Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Cant really say about FE as when you here a nice roar when pushing the throttle your driving style changes i.e your start shifting at higher RPM which also means higher speeds, rev unnecessarily at signals, show it off to your friends by reving it etc etc, all to hear that roar out of the exhaust resulting in a lower FE otherwise if you refrain from all these activities then ideally a free-flowing exhaust should idealy increase FE as a restriction is being removed for greater efficiency of the engine overall.

I too end up doing all of the above and a little more probably and have a very aggressive style of driving so i anyway end up with low FE but the car is on CNG so does'nt really make a difference to me.
That's good to hear about your free rev for your ikon

Install a TAP for your CNG and enjoy this sudden pickup after 2k rpm on CNG too.
Mine is giving sudden pickup on CNG after 1.5K rpm.
Old 15th May 2008, 13:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Complete exhaust job should cost you within 20k. You can check out Automech for options, if you are replacing with stock, it will cost you 14 to 15k, header neednd be changed since it rarely gets rusted beyond use.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
header neednd be changed since it rarely gets rusted beyond use.
Without a change in headers, what the point?
Old 16th May 2008, 02:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
That's good to hear about your free rev for your ikon

Install a TAP for your CNG and enjoy this sudden pickup after 2k rpm on CNG too.
Mine is giving sudden pickup on CNG after 1.5K rpm.
Bro i already have a TAP on my car, without it the IKON would have gone nowhere, the free flow muffler was to aid the same thing you are talking about.
Old 16th May 2008, 03:02   #20

Abhik, What you went through is exactly What has happened to me. Instead of going in for a costly exhaust sytem etc. etc. i searched out for a mufflerwallah as he is called and he made a 2" front to back free flow system for my Fiat and now it sounds amazing. And it goes like a bomb.
Old 16th May 2008, 03:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Without a change in headers, what the point?
Ya, i mean dont headers make all the difference? Because the only restrictions then left would be the stock cat-con and muffler. But doing the headers would definately unleash maximum output that can be gained out of the exhaust.
@Jaggu - With the headers can the job be done in about 25-30k, even if i pick up stuff from different companies or one?
Old 16th May 2008, 03:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Abhik, What you went through is exactly What has happened to me. Instead of going in for a costly exhaust sytem etc. etc. i searched out for a mufflerwallah as he is called and he made a 2" front to back free flow system for my Fiat and now it sounds amazing. And it goes like a bomb.
Thats good man! With front to back, you mean cat back i.e from cat-con to end pipe or with the headers?
How much did it cost you?
Old 16th May 2008, 04:37   #23

Quote:
Thats good man! With front to back, you mean cat back i.e from cat-con to end pipe or with the headers?
How much did it cost you?
When i said Fiat, I meant Premier Padmini so there is no Cat-Con. The exhaust sytem i got was for around 1.5K if i remember correctly. It includes a 30 inch long, with 2"dia muffler, 2" dia Front pipe And 2" Dia Tailpipe. The Headers are stock but have a 4X2 Setup instead of the standard 4X1. So the final configuration is 4X2X1.
Old 16th May 2008, 05:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
When i said Fiat, I meant Premier Padmini so there is no Cat-Con. The exhaust sytem i got was for around 1.5K if i remember correctly. It includes a 30 inch long, with 2"dia muffler, 2" dia Front pipe And 2" Dia Tailpipe. The Headers are stock but have a 4X2 Setup instead of the standard 4X1. So the final configuration is 4X2X1.
Man thats a damn good price for the work, i guess i should go scouting for other mechanics aswell for such jobs, i am sure there are many out there doing such mods at a cheap price.
Old 16th May 2008, 10:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Bro i already have a TAP on my car, without it the IKON would have gone nowhere, the free flow muffler was to aid the same thing you are talking about.
aah! cool. My accent kicks in at 1.5K RPM using TAP instead of 2K RPM. hehe cheers:
Old 16th May 2008, 15:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Jaggu - With the headers can the job be done in about 25-30k, even if i pick up stuff from different companies or one?
dude FYI i got a full ffe including headers from viper for 12k for my getz.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did ask the mechanic how much he would charge to do my Ikon's complete exhaust done from the headers and he quoted me a price of 45-50k. And i thought he would do it within 10-15k
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
if any one is asking 45-50K for a FFE - then he is taking you for a ride.

i got the FFE with headers for the Padmini from Electra for 11.5K (including labour)
Old 17th May 2008, 03:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
if any one is asking 45-50K for a FFE - then he is taking you for a ride.

i got the FFE with headers for the Padmini from Electra for 11.5K (including labour)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thanks for the info guys. 12k is such a good price and well within my budget, now i think i should get it done on my car . I'll also scout for other people to get this job done at an even lower price if possible.
Old 17th May 2008, 04:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
@ ABHIK,

Can you please tell me the exact location of this mechanics workshop, would love to get some work done on my 800 and thus free up some more power.

If possible do provide me with his phone number.

Thanks.

Here is the address for the guy's shop:-

20, Guru Nanak Market, Hospital Road, Bhogal, New Delhi-110014
Its opposite to nizzamuddin railway station.

But do scout for other people aswell to do the same job in mayapuri area and karol bagh aswell, ill keep you guys informed on this.
Old 20th May 2008, 00:21   #30
BHPian

Well well well....guess what !!!! i did the same to my Ikon 1.6 a couple of months back in Bangalore. I anyways had to replace my rear muffler as it was just leaking and making weird noises sometimes. And this mod just cost me 1000 bucks.

Check out some snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Performance Mod on My Ikon 1.6-picture-057.jpg  

My First Performance Mod on My Ikon 1.6-picture-058.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks