Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 22:31   #16
BHPian

Great to see another Jeeper on board! Unique Jeep, I gotta admit. IMHO it would look fantastic without the liberal use of red. Also, you should have retained the stock rear design.

Any chance of adding a 4x4 to her?
Old 5th June 2008, 00:51   #17
BANNED

post more pics of the black car. i want to see what i could not do and none of my welders could do either.
Old 5th June 2008, 01:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great effort Harpal and a fitting result. The jeep looks out of the world when hoisted and a killer when normal. It looks like a lowrider.
Do you have problems re ride comfort when driving with the suspension fully retracted?
Also can we have interior pics and maybe a video on the process of lifting and retracting the jeep?
Old 5th June 2008, 01:17   #19
BHPian

The jeep looks good, not a big fan of the colour scheme, I would have gone for one solid colour, maybe a matte black or a matte white paint job. Great work nonetheless.
Old 5th June 2008, 09:26   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing effort harpal!!!! Kudos to you and your brother for carrying this out. What you have achieved is phenomenal and even though people may comment on certain aspects of color/finish etc, the jeep looks good. I would love to take it to off-roading and see how it performs over boulders/rocks -- assuming that it has 4x4.

Great effort mate. Will drop by to drive it if ever I am passing by Ludhiana.

PS: Rear is looking a bit bland and the window/glass is TOO big -- just a personal opinion...
Old 5th June 2008, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Great effort. one of a kind. Some suggestions, may be you can look upon having a different color combination. Add a SUV bumper it will look still great. You can still have a rethink on the rear end.

One word to summarize. Excellent.
Old 6th June 2008, 21:39   #22

sorry for delay

hi guys ,i am very sorry i cant reply right now, i am out of city. i will answer all your questions after tuesday..

Harpal Gill

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2008 at 14:44. Reason: Please dont type your entire post in BOLD
Old 7th June 2008, 07:28   #23
BANNED

awesome work bro . plz post details about 1.0 lt engine in maruti 800 .how much did it cost which engine you used and which gearbox.what modifications are required for doing so
Old 10th June 2008, 00:30   #24
BHPian

Hello Harpal,

That is a unique vehicle. Looks like you put a lot of hard work into it. But it appears that the suspension has not much functionality.

What is the point of the hydraulics? Do they provide any type of utility? Looking as the pictures, the suspension does not look like if has much of compliance (other than the tires). I don't see any springs or dampers whatsoever! Is the ride is very harsh with the vehicle bouncing and jumping over even small bumps on the road? This could be very dangerous at even low speeds.

It could be a nice capable Jeep if you went back to leaf springs or better yet coils.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:49   #25
BHPian

harpaalgill-dont know how much of use would be there with that kinda suspension anway congrats for the effort taken,but 1 suggestion regarding the color scheme and stickering,should have avoided the maroon [or is it red?] and should have gone for simpler sticker design, this looks too loud.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Fantastic effort, but in your spec's could not find AC installed, once AC is installed, then it'll be one really cool vechile.
Brillent idea, would love to have a jeep like this, looks like this jeep can really go any where, as the ground clearnce is adjustable.
hey thanks man. yes it doesn’t have Ac, but there is a technical reason behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Great to see another Jeeper on board! Unique Jeep, I gotta admit. IMHO it would look fantastic without the liberal use of red. Also, you should have retained the stock rear design.

Any chance of adding a 4x4 to her?
I know that this color scheme is not suitable for jeeps but I had a vision in my mind. As far 4wd is concern I am going to start a new project, that will be pure offroader without fancy things . Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great effort Harpal and a fitting result. The jeep looks out of the world when hoisted and a killer when normal. It looks like a lowrider.
Do you have problems re ride comfort when driving with the suspension fully retracted?
Also can we have interior pics and maybe a video on the process of lifting and retracting the jeep?
Thanks v-16. I don’t have many problems when driving .but u have to be careful while driving with fully lifted suspension. I can upload a video but I don’t know how.pl suggest me where I can upload a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
The jeep looks good, not a big fan of the colour scheme, I would have gone for one solid colour, maybe a matte black or a matte white paint job. Great work nonetheless.
Thanks .. I feel everyone has his own view point, this was mine. But I m going to start new off road jeep project then I ll need your help in color scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash001 View Post
Great effort. one of a kind. Some suggestions, may be you can look upon having a different color combination. Add a SUV bumper it will look still great. You can still have a rethink on the rear end.

One word to summarize. Excellent.
Yes I can do something different with the rear end but I don’t want to redo anything on this jeep. I ll do everything with all your suggestions on new project. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
harpaalgill-dont know how much of use would be there with that kinda suspension anway congrats for the effort taken,but 1 suggestion regarding the color scheme and stickering,should have avoided the maroon [or is it red?] and should have gone for simpler sticker design, this looks too loud.
thanks designation..i agree this color scheme is loud. But I like this mean look. I hope next time I wont disappoint you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Fantastic effort and results - the rear of the Jeep is a little too bland for my liking though.

Any pictures with the ragtop down?
Thanks. Well I am also not very happy with the rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Never thought that a Jeep could look so lovely, if I am permitted to use that adjective!
Hi thank you very much.. I appreciate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Wow .

Fruitful efforts harpaalgill. Warm welcome to TBHP.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Thats some good stuff..effort is appreciated definitely.

Like the hydraulics..especially since all this has been done by yourself
Thanks bro. I feel many people don’t appreciate others works but you are not one of them.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th June 2008 at 05:29. Reason: Formatting tags removed.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:23   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
awesome work bro . plz post details about 1.0 lt engine in maruti 800 .how much did it cost which engine you used and which gearbox.what modifications are required for doing so
hi.. I use maruti 1000 engine(earlier model of esteem) same five speed gearbox. U ll get this engine in Punjab easily in Rs10,000. or u can use zen engine also. Its not very complicated process u just have some knowledge of engines and u have to make 3 engine and gear mounting to fit this engine in 800. make sure that alignment is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
post more pics of the black car. i want to see what i could not do and none of my welders could do either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Great work paaji.

Please post some pics of the converted M800
hi bro.. unfortunately I don’t have much pic of black car bcoz we made this car almost 8 year ago.. anyways I feel happy to provide more info abt car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Please can you post the images of 1 liter engine on 800 bay!! wat extra cutting is needed. I need complete details, if its not too much to ask!
Thanks
Hi. Well it’s a maruti 1000 engine ,there is not much cutting needed. Only u have to make new engine and gear mounting.. experience mechanic can do this. What other info u want ,I feel happy to provide. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Like the jeep but not that colour theme. It could've been more mean and wild. But ofcourse, it's a personal choice.

What are those 2 pictures at the bottom??
Thanks speedzak. Those are my modified maruti cars. One is hardtop convertible and another is two door with fiber boy kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Amazing effort harpal!!!! Kudos to you and
your brother for carrying this out. What you have achieved is phenomenal
and even though people may comment on certain aspects of color/finish
etc, the jeep looks good. I would love to take it to off-roading and see
how it performs over boulders/rocks -- assuming that it has 4x4.

Great effort mate. Will drop by to drive it if ever I am passing by
Ludhiana.

PS: Rear is looking a bit bland and the window/glass is TOO big -- just
a personal opinion...
hi. thank you very much mr khan.. u are most welcome. thanks again for
ur comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Great project , harpaalgill !!!
Were you able to retain the 4WD? How is the ride/handling when fully
raised?
The front /side view is beautiful : the rear bumper could have been more
solid-looking, and the spare wheel could have been retained, I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Good job mate! The first hydraulic lift kit in
India that too self made. Keep up the good work!
I have two questions although. Does your present suspension setup allow
any normal suspension movements to soak up the road irregularities? And
how does the vehicle handle on the roads and especially while taking
turns?
yes this present suspension has 3 accumulators(2booth sides 1 rear) to
soak up the road irregularities.. handling is very good very comfortable
on good roads, but u have to careful while taking turns when suspension
is fully lifted. thanks
Modified M&M540 jeep With hydraulic-Adjustable Suspension-300-lift-accu-drg.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Bro why don't ya upgrade it to a 4X4 ??
hi. its not mechanical possible to install 4X4 when the suspension is
hydraulically adjustable between 0-13inch. so drive shaft must increase
and decrease in length which is not possible. see bellow
Modified M&M540 jeep With hydraulic-Adjustable Suspension-300-lift-drg.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Hello Harpal,

That is a unique vehicle. Looks like you put a lot of hard work into it. But it appears that the suspension has not much functionality.

What is the point of the hydraulics? Do they provide any type of utility? Looking as the pictures, the suspension does not look like if has much of compliance (other than the tires). I don't see any springs or dampers whatsoever! Is the ride is very harsh with the vehicle bouncing and jumping over even small bumps on the road? This could be very dangerous at even low speeds.

It could be a nice capable Jeep if you went back to leaf springs or better yet coils.
Hi..finally you break the ice.. thanks for your comments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
What is the point of the hydraulics? Do they provide any type of utility?
you want to know the point of hydraulics well let me ask u something what is the point of having 4X4 , Powerful engine instead of stock , N.O.S and other modifications. Its all about being different, being unique, being noticeable. Its just for hobby, its for the satisfaction of mind. There are thousand of 4X4 jeeps in our country but most of then never use 4X4. So its better doing something different than being similar.
I made this jeep bcoz nobody had done this before in India.
As far springs and damper is concern let me tell u that this jeep has 3 accumulator to soak up the road irregularities. So the vehicle is not bouncing and jumping over small bumps.
Why the way don’t worry I m going to start new project. Its going to be a pure offroader M&M550.
Best Regards
Harpal Gill

Last edited by tsk1979 : 12th June 2008 at 15:23.
Old 12th June 2008, 15:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Wow Harpal. Hats of to you. This is indeed a great mod job which does what it was made for, turn heads!
But as with the others, I am not a big fan of the color scheme at the rear.
Looking forward to the pure offroader you are building.
Old 12th June 2008, 22:05   #29
BANNED

thats a nice jeep, but as said before it would look more nice without those stikers.
anyways every 1 has his/her own choice.
BTW nice job on jeep
Old 13th June 2008, 00:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

I said this before, ill say it again... awesome work harpal ! Looking forward to see more good stuff. If youre ever in delhi do drop by.

Edit: Im not a fan of the color scheme though, full silver will look better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks