Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 16:19   #16

Re: Car Seat Massage cushion

One of the factors which also define comfort is the absence of any kind of vibrations, car seats are designed in such a manner as to absorb the different kinds of seat vibrations which the road surface offers. Often cars in europe undergo a particular test where the cars are driven over cobbled streets (these streets are typically found in europe and the roads are made up of stones) there is a distinct roar made by the tyres in such kind of streets and the vibrations are passed on to the occupant which can get pretty uncomfortable. Test drivers drive on such roads for hours before they evaluate the comfort of the seats. Normal symptoms that are found in the occupant due to this test is often feeling of nausea. I wouldnt go as far as to say that the seats are harmful but I think they may not be as comfortable as you think.

You can check with the manufacturer what is the principle of the massage system that is being offered. However I have never inquired if there is a good massage system available in the market as an aftermarket solution. From my experience, a massage system which has a series of bladders which have air in them are the best ones. These bladders inflate and deflate in sequence like a wave and give the feeling of a massage. You could visit a mercedes delear perhaps to experience it.

Daimler Technicity | A brilliant feat: The Mercedes-Benz multicontour seat with a massage function

The image is not very clear but i think the principle is clear enough here.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Can you please share some more details about this product: price etc? I might use it at home for those long/ tiring days at work!
IMHO, its better to resolve the root cause of the back problems than get this as a workaround in the car.
TIA
This is what I have purchased. Price was 5K.

Car Seat Massage cushion-croma.jpg

For more details, go to Croma website and select products > our own brand

Croma | The Electronics Megastore | Products | Our Own Brand

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 12:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by qAnand View Post
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me how effective is Seat Massage Cushion? I get back ache after a very long drive, I hope this brings some comfort while driving. I am planning to fit one for my Swift.

I saw it in this URL:

Back Massage Cushion from China Xiamen Manufacturer, Exporter : Xiamen Wellrelax Electric Appliance Factory Ltd

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

qA

QA - backache if not related to an injury is more often than not a posture issue. And it is surprising how some big manufacturers are not paying enough attention to it. Solution are very simle most of the times.

My back had been hurting me for last one year (shortly after purchase of an INNOVA) and all that was required to cure it was a small thin cushion stuck to my car seat back rest about 6 inches above the seat. The exact place the cushion is required to be placed is obviously goverened by the height of the driver.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:31   #19
BANNED

I am looking for a car seat massager.
Not for me as the driver, but for my father.
He finds its really uncomfortable on drives, considering he is driven on a hatch.
Planning on upgrading his car to a sedan or MUV, but again traffic maneuverability and driver trouble keeps that plan at bay.
So atleast i thought i will give him this massager option.
I have sources in US, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Abu dhabi, London.... So suggest me the best place to source it from.
Old 13th September 2011, 17:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

What about cushions filled with gel?

I saw this in one of the malls in Bangalore and got it to experiment. It is supoosed to keep the seat cool and help in long drive. I am not sure. Have to try and then comment.

Has anyone used it before and share their experience? Here is the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Seat Massage cushion-dsc032691.jpg  

Old 13th September 2011, 18:08   #21
BHPian

Even I saw a electric massage cushion in Croma few months back.
The cost was 1.5k and it had various switches depending on what part you need a massage.
It worked on 12V socket in car.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:37   #22
BHPian

I use wooden beads for quite long time now in all my cars. Something like this Amazon.com: Comfort Bead Wood Beaded Seat Cushion: Automotive Its really effective and no pain in back. Cheap and best solution for back problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks