Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 14:45   #46
Jay
BHPian

Congrats dude, drive safe...
I guessed right afterall... but then this is what you said a few days ago...

" Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay

Baleno, Going Turbo if i'm not wrong, guessing from his previous posts...

dude if i had that kind of money i would have bought an RS "

So... what did you do ? rob a bank ? pls teach me how to make so much money in so less time dude, and how come you didnt go for an RS since you had that kind of money ?
Old 1st May 2008, 15:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@ Psycho

So you have now TC'd Vikram's Swift & this Baleno & others which I may not be aware of.

Which of the two would be a better daily drive & which of the two would handle better ?? Curious to know details. What is the power gain in BHP & torque ?

Would either of these be compareable in performance & reliability with a Mivec Lancer 1.6L Straight 4 or a V6.

Nice to see people happy with the performance !!!!!

Cheers
Just out of curiosity. How reliable are the mivecs? How many are out here?

alias : goo ride there mate. are the intercoolers side mount ones? you can easily put a strut brace due to manifold's deisgn. I am yet to figure out how to put one in mine due to my charging pipe.

Last edited by kutlee : 1st May 2008 at 15:57.
Old 1st May 2008, 16:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Our member Sideways (Farhan) has an Indian lancer with a Mivec engine.

Check these links:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ocharging.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/531385-post98.html

There was another black lancer supposedly running a mivec engine during the official track day (last year).
Old 1st May 2008, 16:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Very reliable if not tampered with. I believe there are at least 3 on the forum if not more.
Old 1st May 2008, 17:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I have seen the number of TCs growing. So was wondering about the Mivecs.
Old 1st May 2008, 17:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Baleno yesterday, it does feel faster than Vikram's swift, I am not sure if it is as Vikram's swift feels too smooth and linear, however I felt this Baleno was easier to drive compared to Vikram's ride.
The baleno feels like it's moving into the Skoda RS power territory or maybe faster.
Old 1st May 2008, 20:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great move Alias. Hope you're enjoying the T/C territory and finding it rewarding.
Going to the right tuner is 3/4th of the battle won.
Psycho is a reputed tuner in Bangalore (although he may not want to term himself as one, something i wish, a lot of wannabe tuners learn from him) and therefore im positive the build is top notch but dont go pushing her too far with eveyry rev though, these things do have their limits you know, something im sure Psycho has briefed you about.
Enjoy the BOV sound.....HMMMMMmmmm kabhi mera bhi din ayega!!!
Old 1st May 2008, 21:57   #53
BHPian

@V-16
Thanks sir, yes to be very honest i came to know how a turbo looks like only when i joined team bhp and came to know about the psycho and yes it is one of the best according to me the best tunner in the business
however convincing him for the job was the hard part and i am thankful to him for getting convinced
@blueraven316
i am very pleased you liked it well vikrams's car is my inspiration and i am sure it is also in the RS's league
@kutlee
thanks pal the intercooler is front mounted i guess and the strut brace is one of the things to do in my list

@Jay
hehehe.. was just a joke the work was being done at that stage so was keeping tight lipped till i got the delivery
and why i didnt buy a RS is becasue now i have and can beat the RS with ease

@Ricky_63
well as far as i know his own esteem is an example of the one of the best tced cars around atleast in blore
225 horses on wheels is like HELL!! just had a small test ride(was in the passenger seat) and i felt like having a tubro in my car then and there
both of our cars i guess are running on the same kind of turbo mine is entirly stock his has a bigger throttle body
and since his car is lighter i guess his should ahve more horses then mine dont have the right figure as of now

@HappyWheels
Thansk sir, i sure am having a blast
well thanks for understanding the price part however the other details
a turbo, intercooler(not sure from which car but its quite big mostly from a suv)
some piping all chromed(this was vasu anna's idea wanted the car engine bay to look neat)
and a BoV i guess hks
an exceedy clutch 2nd stage (on my request)
thats all i already had the imported plugs installed and a new bumper since i broke mine the day i handed the car to psycho
thats all i know and ya the car is completely stock apart from this
and i think they have put a header as well not sure though
thanks for Appreciating the wirte up hope i didn leave you breathless
and no way on earth i am going there to race a GV
well i guess your right the airfilter might be difficult to remove how ever if by any vhance i need to remove it
then its psycho's headache and not mine so not worried about it and i does not obstruct the airflow i had long back removed the thing thats under the bumper for the stock air filter so the air comes in directly from the bumper
water wash is also his problem the cars gonna go for servicing to him only

@neo_trace
thats so cool how is it doning
and on lpg is it lacking the performace part
did you face any problems with it till now

@n_aditya
well sir i understand however due to lack of time and patience i am not able to take pics from a digi cam
will try and get it asap
yes its actually just not about going fast from the start,i am getting to know it better before getting every thing out of it and repose is quite good
ya the rpm is a not an expensive one and the idea of fitting the other meters was also vasu anna's
bov guess is HKS not sure though
treating her the way i would treat my kid
so is there a meet this week guess there should be since your gonna be in town

@PatienceWins
thanks mate
as i mentioned it psycho's headache and not worried about it at all

and ya i have fallen in love with it so much that i went to my office the whole week in the car
it feels so good to have so much power under your right foot makes me forget all my worries

Last edited by alias : 1st May 2008 at 22:06.
Old 1st May 2008, 22:43   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
@HappyWheels
Thansk sir, i sure am having a blast
well thanks for understanding the price part however the other details
a turbo, intercooler(not sure from which car but its quite big mostly from a suv)
some piping all chromed(this was vasu anna's idea wanted the car engine bay to look neat)
and a BoV i guess hks
an exceedy clutch 2nd stage (on my request)
thats all i know and ya the car is completely stock apart from this
and i think they have put a header as well not sure though

well i guess your right the airfilter might be difficult to remove how ever if by any vhance i need to remove it
then its psycho's headache and not mine so not worried about it and i does not obstruct the airflow i had long back removed the thing thats under the bumper for the stock air filter so the air comes in directly from the bumper
water wash is also his problem the cars gonna go for servicing to him only

@n_aditya
bov guess is HKS not sure though

While your courage to jump into a turbo-build without being familiar with it is unique, I would suggest you start to acquaint yourself with its details - it will not be the tuner's responsibility to maintain your car's turbo build, but solely your's. Also, having qualitative data about each turbo build/modification would benefit the other readers as well, not to mention adding to the knowledge base of Team-BHP.

Last edited by theMAG : 1st May 2008 at 23:00.
Old 2nd May 2008, 00:38   #55
BHPian

What size downpipe are you using and exhaust?
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fstndn View Post
What size downpipe are you using and exhaust?

its a stock down pipe
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks it is time for me to step in with the specs.
1. the turbo is equivalent of a T20 as he wanted it to spool really quick and hold boost through the rev range.
2. The fuelling is stock but driven by an emanage blue.
3. The stock baleno internals can hold upto 8 psi hence had decided not to go up above 6 psi for reliability factors
4. As he has said that he did not have enough experience with turbos it was decided not to try and up the power beyond daily usable levels
5. the down pipe is a 2 inch reducing later down the exhaust system
6. the brakes and suspension is stock for now but had reccomended and still do for a brake pad upgrade and a suspension redo. The tyres are of a sufficient size.
7. Have reccomended higher octane fuel as it is still on a piggyback with not much room for ignititon control and the quick boosting nature of the turbo can lead to detonation in the 3250 to 3500 rpm range under heavy loads.
8. The BOV is a replica but of good quality

Hope this helps clarify the doubts that all of you have raised.

Asif would still reccomend that you first get the feel of the car before you start pushing it to its limits and get comfortable with it. Please realise as discussed when we delivered the car you need to take care of it on a regular basis by checking for water levels, oil levels, fuel levels and over heating. Any vehicle when cared for will last better.

Enjoy the torque but drive responsibly.

PS: The day when I took you out on my car I was running 10 psi of boost and would have been putting out about 125 - 135 on the wheels nowhere close to the 225 number that you mentioned.
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:11   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Is that a swift diesel intercooler?
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

No that is not a swift intercooler but a much larger one. It is about 1.25 sqft with a 60 mm core.
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:00   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
No that is not a swift intercooler but a much larger one. It is about 1.25 sqft with a 60 mm core.
Oh ok. Any issues faced with the install?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks