor? Or i would just end up with a loud exhaust note and nothing else?
Old 26th April 2008, 23:27   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Hey Guys How is it going?
1. Is it possible to push up boost to 8psi(considering thats the max one should go with stock internals ), i guess stock is 6psi, by modding the ECU or with a piggyback? And does 1 or 2psi increase makes a difference in performance?
3. Will a larger intercooler help in performance and efficiency of the engine.(By Efficiency i am not reffering to fuel efficiency).
w.r.t point 1 I think,as discussed earlier pushing the boost up can be possible with a remap but that would mean Pete's cannot be installed right? As a remap and Pete's cant go hand in hand with conflicting AFR signals?And does 1 or 2psi increase makes a difference in performance?
w.r.t point 3 Fitting a larger intercooler is just replacing the current one with a larger one, i.e as simple as it sounds or the plumbing has to be revised and similarly other things related and the ECM would learn and adjust to the change in dynamics(maybe its not the right word but i meant the temperature of air, volume and density-I am presuming these characteristics would change.)
Old 27th April 2008, 07:14   #63
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
w.r.t point 1 I think,as discussed earlier pushing the boost up can be possible with a remap but that would mean Pete's cannot be installed right? As a remap and Pete's cant go hand in hand with conflicting AFR signals?
the remap for the swift makes the turbo spool up at 1900rpm instead of 2000. which is a small gain. but the the peak torque and the HP output are higher than the stock and the pete's box only cars.
I dont know what the remap does to the boost. best to ask peter himself.

the reampped car makes approx 10Bhp more than the pete's box
also said to be smoother than the tuning box. had driven a detuned version of the remapped swift which itself felt slightly faster than my pete'd swift.

why would you want to install the pete's box and the remap together? the effects are not additive anyway and the signals would conflict big time.

anyway, the remap is still being tested I think. should be out soon.

Old 27th April 2008, 11:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

I do not think remapping will help the turbo spool up faster/earlier as it's dependent on the pressure of the exhauste gases[ rpm of the engine], thats why Variable vane turbos are used. Remapping will help you in getting a little more horses, but that possible with a peggy back system,there is a differenc ein power dilivery..smoother ride.
bigger intercooler will help cool the air at higher rate and more quantity [ compared to the origenal] this translats to more power. but there is a limit to that to.

The DDIS with a FFE should give a faster spool not a huge but it,will be noticable, a turbo is like a those wind mills , if there is obstruction behind the blades it won't work as there is no way for the wind to flow after the blades,hence there is a no flow. similarly a factory exhaust is very retristevi for reasons of sound and drivablity to all kinds of drives, if there is less restriction to the flow of gases after the trubine the trubo will tend to spool up faster.

Last edited by dinar : 27th April 2008 at 11:46.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:22   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The DDIS with a FFE should give a faster spool not a huge but it,will be noticable, a turbo is like a those wind mills , if there is obstruction behind the blades it won't work as there is no way for the wind to flow after the blades,hence there is a no flow. similarly a factory exhaust is very retristevi for reasons of sound and drivablity to all kinds of drives, if there is less restriction to the flow of gases after the trubine the trubo will tend to spool up faster.
can it be the other way around, as in a better air flow at the inlet will help turbo spool up (by sucking in more air through turbo)? where as free flow will let the gas get out faster reducing the pressure on the turbo?
Old 28th April 2008, 09:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

No, the turbine on the exhaust side is the one that provides power to the impeller of the compressor, so there should be more energy at the turbine side for the turbo to spool up.
A freer breathing intake should give you better mass of air in, but it won't help the turbo spool up.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:34   #67
BHPian

Hey Dinar !
How are you bud?

Ashvin - autocross/rallyschool
Old 7th June 2008, 23:34   #68
BHPian

I will be getting a swift vdi in 2 weeks or less and the moment i get it i am gonna take it to arush for the body make over which im thinking will be good for my eyes and my pockets and talking about BIGGER TURBO
the vdi already has a small one rite which starts at 2000rpm initial boost

i like the bigger ones which would be fablous, actually what good is it?
Things i know off are
1 better lag(dont mind waiting 4 it)
2 cooler working of engine
3 better acceleration at higher speed
4 the best part off them all the bigger turbo sound

i am actually crazy enough to fix in the turbo on the first week itself but which one is a bigger turbo that can be used in swift
the turbo in safari ? Scorpio? Or some other ? Can these turbo be fixed in the vdi diesel
Old 8th June 2008, 00:04   #69
BHPian

What change in performance and sound can i get by replacing a BOV?
Is Bov the one that makes the sound while shifting gears?
Old 8th June 2008, 00:12   #70
Team-BHP Support

godspeed - your gonna drive from cochin to dehli to autopsyche? lol itll be worth it.

and just get a petes tuning box + green wind. 95bhp. that should satisfy you for a while.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
godspeed - your gonna drive from cochin to dehli to autopsyche? lol itll be worth it.

and just get a petes tuning box + green wind. 95bhp. that should satisfy you for a while.
nope i wouldnt settle for petes box no yaar its too damn common and i hate being same

and i will drive to delhi i have it all planned out yaar , you know why cause i have been watching arushs work for exactly 3 years now and i have been dreaming off the day where i get my own car which was the only thing that kept me from going to him and now that i have it (some things cant be conveyed thro text )
thats the only guy i ever thought off on modding my car :-)
Old 8th June 2008, 10:05   #72
Team-BHP Support

well petes is the most reliable mod. none of the others will be as reliable and will probably void the warranty.
Old 8th June 2008, 10:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well petes is the most reliable mod. none of the others will be as reliable and will probably void the warranty.
Oh i meant only the body make over with autopsyche ,the engine altering are best done in cochin itself :-)
other i would have to roll my bu** to delhi every week
Old 9th June 2008, 19:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
I will be getting a swift vdi in 2 weeks or less and the moment i get it i am gonna take it to arush for the body make over which im thinking will be good for my eyes and my pockets and talking about BIGGER TURBO
the vdi already has a small one rite which starts at 2000rpm initial boost

i like the bigger ones which would be fablous, actually what good is it?
Things i know off are
1 better lag(dont mind waiting 4 it)
2 cooler working of engine
3 better acceleration at higher speed
4 the best part off them all the bigger turbo sound

i am actually crazy enough to fix in the turbo on the first week itself but which one is a bigger turbo that can be used in swift
the turbo in safari ? Scorpio? Or some other ? Can these turbo be fixed in the vdi diesel

Ok! here is what i would say!
1. better lag(dont mind waiting 4 it)- Well if you spend most of your times in the lower rev range driving in the city traffic then its going to be a long wait till you get BOOST!! And i bet you would mind it!!
2. Cooler working of the engine will be attributable to a larger intercooler and not the Turbo Charger.
3. Better acceleration- well really depends w.r.t point 1.
4. Turbo Charger wont make that much of a sound than the BOV with it(Guess its the hissing sound your talking about).

5. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL A new turbo set up for an existing replacement is going to be a very very expensive job if the entire plumbing needs to be re-done let alone the cost of a new turbo and other components. Also TATA for sure uses Garrett but other than that its also available off the shelf.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:21   #75
BHPian

Quote:
What change in performance and sound can i get by replacing a BOV?
BOV is not meant for performance it is a fuctional component displacing excess boost build up, read the entire thread for more details.

Quote:
Is Bov the one that makes the sound while shifting gears?
BOV(Blow-Off Valve)is what makes the hissing sound when you let off the throttle.(and how i looooooooove hearing that.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks